Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Runa
Feb 13, 2011

"Partial controller support" is an understatement. If you don't have a gamepad you're gonna be frustrated. (There's no mouse support. Some people have managed to emulate a gamepad[?] with their mouse but these are crazy people.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Your Computer posted:

Thanks!

Are there (many?) different armors and weapons for ~fashion hunting~ or is it more of a "use what you get" type deal? Also why does the steam page say "partial controller support", are you supposed to play with a keyboard and mouse or something?

I.. think I want this game.

The fashion hunting is good, and missions make it very easy to grind out the parts you need for a desired weapon or armor. A few things have to be found out in the world or in ruins runs, though. Eyes of truth masks can be a bit of a pain.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

chumbler posted:

It's a bit unfortunate since their chatter doesn't get subtitles, which is understandable since that could get annoying and distracting fast.

At least we have Gwen.

something something stonehenge something piece of cake

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
It doesn't support my resolution so I have to play windowed.... that really sucks :(

Well I'll give it a try at least. Spend a good while in the character creator, hit confirm and... crash to desktop. Why :negative:

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Your Computer posted:

It doesn't support my resolution so I have to play windowed.... that really sucks :(

Well I'll give it a try at least. Spend a good while in the character creator, hit confirm and... crash to desktop. Why :negative:

KT ports, sadly.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

chumbler posted:

KT ports, sadly.

Is there any hope that some nerd will come along and release a resolution fix like with the bad Bandai Namco ports? :smith:

Assuming I can even get the game to run, of course..

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Yeah, this game has its fair share of technical issues. Koei Tecmo is kind of garbage at PC ports.

On the matter of issues, I've run into a bit of a problem myself. I can't find Tokitsugu in the village for turning in the quest A Bigger Chest 2. I mention this because I forgot to do it until well into the Age of Yore and now I'm worried he's gone.

EDIT: Oh, he's able to be interacted with after beating the normal-difficulty campaign, I was getting worried for a minute there.

Runa fucked around with this message at 09:26 on Apr 7, 2017

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Man I'm just happy to get 60 FPS. I stick to 1080p monitors just for this sort of thing though. Sucks for everyone else though.

Game is fun, I'm just sticking to Sword and Shield though and I'm still 50/50 on it. I thought the attack mode was a bit spammy but after trying other weapons, they seem to all be pretty spammy! Still trying to decide how much I care about this spring stance thing though.

Internet Friend
Jan 1, 2001

I use Borderless Gaming to stretch the window out to 1440. It's not ideal but it's better than nothing.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I'm kinda curious, what's the original name of the unit the translation calls Guards? I know the Samurai are just the Samurai. If it's just a word meaning "Guards" I'm still curious what the actual word is since I seem to not quite be able to hear it clearly in cutscenes and dialogue.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

How many new big monsters does this game have?

kojei
Feb 12, 2008

Your Computer posted:

Assuming I can even get the game to run, of course..

Set particle effects to low. There's a known issue where medium/high particle effects will crash the game for some people, myself included.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Thanks!

Gotta say it's really expensive for a shoddy port :(... but I really want to punch monsters so I think I'll give your suggestions a go instead of refunding.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

you also might get the issue where the game just hogs 100% of your CPU at all times even when paused or in menus, like me, then you just have to set the priority to Above Normal and it's playable but it'll increase your CPU temps so head' sup

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Good luck, Your Computer. If you need to get a refund then that's just how it goes.

The Moon Monster posted:

How many new big monsters does this game have?

Not including recolors, I counted eight new monsters that weren't in Kiwami.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

So dumb question. I saved the world the first time and got promoted to captain, but because I farted around doing missions and side quests, I forgot what exactly I'm supposed to be doing to progress the story. All the quest description says is sub task: defeat the oni.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

once you become captain of mahobora you have to defeat the oni

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

for real though you're done until story DLC/kiwami or whatever comes out, do the mission counter hunts to advance and get better gear or play some multiplayer hunts

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Huh. Considering it said chapter 7 and I still didn't have some friends' mitama, I assumed there was more. Time to wait, I guess. Not that I'm complaining, as I've certainly gotten my money's worth. Just didn't feel like a conclusion based on how Toukiden 1 went.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Apr 9, 2017

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

chumbler posted:

Huh. Considering it said chapter 7 and I still didn't have some friends' mitama, I assumed there was more. Time to wait, I guess. Not that I'm complaining, as I've certainly gotten my money's worth. Just didn't feel like a conclusion based on how Toukiden 1 went.

I've also beaten the campaign and I'm itching for more.

On that note, I really, really want there to be a Touki2 Kiwami expansion someday. Odds are slim considering how this seems to be the least-played of all the monster hunting games, I'll admit. But by golly, this game has been exactly my jam in so many ways and it's a shame not to have an equivalent to G-Rank. That and Kiwami's campaign was actually pretty good and I'd like to see where they might go from here in Mahoroba.

lol that Shiki still had no idea he and the Holy Mount had been doing teleportation experiments on an Ark warrior this entire time, even though the tablets confirmed you couldn't be able to decipher them if you weren't. Though considering he couldn't recognize his own daughter, and then refused to believe her, it's clear the guy wasn't nearly as on the ball as he thought he was.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

If there is ever (hopefully) an expansion, I want Kuyo as a party member.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

The third fracture I would do away with...I can't, sorry.

F R A C T U R E
Kuyo is a trained slayer and he fights for a little bit off screen in Kiwami. Nothing is impossible.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

How do you add NPCs to your party? If there was a tutorial for that, I missed it.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Really Pants posted:

How do you add NPCs to your party? If there was a tutorial for that, I missed it.

Talk to Kuon, select Call Colleagues.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
I did that Reshade stuff to get rid of the gray filter and what a difference it makes.

https://sfx.thelazy.net/games/screenshot/50914/full/

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Rascyc posted:

I did that Reshade stuff to get rid of the gray filter and what a difference it makes.

https://sfx.thelazy.net/games/screenshot/50914/full/

My god

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

update: gauntlets still rule

I didn't care for their lack of mobility in Kiwami but the Demon Hand has solved that problem forever, especially since your leap attacks are all Fire Hooks. You can reforge your starting gauntlets to give them a stun effect, and with Flurry you have a pretty good chance to proc it on most things weaker than the story boss. I just found a fat sumo defense mitama who can make your fight punches even faster. Here begins my quest to punch every Oni's dick off.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

The third fracture I would do away with...I can't, sorry.

F R A C T U R E
I got the platinum in and it's by far less intensive than Touki1 or Kiwami. Great game that really needs a follow up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Yeah, definitely.

Also I think the last DLC mission pack is up. I checked the koei wiki and it looks like each of the mission packs we get is a multipack of 2-3 mission dlcs from the JP version, and this one seems to have the last of them. I hope they bring back the Snaggwen. Pretty sure that one was from a free update in Kiwami.

• Locked thread