Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

I just remembered the Niles pot brownie episode is ALSO a Christmas episode AND features goth Freddy.

It's basically the best episode?

Bringing up goth Freddy was the best part of nu-Frasier. I also loved the orphan David parts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Grassy Knowles posted:

as someone who likes some treks, that's a cursed as hell monkeys paw you got there

I am so very extremely well aware. We got close, and it required both Picard and Disco to get there and I was fine with that.

Maybe not fine. There was a lot of complaining during the Picard and Disco episodes, but I watched it dammit.

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

Don't trust the liberals,
they will betray you
Gave the show a go after the reception it got here. The trailer was so cringe but they had dialled up the sitcom for that, it's not as bad as I expected. It does get a bit broad in the humour at times, but they captured the Frasier character which elevates it.

Frasier setting out to catch Freddy and Eve in their lie about the baby is pure Frasier. It's bringing the sensibilities of his character and 90s sitcoms into present day sitcom, which I enjoyed.

The apartments are a bit distracting for me because they look like the sets from big bang theory. But thankfully that's as far as the bbt similarities go.

Sagacity
May 2, 2003
Hopefully my epitaph will be funnier than my custom title.
Watched the first half of the season, it's definitely not a top tier sitcom but it's not as cringe as I expected. The last one I watched was the one where Frasier can join a prestigious Harvard club, which really made me miss Niles. Alan is not a great foil imo, Olivia fared a bit better. Might as well watch "The Club" of the original show, I suppose.

All the characters apart from Frasier seem a bit one note though, they could use a bit more shading.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

I really think the show would have ended up being pretty loving good if the season had 20+ episodes like the old show. It was shaky through the first 5-6 episodes, but the last few were genuinely good.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
I thought the first few episodes were a bit rough, but I ended up loving it. I fell in love with Alan as a character with the Harvard episode and the drat gauntlet. Killed me every time.

I really hope they make more.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/kelly-clarkson-kelsey-grammer-frasier-theme-song-1234943549/

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I just read in a magazine of all things about Frasier Fantasy, a Game Boy styled turn based RPG about Frasier.

Yes there is a Maris boss fight.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Let's just hope your sword is more cutting than your wit.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Frasier Fantasy sounds like a weed vape I could enjoy a lot

Possibly while watching Frasier

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Wondering whether Frasier and Niles would smoke weed, but lol nerdy kids of a cop, and also psychiatrists who can prescribe themselves the good stuff anyway. And they strike me as the types who'd get either too anxious on the stuff or too relaxed and blurt out exactly the wrong thing with perfect comic timing.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Niles was excited by the idea, at least

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Frasier and Niles are constantly drunk and on pills

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3UsKyPM3Wo

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

Don't trust the liberals,
they will betray you
watching them all in a row, i've just realized what a funny character and actress Lilith was. They've always been great but such short segments. her interactions with Niles and Frasier are peak, and Martin's mad dash to shake her hand, ditching his cane, because she was getting married was great physical comedy.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Marenghi posted:

watching them all in a row, i've just realized what a funny character and actress Lilith was. They've always been great but such short segments. her interactions with Niles and Frasier are peak, and Martin's mad dash to shake her hand, ditching his cane, because she was getting married was great physical comedy.

Kinda funny that they initially try to play her up as antagonistic but she ends up downright likeable, especially given she's prone to the same silliness as the Crane brothers.

Maybe she has a similar deal with Frasier and Niles, where they have plenty in common and get alone, but they inevitably end up with dangerous levels of friction and ensuing hilarity when they spend too much time around each other, perhaps because of those same quirks and commonalities. Actually a pretty common theme of the show about cohabiting in non-traditional manners, about sharing space, setting boundaries and making compromises to make relationships work.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

Eddie’s Mongrel Seed would be a good band name.

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug
Pluto TV has Frasier here. It's good.

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

Good news, I guess? Hopefully some more of the old cast will come back, at least for a cameo.

‘Frasier’ Scores Season 2 Renewal At Paramount+

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Didn't think I'd be saying this, but I'm glad it's getting another season. They had a pretty good vibe going by the end of season 1.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

We used to just let sitcoms spend two seasons finding their voice.

Even loving Cheers needed that.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Sir Lemming posted:

Didn't think I'd be saying this, but I'm glad it's getting another season. They had a pretty good vibe going by the end of season 1.

I wanted to hate it so bad but it's totally aggressively alright

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Couple complaints but it hits basically all the right notes.

I think it'd be a decent show even without the Frasier branding. Though finding somebody with the presence of Kelsey to carry it would be a tall order.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Once we got a proper Frasier Farce™ episode, I did a little happy dance.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

https://twitter.com/pyjamas_black/status/1772206716345549130

Cam Winston up to his old tricks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Cam Winston would be a throwaway forgotten character without Kelsey's delivery of his name