Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The incest sword of Damocles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

dogsicle posted:

afaik it doesn't portray pedophilia so that seems an odd flag to stick in it specifically

Sagiri (the little sister) is twelve, I believe.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009
eromanga-sensei has some of the best character animation of the season and probably the last few years, and is a huge showcase for young, upcoming animators that are capable of doing more than just action. unfortunately, it's also eromanga-sensei.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I haven't watched the show but most discussion of eromanga sensei seems to be "Man this is actually pretty well done, now if only it was literally any other show it'd be great." That's gotta be a weird situation for a show to be in.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Everything I've heard about the show can be summed up as "Oh hey this is a lavishly animated and actually pretty funny and charismatic show/cast, shame it's centered around a 12 year old who wants to gently caress her Onii-chan."

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
but it doesn't depict pedophilia! just ephebophilia, which is totally different you know and it is actually the best show of the season.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I think if she's under 13, one couldn't even make THAT excuse

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
This conversation went to a weird place. So, who's making the Summer Thread?

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

AnoHito posted:

Talking about Tolkein having weird political views, and somehow no one brings up that like half of Return of the King was a dumb plot line that only existed so he could rant about industrialization being bad? I mean they even had to awkwardly skip it in the movie.

industrialization being bad sounds a hell of a lot more interesting than whatever the rest of LotR was about. All that sweaty, fiery bro bonding between the bearded bear and the skinny blonde effeminate twink and they didn't even gently caress.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Wark Say posted:

Zorak

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > ADTRW > Summer 2017: but it doesn't depict pedophilia! I think if she's under 13...

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

DisDisDis posted:

industrialization being bad sounds a hell of a lot more interesting than whatever the rest of LotR was about. All that sweaty, fiery bro bonding between the bearded bear and the skinny blonde effeminate twink and they didn't even gently caress.

That's what fanfics are for

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

DisDisDis posted:

Be the change you want to be. :)

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Does Zorak even use these forums anymore? I thought he burned out for good.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Spiritus Nox posted:

Everything I've heard about the show can be summed up as "Oh hey this is a lavishly animated and actually pretty funny and charismatic show/cast, shame it's centered around a 12 year old who wants to gently caress her Onii-chan."

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Wark Say posted:

Does Zorak even use these forums anymore? I thought he burned out for good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsARNhjWdHc

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

the brownie bits are elf yamada

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
huh

LOGH is licensed and streaming...

...exclusively on some dumb Sentai poo poo. And it appears to be the only true 'sclusie they have. huh

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Wark Say posted:

I'm actually working on it. Right. Now.

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

The Royal Tutor was really good, a nice simple story that nails the ending.

Best of all it did not creep me out.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
I haven't had time to watch a single show this season :cry:

The only anime I've watched was Blame on netflix, which was surprisingly good.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Chas McGill posted:

I haven't had time to watch a single show this season :cry:

The only anime I've watched was Blame on netflix, which was surprisingly good.

There's more Blame on the way too!

https://twitter.com/Crunchyroll/status/876552860930060288

psyer
Mar 26, 2013
There looks to be a new anime streaming service in the US and it looks like the site is down due to capacity. They have Legend of the Galactic Heroes exclusively there and are charging $3.99/month and are releasing it episodically with 4 episodes a week.

https://www.hidive.com/tv/legend-of-the-galactic-heroes

Wonder whether this is Sentai's attempt of a standalone streaming service. Seeing Sentai's previous work, the subs are probably not good.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

1. There is an ad supported free membership with certain restrictions

2. The site is not owned by Sentai, they're just in an agreement to stream Sentai shows.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Hyouka officially streaming now

https://twitter.com/wtk/status/877358118971129858

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
Huh. I don't know if I want to pay an amount comparable to a Crunchyroll sub for a single series, but it probably is worth it.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Hey, look over there!

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

How's the dub on this?

smenj
Oct 10, 2012

Nitrousoxide posted:

How's the dub on this?

Those first two episodes of the dub on Funimation's site are available for free (with ads), so you can just check it out first-hand if you want. Having only seen those two episodes dubbed myself, I'd say I probably preferred the sub overall, but the dub was by no means bad. That said, it wasn't as if the dub voices had much time to grow on me.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Nitrousoxide posted:

How's the dub on this?

I haven't checked out the episodes proper, but the PVs for the dub sounded like garbage in all honesty.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

How'd they localize "Ki Ni Narimasu" anyway?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Spiritus Nox posted:

VERY IMPORTANT INFORMATION. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hargrimm
Sep 22, 2011

W A R R E N

Spiritus Nox posted:

"I have to know"

• Locked thread