Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

Thanks for the LP! This is my favorite game of the Rune Factory series, and I am glad to see it fully LPed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Thank you for the wonderful LP! I've tried to play through this game several times and it always goes exactly the same: I start a new game, get a little farther through the plot than I did the time before, then get distracted by something else coming up & end up forgetting all about it. It was great to see the entire second half of the game that I never actually made it to.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Busy cleaning up the first few updates(what was I thinking when I was putting :s after each dialogue portrait?), and after that this is off to the LP archive. Thanks again for reading. :toot:

FluffySquirrel
Oct 26, 2010
Thanks for the LP!

It's a real shame that there's probably never going to be a RF 5.. but eh, maybe a miracle will happen and they'll crowdfund it at some point or something

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Thanks for sticking with the lp and getting all the way to the end!

Personally I'd say that the RF/HM formula peaked in Stardew Valley. It's a way better game in nearly every respect and lacks the annoying Japanese tropes.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
SV's pretty good too, but it has a few annoyances that aren't present in RF. Its fishing minigame is tedious and awful, and its combat honestly feels tacked on. Although I can forgive the latter a bit since it's a one-dev game.

On the other hand most of the characters feel like actual human beings instead of someone picking insanities out of a hat, and it's refreshing to have a farmgame in a realistic-ish modern setting. Plus the music's way better.

(And while I'm here, have some self-promotion of my next thread which has nothing to do with farming at all. :ohdear:)

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

sheep-dodger posted:

Thanks for sticking with the lp and getting all the way to the end!

Personally I'd say that the RF/HM formula peaked in Stardew Valley. It's a way better game in nearly every respect and lacks the annoying Japanese tropes.

I heartily disagree. RF is much more freeform with its crafting and has much better dungeons, combat, and enemy variety. I like a lot of Stardew's systems, but it feels so bare bones when contrasted with the RF series.

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Dirk the Average posted:

I heartily disagree. RF is much more freeform with its crafting and has much better dungeons, combat, and enemy variety. I like a lot of Stardew's systems, but it feels so bare bones when contrasted with the RF series.

I find RF's crafting systems to be super tedious, since you have to grind a ton and all it really does is "numbers go up more" with a few exceptions like the water walking shoes. SV's gear still upgrades but in fewer steps without spending hours hunting down ingredients to grind the skill up.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

sheep-dodger posted:

I find RF's crafting systems to be super tedious, since you have to grind a ton and all it really does is "numbers go up more" with a few exceptions like the water walking shoes. SV's gear still upgrades but in fewer steps without spending hours hunting down ingredients to grind the skill up.

Fair, though RF4 adds a lot more weapon customization with things like weapon range, drop rates, status ailments, etc. You get a lot of freedom under its crafting system compared to its predecessors. Don't get me wrong, SV is great, but it's a very different experience and its gameplay focus is away from exploring and conquering areas and more towards building up your home area (which is really cool and the biggest thing RF lacks, since you can't really customize RF's upgrades).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Aw, it's a shame nothing happens with the kids. Or even with your house, depending on your wife. ...though that's mostly because I can't believe Pia wouldn't try to make some kind of bath in or around the tree.

• Locked thread