Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
another dog is catching up with riot dog everyone itf who hasn't voted should

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
got off my rear end and voted!!

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
hes a good dog brent

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Duscat posted:

louk doing pretty well in the polls, he's got an 85-vote lead over the next two candidates, kayak and monty, who are tied

i'm actually surprised at how even the race is, because i did a bit of spying around before the final and it seemed that louk had by far the biggest number of votes in the primaries, especially considering that he also ran on PYF and almost won!

i think the checkbox poll and the all-dogs-are-good-dogs effect is evening out the race a lot. as of right now, 24% of voters had Loukanikos checked, and only 18% Kayak or Monty, but even the weakest dog, CineD's Andy was deemed good by 5% of voters

still, for monty or kayak to beat loukanikos at this point, 85 people would have to deem them good dogs, and NOT deem loukanikos one, so fingers crossed for louk, and if you still haven't voted, go do your duty!

e: i am a giant nerd for pointless dog elections and here is the spreadsheet to prove it

as somebody who is gay for stats i wanted to say thank you for this

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
kayak is an extremely good dog but it's hilarious to me that the star citizen forum is the one that is attempting to rally and defeat louk

you should have to have 10 posts outside the star citizen forum in your post history to participate in the election. start a petition on whitehouse.gov

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

wizard on a water slide posted:

kayak is an extremely good dog but it's hilarious to me that the star citizen forum is the one that is attempting to rally and defeat louk

you should have to have 10 posts outside the star citizen forum in your post history to participate in the election. start a petition on whitehouse.gov

I wouldn't say we're really trying to rally. I made a couple posts in the main thread asking folks to vote, but mostly I know a lot of folks don't give a poo poo so I'm trying not to be annoying with it.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Beet Wagon posted:

I wouldn't say we're really trying to rally. I made a couple posts in the main thread asking folks to vote, but mostly I know a lot of folks don't give a poo poo so I'm trying not to be annoying with it.

your dog owns.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Ty he's pretty rad if I say so myself

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Beet Wagon posted:

all dogs are good. but can't control the inherent impulses of the election subforum :sweatdrop:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
theyre good dogs bront

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe
as the race heats up, it is becoming obvious that while all dogs are good dogs, they are good in different ways, and it is starting to make a difference

the video game dog kayak has rallied and pulled ahead of monty by 112 votes and is now in second place, with monty tied at third with another late riser rusty, good dogs all

however, while kayak has to wear goggles whenever he goes outside to guard his sensitive blue eyes from Earth's harsh sun, loukanikos once charged a tear gas grenade and bit the bejesus out of it, and this is probably why he still leads the race, by 103 votes as of right now

all in all, 26.39% of all voters have now deemed Loukanikos a Good Dog, a number that should clearly be higher, but the shortcoming clearly reflects more on the ignorance of the other 73.61% than on Loukanikos himself

e: also, it's obvious from how the good-dogs-per-vote ratio has dropped that the recent votes have been very partisan, dropping the average to less than two deemed-good dogs per vote! shame

Duscat has issued a correction as of 05:02 on Mar 24, 2017

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief
my vote is in; may the riot dog win!

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
What's the voter participation rate?

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
110%

i'd have it at 120% but i can't find enough dead goons to stuff ballots with

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

Always bet on Louk

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Beet Wagon posted:

This isn't a place where you need to defend being annoying with something.

pig slut lisa
Mar 5, 2012

irl is good

What would Loukanikos say if he found out that over 500 people voted for him but fewer than a dozen pledged to make a donation to the Prison Pet Partnership in his honor?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3814045

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe
Agreed, donor activity has been rather shameful. Louk's charity nominee is a really good one, too, and though it's not guaranteed he'll win, I have faith in him. C'mon c-spam, dig deep.

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe
some crazy homeless guy is ranting in the vote thread, and i'm worried about the optics

guys, do we not have five bucks each to paypal to a good cause? let's fill up a page or two with pledges

funny Star Wars parody posted:

All the CSPAM voters not putting they money where they mouth is is :sad:

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

I don't know, it is a Friday night. Maybe we should try and spread optics tomorrow so that people are reminded that YES, there's a CHARITY to DONATE TO, and that because our DOG WON, that DONATIONS should go to it!

MariusMS
Jan 26, 2006

Who's laughing now?
Clapping Larry
I misunderstood the assignment and donated to prison pet partnership already. I feel terrible. I will post in the other thread as well.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

pig slut lisa posted:

What would Loukanikos say if he found out that over 500 people voted for him but fewer than a dozen pledged to make a donation to the Prison Pet Partnership in his honor?

Probably something along the lines of "woof! woof!"

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

pig slut lisa posted:

lol I aint reading all that poo poo just make a donate post in C-SPAM

e: i read it all

Homeless Friend has issued a correction as of 22:25 on Mar 26, 2017

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
loukanikos the cspam dog won the dog contest; all the dogs are good.

but good job cspam for nominating the goodest dog

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe
It's not like there was any doubt.

All the other dogs were random forums dogs, and like half of them i think weren't even dogs, i mean, i'm not sure if it's politically correct say it, but i think TFR's dog was probably actually a bird? I dunno i'm not very good at telling species and if i get probated for this i probably deserve it.

But Loukanikos was the only dog with a real story and a real life.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
naw there were a lot of good dogs in it, who accounted them self's nobly.

somebody tell the admins to give me a doge smiley plat icon tho lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Duscat posted:

It's not like there was any doubt.

All the other dogs were random forums dogs, and like half of them i think weren't even dogs, i mean, i'm not sure if it's politically correct say it, but i think TFR's dog was probably actually a bird? I dunno i'm not very good at telling species and if i get probated for this i probably deserve it.

But Loukanikos was the only dog with a real story and a real life.

I dunno. Rufus was a pretty solid looking dog. Probably climbed up from the mail room to get where he is today.

• Locked thread