Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Damnnnn he got Bad Bunny and Yasiin Bey for weekend 2!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
that might be the best sweepstakes they've ever done live, goddamn

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT
everyone just casually glossing over the fact that loving Beck was on stage for the third song

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

i am flummoxed that anyone actually cares about beck but to each their own

(good song tho)

ccubed
Jul 14, 2016

How's it hanging, brah?
weekend 2 gorillaz has been loving incredible

edit: also present day Beck looks disturbingly like Michael Cera

edit 2: del into de la soul now

ccubed fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Apr 22, 2023

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT
De La Soul are just the best

ccubed
Jul 14, 2016

How's it hanging, brah?
America you're beautiful but you've got to stop listening to all that right wing poo poo.

edit: CLINT EASTWOOD WITH DEL

ccubed fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Apr 22, 2023

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Great set

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

wonder if anyone else doing the two coachella sets mixed it up this much?

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/gorillaz/2023/empire-polo-club-indio-ca-7bb89e7c.html
https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/gorillaz/2023/empire-polo-club-indio-ca-bb8d5d2.html

chime_on
Jul 27, 2001
I couldn't find anything on a cursory search of google, and Discogs data doesn't seem to help.

Does anyone have a list of which Gorillaz songs have ONLY Damon vocals? No guests.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Dunno about the recent albums but basically the entire first album outside of Rock The House, Clint Eastwood, and Latin Simone?

Last Living Souls, Kids With Guns, O Green World, White Light, Don’t Get Lost In Heaven, Rhinestone eyes, (if you don’t include the sample on the chorus) Melancholy Hill, Broken, and Pirate Jet I think

Pretty sure The Fall only has one song with non Damon vocals as well

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Kids With Guns has Neneh Cherry as a guest but she's so far back in the mix that it might as well be a Damon solo song

El Manana is also a solo one

Do choirs or backup singers break the Damon only rule? If not then there's also EPWRID and Demon Days

Hedrigall fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Apr 24, 2023

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Dang I can’t believe I forgot el manana. gently caress me

I don’t count it if it’s just a background vocal but that’s just me

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Isn't Miho Hatori (Noodle) all over the first album too? Most obviously on "19-2000"

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches
Yeah she's on like half the album. Awesome record.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Gorillaz loving owns

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Gorillaz loving owns

:hmmyes:

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

https://twitter.com/damonalbarn/status/1659229039771410434?s=46&t=8qKeRz1MPwpnqaU9WYBJgg

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Never been super into Blur but I love that new song. Better than anything from gorillaz in a while IMO

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Christ, this man doesn't rest

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
As one of the rare Americans who bought a Blur album not on the strengths of Song 2 BEFORE Gorillaz s/t, I am HYPE.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Magic Whip was a super melancholy album (and very good don't get me wrong) but it felt like an extension of Gorillaz/Everyday Robots

I'm excited for something a little heavier that seems to have more of Coxon getting to do something

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I'm going to one of the Blur shows in July and I'm sort of hoping they don't just play loads of stuff from the new album.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.

Woooo this is gonna be a nice birthday present!