Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lock stock and Cheryl
Dec 19, 2009

by zen death robot
You read it right. Your probably-not-right guesses, sounds-reasonable-enough assumptions, things your bigoted fox-news-watching dad told you, things you wondered about as a 10-year-old watching daytime talk shows in the 90s, things where you don't actually know, but your pastor is most likely wrong about.... Put em all on the table.

Trans people, please don't spoil the fun, there are plenty of threads for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Smith
Feb 26, 2015

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
People who may (or may not) have unconventional gender views of themselves, which is essentially their own business. But all too often, they want to make it my business and demand my political support.

I certainly have no intentions of throwing a rock or stick at people who are different. But neither do I intend to provide political support.

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Why would anyone in this day and age, anyone at all, gay straight,bi,mtf,ftm, any type kind or set possibly want to be a chick?

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

John Smith posted:

People who may (or may not) have unconventional gender views of themselves, which is essentially their own business. But all too often, they want to make it my business and demand my political support.

I certainly have no intentions of throwing a rock or stick at people who are different. But neither do I intend to provide political support.

Political support for human rights? They shouldn't need to ask, unless you are a terrible person.

NihilismNow
Aug 31, 2003
In a socialized healthcare system it is unethical that i am forced to pay for people's fetish operations.
I support your right to have yourself be mutilated in whatever way you want. If you want to split your dick in half or have a leg amputated that is your business. I just don't want to pay for it.

lock stock and Cheryl
Dec 19, 2009

by zen death robot
Off to a good start!

Slam Pajamas
May 21, 2007
ALL TEXT TITLE ALL-STARS
Can a FtM get a boner or does that depend on the quality of the surgery?

Has an FtM ever wore a fake beard to be more convincing?

Can they pee standing up?

wait am I doing this right, do we ask questions or answer them?

Hobologist
May 4, 2007

We'll have one entire section labelled "for degenerates"
I know a transwoman, and she seems much happier now, or at least she drinks less. When she was recently transitioned, I still accidentally referred to her as a he, when she was doing manly things like discussing technology or getting promoted.

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

NihilismNow posted:

In a socialized healthcare system it is unethical that i am forced to pay for people's fetish operations.
I support your right to have yourself be mutilated in whatever way you want. If you want to split your dick in half or have a leg amputated that is your business. I just don't want to pay for it.

You pay a lot more for people's ED pills and vasectomies than you ever will for transgender surgeries and treatment; I hope you take as strong of a stance on those fetish operations too.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Hobologist posted:

I know a transwoman, and she seems much happier now, or at least she drinks less. When she was recently transitioned, I still accidentally referred to her as a he, when she was doing manly things like discussing technology or getting promoted.

A few years back a read a really interesting journal article that talked about something like this. The study looked at FTM people in the workplace, specifically people that had continuity at the one job before and after the transition. As far as pay and promotions went, FTM were treated exactly like men, even when the other people at the workplace knew of the transition.

:toot: transphobia is over I guess

bedpan fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Mar 25, 2017

Namarrgon
Dec 23, 2008

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
I do not particularly identify as male. I don't care. I could wake up tomorrow as a woman and the primary annoyance would be the legal one and getting a new wardrobe. Gender identity is just not a thing for me.

But apparently, there is a vocal minority who do care. Enough to lead to very serious emotional distress. I do not understand this, but I am willing to take them on their word, so just give them what they want.

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich

Charles Get-Out posted:

You pay a lot more for people's ED pills and vasectomies than you ever will for transgender surgeries and treatment; I hope you take as strong of a stance on those fetish operations too.

I was fine with it until research started surfacing that post surgery the patients reported they were not as happy, full filled or satisfied as they expected to be. They didn't come out and say it, but the research basically stated "Was no point didn't help"

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

Slam Pajamas posted:

Can a FtM get a boner or does that depend on the quality of the surgery?

The dicks that they create for trans men are so nightmarishly pathetic and sad looking that few of them opt to ever get that surgery. It's an actual tragedy when they can create near-perfect boobs and vaginas but trans men are left with poo poo that looks horrible and is functionless without an internal pump system. You would think that under patriarchy the plastic surgery penises would be flawless above all else but this is very much not the case, and the issues behind this are as extremely sad as they are interesting (to me, anyway).

Seriously they look like a too-pale formless sausage stitched at random in the middle of pubes. They should have so much better :(

lock stock and Cheryl
Dec 19, 2009

by zen death robot
Keep em coming! I don't have a strong stance on correction or DnD in this thread, but my intent was more of a dumping ground for low-effort assumptions.

If you would like information on particular questions, there are other threads, but this one is for I-heard-onces, I-wonder-ifs, I-think-thats, why-would-yous, do-they-reallys, etc.

I'd post my own assumptions from before transition, but I can do that all day every day in the trans threads. I wanna know what gears grind when you think of trans stuff.

John Smith
Feb 26, 2015

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

doverhog posted:

Political support for human rights? They shouldn't need to ask, unless you are a terrible person.

See? Common trans/allies bullshit. *IF* I must pick a side, I rather support the far-right Nazis than the trans/allies. At least I will be left alone by the Nazis.

There is something deeply wrong with you people. There are millions of voters who are highly indifferent to the trans. If you leave things alone, such people will continue to leave you alone. Why provoke people into turning on you instead?

P.S. To clarify, I am referring more to the [either you are with us or against us] mentality, not so much the usual politics. Since the latter can allow for indifferent people to not care, and be left alone.

John Smith fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Mar 26, 2017

lock stock and Cheryl
Dec 19, 2009

by zen death robot
Ok, maybe take the dnd elsewhere, lazy assumptions only from now on.

Hobologist
May 4, 2007

We'll have one entire section labelled "for degenerates"
Transsexuals are worse than Nazis, you heard it here first.

BoneMonkey
Jul 25, 2008

I am happy for you.

John Smith posted:

See? Common trans/allies bullshit. *IF* I must pick a side, I rather support the far-right Nazis than the trans/allies. At least I will be left alone by the Nazis.

There is something deeply wrong with you people. There are millions of voters who are highly indifferent to the trans. If you leave things alone, such people will continue to leave you alone. Why provoke people into turning on you instead?

P.S. To clarify, I am referring more to the [either you are with us or against us] mentality, not so much the usual politics. Since the latter can allow for indifferent people to not care, and be left alone.

I think you are more bothered by trans people than you are letting on.

Also my mates dad went MtF when i was about 6 and i stayed around his house alot growing up. So trans is pretty normal to me.

She stayed married to her wife, I do wonder if that's the norm or if it breaks most couples up though?

John Smith
Feb 26, 2015

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Hobologist posted:

Transsexuals are worse than Nazis, you heard it here first.

Obviously not. But the Nazis are willing to leave me in peace and quiet. So, they have that going for them.

I can say with all honesty that a Nazi never came to me and *insisted* on my political support for their cause. That either I am with them or against them.

BoneMonkey posted:

I think you are more bothered by trans people than you are letting on.

Also my mates dad went MtF when i was about 6 and i stayed around his house alot growing up. So trans is pretty normal to me.

She stayed married to her wife, I do wonder if that's the norm or if it breaks most couples up though?

Possibly, I suppose. I think I am more irked by the arrogance of the Trans / allies though. It is perfectly fine to be who you are. Honestly, I am *very* weird myself.

But why the constant insistence on making it other people's business? You do your poo poo and I do mine. How about that? I think that is the trouble with the echo chamber that SA is. People here seem to think that voters are all either with them (liberals) or against them (conservatives). When millions of voters just don't give a crap about Trans, and find this incredibly annoying. Food and a nice paycheck comes wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy higher.

John Smith fucked around with this message at 11:18 on Mar 26, 2017

BoneMonkey
Jul 25, 2008

I am happy for you.

Trans people as far as i can tell just want to be left alone to do their thing? And maybe get called the right pronoun?

The problem is there is a bunch of people that dont leave them alone, that harass, bully and kill them. I don't think it's to much for them to say "hey stop that."

John Smith
Feb 26, 2015

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

BoneMonkey posted:

Trans people as far as i can tell just want to be left alone to do their thing? And maybe get called the right pronoun?

The problem is there is a bunch of people that dont leave them alone, that harass, bully and kill them. I don't think it's to much for them to say "hey stop that."

Not too much at all (sincerely). Just don't involve me. I wasn't the one who hassled you, so don't involve me. If I am in a good mood and want to help, then that is fine. But I am offended if you *demand* my political support.

[As for the pronoun thing, I am willing to consider it. So long as it is easy and not confusing. Otherwise, if it is inconvenient for me, then no.]

BoneMonkey
Jul 25, 2008

I am happy for you.

The only thing it takes for evil men to win, is for good men to do nothing.

Or women, or any other pronoun I'll call you what you want. :)

John Smith
Feb 26, 2015

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

BoneMonkey posted:

The only thing it takes for evil men to win, is for good men to do nothing.

Or women, or any other pronoun I'll call you what you want. :)

Yeah, that is kind of the thing. Imagine if a Jew came up to me, and was being all arrogant, *demanding* that I shelter him from the SS. That would piss me off a lot.

Now, if he came to me all humble and *requesting* help, then I would either help him or not (depending on the situation). It is not the politics that is the main issue for me, but the attitude of the person. Have you considered that perhaps I just don't feel like getting involved? Why is your business now suddenly my business?

[Note that in this scenario, I had absolutely nothing to do with the SS. Just a normal German citizen]

BoneMonkey
Jul 25, 2008

I am happy for you.

What demands are trans people putting on you?

Or demanding from you?

John Smith
Feb 26, 2015

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

BoneMonkey posted:

What demands are trans people putting on you?

Or demanding from you?

Er... are you denying that there are demanding Trans? That there are Trans activists?

I mean, if your position is that many/most Trans are respectful and not in your face, that we only notice those who misbehave, then sure. I am willing to respect that. But I hardly think it is a strawman position that Trans / allies activists are often demanding, right?

I don't get how you expect your line of reasoning to play out?

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

John Smith posted:

Yeah, that is kind of the thing. Imagine if a Jew came up to me, and was being all arrogant, *demanding* that I shelter him from the SS. That would piss me off a lot.

Now, if he came to me all humble and *requesting* help, then I would either help him or not (depending on the situation). It is not the politics that is the main issue for me, but the attitude of the person. Have you considered that perhaps I just don't feel like getting involved? Why is your business now suddenly my business?

[Note that in this scenario, I had absolutely nothing to do with the SS. Just a normal German citizen]

this thread is good

BoneMonkey
Jul 25, 2008

I am happy for you.

John Smith posted:

Er... are you denying that there are demanding Trans? That there are Trans activists?

I mean, if your position is that many/most Trans are respectful and not in your face, that we only notice those who misbehave, then sure. I am willing to respect that. But I hardly think it is a strawman position that Trans / allies activists are often demanding, right?

I don't get how you expect your line of reasoning to play out?

I think I am yes, I have never had any demands placed upon me by a trans activist. Unless you count the unwritten call me the correct pro noun and don't murder me. Both of which i think is just common courtesy.

So I think I do need you to spell out these demands to me.

FutureFriend posted:

this thread is good

Agreed.

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

I SUCK AND LOVE TO YELL PERFORMATIVE HOT TAKES AND NONSENSE LIES WHEN I GET WORKED UP. SOMETIMES AUTOBANNED IS BETTER. MAYBE ONE DAY WHEN I STORM OFF I'LL ACTUALLY STOP SHITTING UP THE SITE FOR REAL
Wow, a thread where cis people talk about trans people, completely gently caress off on it, and omit participation by trans people? That's never happened on an internet forum before.

BoneMonkey
Jul 25, 2008

I am happy for you.

Isn't this a thread on the lovely veiws cis people have about trans people?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lock stock and Cheryl
Dec 19, 2009

by zen death robot

BoneMonkey posted:

Isn't this a thread on the lovely veiws cis people have about trans people?

I was hoping it would be more goofy and lighthearted, but Lord, John Smith, you are such a terrible person I can't even. Gas if you're feeling it, mods

• Locked thread