Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

have we talked about how alan alda somehow became republican nominee despite being an atheist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Somebody's doing the raping. *triumphant flourish*

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Whorelord posted:

have we talked about how alan alda somehow became republican nominee despite being an atheist

:lol: like an open atheist? I have my doubts a open atheist could get the democratic nomination.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Crowsbeak posted:

:lol: like an open atheist? I have my doubts a open atheist could get the democratic nomination.
He didn't. :getin:

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

He always strikes me more as a Deist.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Crowsbeak posted:

He always strikes me more as a Deist.

not new, that's basically how tommy j and georgie dubs rolled

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

Crowsbeak posted:

As a pro-choice, agnostic-at-best Republican senator from California, he beat out an evangelical reverend from rural Virginia for the GOP nomination in the last season after winning NH and running the table on Super Tuesday. You know, in case you needed more evidence that the show, while entertaining, isn't very reflective at all of the modern American political landscape (and wasn't much at the time either).

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

actually john spencer can keep his emmy. that was nice

WINNINGHARD
Oct 4, 2014

Jackass is a lot better

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

comedyblissoption posted:

lol i found that scene
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jM1Vt6MyKj0
the antagonist is the person who says we shouldn't cut social security while the protagonist makes condescending statements about his antagonist's immaturity

ugggghhhhh

A perfect encapsulation of centrist Dems

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 245 days!

Not a Step posted:

A perfect encapsulation of centrist Dems

To give the writers credit, the way he mumbles you'd think even he was ashamed of what he's saying.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

Hodgepodge posted:

To give the writers credit, the way he mumbles you'd think even he was ashamed of what he's saying.

Unfortunately that's just the way Toby talked. He had two mode, angry self-righteous rant, and condescending mumbling.

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

R. Guyovich posted:

the "great scene" of the series, where bartlet curses out god in latin at the national cathedral and rattles off his accomplishments, is hilarious

he lists a scotus appointment among them, as if the almighty creator gives a poo poo about who's on the federal bench

gently caress that show, it sucked from day one and the sopranos should retroactively be given all the emmys the west wing won

i can't disagree; the west wing is, and always has been, a raging dumpster fire

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Whorelord posted:

The only question is why wouldn't someone want to vote for Alan Alda?

Honestly, I think the GOP would fawn over him because he's exactly the kind of rear end in a top hat daddy they love.

• Locked thread