Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
What would Bernie Sanders have done if he had defeated Hillary Clinton in the primary?

Won, of course, but what else would he have done, sitting in the White House as our new ruler?

Share all your wildest fantasies and most sober cynicisms here, in this thread about an alternate reality we are never going to see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Bill: Sorry babe, just one of those nights I guess.

Hillary, petulantly: Bernie would have come.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

President Bernie would send his single payer healthcare plan to Congress but the new slim Democratic majority would whine about means testing and tax increases and stall out, leading to a 2018 Republican wave election and the 2020 election of Ted Nugent to the presidency.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Senator David Clarke

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

Time for a little robot chauvinism!

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

President Bernie would send his single payer healthcare plan to Congress but the new slim Democratic majority would whine about means testing and tax increases and stall out, leading to a 2018 Republican wave election and the 2020 election of Ted Nugent to the presidency.

Truest thing ever posted.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Unlike this bullshit with trump it would have been cool to have a bonafide deep state coup/business plot.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Michelle: I'm sorry Barack I'm just not that into parasailing, or Richard Branson

Obama: Bernie would have fun.

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.
In 2020, Bernie would have run.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

in this alternate universe we're threatening judges for blocking his executive orders

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Michelle: I'm sorry Barack I'm just not that into parasailing, or Richard Branson

Obama: Bernie would have fun.

OP: I think we should make a joke thread about what could have been

Poster: bernie would have pun

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
he would've broken paul ryan's staff and shattered his power, before banishing the fallen speaker of the house to the ends of the wretched earth

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

zeal posted:

he would've broken paul ryan's staff and shattered his power, before banishing the fallen speaker of the house to the ends of the wretched earth

this would have somehow have appointed paul ryan to the supreme court, because he is a grandmaster at accidental success

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
He would have been shot during the general

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

here a thing: who bernie vp

ellison or grijalva are obvious contenders; jimmy hoffa, original lineup of The Weavers are darkhorses

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Aliquid posted:

ellison or grijalva are obvious contenders; jimmy hoffa, original lineup of The Weavers are darkhorses

ghost of Eugene Debs

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

Aliquid posted:

it would have been liz warren

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Aliquid posted:

in this alternate universe we're threatening judges for blocking his executive orders

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

Ace of Baes posted:

it would have been liz warren

Donald J. Trump

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
...supersized his combo (unlike you op)

Dalaram
Jun 6, 2002

Marshall/Kirtaner 8/24 nevar forget! (omg pedo)
Bernie would have polonium

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
no lie polonium would be a bomb rear end name for a daschund

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
My doctor was a big fan of the Bern dog which was surprising to me but I'm glad of it and will be a patient of his for as long as I'm allowed to choose doctors.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

hillary goes to an amusement park for a photo-op, but all of the pictures of her are stone-faced and upset looking

reporter: "bernie would have fun..."

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
Honestly probably not much because Dems would fight him on anything that took away from the donor class

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

GlyphGryph posted:

What would Bernie Sanders have done if he had defeated Hillary Clinton in the primary?
Possibly successful EOs to create a PAYE tax system to reduce the amount of tax gently caress-ups that happen/put the burden onto employers rather than employees for that stuff, and Berniecare, which would be like Obamacare but with a much more aggressive government regime in terms of arguing over prices. Possibly some kind of (very plausibly unsuccessful) attempt at reforming the police?

gobbagool
Feb 5, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Doctor Rope

GlyphGryph posted:

Won, of course, but what else would he have done, sitting in the White House as our new ruler?

Share all your wildest fantasies and most sober cynicisms here, in this thread about an alternate reality we are never going to see.

he would have made a lot of farts that smell like gold bond and shaken his fist at a cloud that's following him around

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
he would have started uncontrollably vomiting up cherry stones, like that lady in the witches of eastwick, while being sworn in.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

the instant he won the general the entire DNC would have resigned in protest in a really stupid attempt to own him, like the failed Corbyn coup, only to find out that nobody cares because nobody likes them

and then the elected officials in the party would have opposed him at every turn because a good half of them are total sellouts and shills and nothing would get done but boy we'd be real screechy about the neoliberals

we prob also wouldn't have weekly hate crimes taking place that'd be nice

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

...ate the whole thing?

Brother Friendship
Jul 12, 2013

We'd be better equipped for the coming war against the Bad Dems.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
Would have used the position to stump for a hostile takeover of the Democratic party, and then lost to a fascist as the bad dems cut his knees out from under. We'd be a lot better off after 4 years, but the bad dems would ruin it all

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.
I wonder if they would've given him the Nobel Peace Price just for having stopped Donald J. Trump from holding office. It probably would've saved hundred of thousands of lives, if not millions.

Now Hillary has more than just Benjamin Ghazi's blood on her hands. She'll also have to atone for every murder the orange man commits.

Fiend
Dec 2, 2001
He would have implemented full communism, invaded Great Britain and then lost because the military budget went to welfare queens, and we'd all be living under a monarchy right now.

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

a national deblasio back turn would have occured, with cops around the country turning away from Washington

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

Fiend posted:

He would have implemented full communism, invaded Great Britain and then lost because the military budget went to welfare queens, and we'd all be living under a monarchy right now.

hows that different lmao

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ScrubLeague posted:

hows that different lmao

the queen has other people tweet for her.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 233 days!

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

I wonder if they would've given him the Nobel Peace Price just for having stopped Donald J. Trump from holding office. It probably would've saved hundred of thousands of lives, if not millions.

Now Hillary has more than just Benjamin Ghazi's blood on her hands. She'll also have to atone for every murder the orange man commits.

So, Carter really is history's greatest monster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

bernie would have, son

• Locked thread