Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stranger Danger Ranger
Jul 21, 2007
There are lizards coming out of my tv.
No idea how it got in here, what should I do? There are no bodies of water around here where I could release it. I mean I could shoo it outside and forget it, but I dunno if there's a habitat for it anywhere nearby and I kind of feel responsible so...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stranger Danger Ranger
Jul 21, 2007
There are lizards coming out of my tv.
This is the best picture I could get:

He's under the couch now. Poor little guy :(

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Stranger Danger Ranger posted:

Looks more like a toad to me

birds
Jun 28, 2008

pretty cute

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Get yerself a lil aquarium and make a cool frogpad, remember to feed the rad little dude.
Under couches is a really bad place for a frog to live.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Don't judge, you don't agree to live under a couch if you have your life put together.

littlebluellama
Jun 18, 2013

I am kind, brave and deserve love.
Looks like a tree frog. Are there trees nearby?

HeartNotes3
Jun 25, 2013
Are you close to a pet store? I kept a frog for a while. You can buy pinhead crickets for it if you want to keep it.

If not, I would release it somewhere shady and a cool place. Frogs can chill for a while without water. When I released mine, I put it near where the hose is because the ground is moist.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

No idea how it got in here, what should I do? There are no bodies of water around here where I could release it. I mean I could shoo it outside and forget it, but I dunno if there's a habitat for it anywhere nearby and I kind of feel responsible so...

Without a better picture or knowing where you live it's hard to identify a frog (or any species of anything) but I would guess it does not need a large body of water to live or how did it live long enough to become basically an adult and get into your apartment?

It reminds me of the tree frogs down south but I know very little about frogs, you should probably just put it outside somewhere near some plants and puddles or something. It kept itself alive long enough to become a frog outside, it will not continue to be good at that behavior in your apartment

If you want random guesses: Maybe an invasive Cuban treefrog or a Pinewood treefrog, put some ants or similar sized spiders near it and see what happens if you haven't already put it back in the wild where it probably should be. Don't give it big crickets, another goon posted once that he gave his frog a big cricket and the cricket actually managed to gently caress up one of his frog ankles and he later died of this injury

I'm just now reading the date of the op because this was a front page thread, the frog is probably dead in your apartment or fine outside by now but I'm gonna go ahead and leave this post for anyone else who finds adult seemingly healthy frogs inside their apartment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!
Treefrogs can get into all sorts of places and they occur surprisingly far north. I'm smack in the middle of Maryland and I've found live gray tree frogs inside the house here at least three times, and the range on these goes all the way up to Canada.

And yeah crickets can be real fuckers.

• Locked thread