Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

Anime Lover David Beckham

ozmunkeh posted:

calm down aatrek

he's too close to legal for aatrek

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

ozmunkeh posted:

calm down aatrek

Lol

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Really hope someone puts together a compilation of all our bizarre set piece routines from this game.

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

ok this game is boring now bye

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

fat greasy puto posted:

ok this game is boring now bye

Hahaha yeah because there's no way we can't manage to gently caress this up

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
well color me surprised

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
This is nerve wracking

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

christ

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Holy poo poo

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Thank god!

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread
Never in doubt.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Phew

Glad I had my meltdown in the first half

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
That was an unnecessarily stressful end.

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

EvilHawk posted:

Hahaha yeah because there's no way we can't manage to gently caress this up

burnley is pitiful away

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
tbh i still dont think emre can is a good footballer but im glad he scored a goal to win this game for liverpool fc

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

vyelkin posted:

tbh i still dont think emre can is a good footballer but im glad he scored a goal to win this game for liverpool fc

If you were interested in good football, you would not be a fan of Liverpool FC.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
2 easy.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.
Henderson can't get back fast enough - Can is dire, even with that goal. I'm not even sure where he should be playing anymore. I thought initially he might turn into a strong box to box player who could balance out a midfield triangle or something, but loving hell.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

cheese posted:

Henderson can't get back fast enough - Can is dire, even with that goal. I'm not even sure where he should be playing anymore. I thought initially he might turn into a strong box to box player who could balance out a midfield triangle or something, but loving hell.

You know Henderson's going to take a while to get back in form, right?

I thought Can was okay.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

cheese posted:

We look dodgy as gently caress without Henderson. I'm surprised Klopp hasn't given Lucas a shot at that defensive midfield position instead of Can; he may be slow and a bit of a free kick magnet but he's positionally disciplined and doesn't give the ball away cheaply like Can. Won't be surprised to see both off in the summer so hopefully we get someone with a bit more mobility- especially as Henderson seems to have this ongoing foot issue.

As for Can I just don't think he fits into the type of football we want to be playing. He's clearly talented and I can see him being a good player elsewhere but I just don't think high pressing possession football suits him. He's too slow off the mark and takes the wrong option far too much.

Also want to say that I really like Wijnuldum. He does the simple things right and has started to become the goal threat he was at Newcastle. If we had a single player that was capable of taking a set piece he'd probably score a lot more as he's terrific in the air.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

We should keep Can as long as we can solve the contract issue IMO. A year ago he looked like the future captain of our side but he's been pretty shite this year. He's been a lot better lately though and is still only 23. Also, Klopp is still a fan and I'm willing to accept that he probably knows more about football than me.

Gini rules.

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS

Xabi posted:

2 easy.

was it though?

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

I don't understand the question and I won't respond to it.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Xabi posted:

We should keep Can as long as we can solve the contract issue IMO. A year ago he looked like the future captain of our side but he's been pretty shite this year. He's been a lot better lately though and is still only 23. Also, Klopp is still a fan and I'm willing to accept that he probably knows more about football than me.

Gini rules.

Can has never looked like a future captain. He's too rash into challenges and doesn't show any of the emotional maturity to do the role.

That being said, he plays in midfield and loves a long shot/pass, so he fits the mould.

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
Doesn't Can want like 100k p/w to renew his contact?

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Meat Wagon posted:

Doesn't Can want like 100k p/w to renew his contact?

Eh the numbers vary. His current wage is really low - I think around the same area as Moreno, Markovic, Klavan etc. Considering how much he plays for us (particularly with Hendo's long term injuries) it's fair enough that he wants to climb above that. Either he wants to double his salary (around £35,000/week) or get closer to £100k - I think the former is fair, the latter is a bit harder to swallow on current form.

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004

EvilHawk posted:

Eh the numbers vary. His current wage is really low - I think around the same area as Moreno, Markovic, Klavan etc. Considering how much he plays for us (particularly with Hendo's long term injuries) it's fair enough that he wants to climb above that. Either he wants to double his salary (around £35,000/week) or get closer to £100k - I think the former is fair, the latter is a bit harder to swallow on current form.

I saw a Liverpool Echo story that quoted the £100k but you're probably right in it being his opening demand in order to bargain for a better wage. It's still an eye watering figure for a player of his ability though. I don't really watch Liverpool much but every time I have I've come away with a really poor impression of Can, and it seems like a lot of Liverpool fans feel the same way. The only real defense I've seen of him is that he's young and has potential, which seems a really weak excuse for a player who is now 23 and approaching his prime with no real stand out performances in his past to suggest that he's a really good player.

Like I said I don't really watch Liverpool all that much so I'm probably wrong but he really doesn't seem like a good player to me.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Meat Wagon posted:

I saw a Liverpool Echo story that quoted the £100k but you're probably right in it being his opening demand in order to bargain for a better wage. It's still an eye watering figure for a player of his ability though. I don't really watch Liverpool much but every time I have I've come away with a really poor impression of Can, and it seems like a lot of Liverpool fans feel the same way. The only real defense I've seen of him is that he's young and has potential, which seems a really weak excuse for a player who is now 23 and approaching his prime with no real stand out performances in his past to suggest that he's a really good player.

Like I said I don't really watch Liverpool all that much so I'm probably wrong but he really doesn't seem like a good player to me.

He certainly is capable of being a good player, but he has some frustrating moments that seem to crop up more often when he's not playing well. He's got height, strength, a decent shot (as you saw yesterday) and a surprising amount of pace, but absolutely no left foot and the turning circle of an iceberg.

Part of the wages is the money we've been handing out recently. Coutinho's gone up to between £150-200k, Lallana's just got a large payrise, Lovren is probably next (or has he already? hard to keep track), Migs got one in the summer etc etc. Of the players in and around our first team I think he's around the bottom rung so there is an argument that if we are giving out money elsewhere he probably feels he deserves some too.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Meat Wagon posted:

Can was really good in the run-up to the Europa League final last season. He got injured early this season, though, and since he came back, he's been inconsistent. He's usually better in the higher profile matches against the other "big" clubs and has made some real howlers in the other matches, but you can copy and paste that summary into a report on every Liverpool player for this season. Overall, he's improved a lot since Liverpool first got him during Rodgers' tenure and I don't think the ceiling has shown just yet.

I can see why people don't rate him that highly, but given how Liverpool's squad is otherwise filled with twiggy midgets, Can at least offers physicality and doesn't just let himself get physically badgered or intimidated out of a match. If Klopp is being honest about Can playing through a long-term calf issue, then I think that also should be considered before writing him off as having peaked. All the conveniently-timed leaks about a demanded wage increase seems to be part of the song-and-dance regarding the contract negotiation too. I suspect that many of the actual CL clubs (and not pretenders with history) would pay higher than his current Liverpool salary to sit quietly on a bench. If FSG is going to blanch at that then they need to find another sport.

Also, if you're complaining about Can's mobility, keeping Lucas around as a squad midfielder who will often have to start for long stretches of league matches doesn't seem to solve that issue either. When he's a midfielder, Lucas usually puts in a good shift for 1 or 2 matches and then falls off a slope quickly because his physicality is no longer at that level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Can someone tell OP it is not November. Maybe try a calendar store dude. Jeez

• Locked thread