Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
naem
May 29, 2011

I would have skipped Alaska and just had a whole bunch of sex with pre-lesbian Kristin Stewart in that trailer park

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

naem posted:

I would have skipped Alaska and just played WoW in that trailer park

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
McCandless was born rich but inside her always identified as dumpster diver. Im glad he got to explore his otherness before the poison berries got him.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

wuffles posted:

I went and watched this and it was fantastic. It also really provides perspective on how out of his depth McCandles was--dude had no real chance to live out there, best he could hope for was an extended visit followed by a return to civilization...and if that's the case then just use the goddamn resources you were blessed with from birth and make a life out of being a yuppie dirtbag. Donate the rest of your inheritance/trust fund to charity if you want.

I get it., Just reading this thread is giving me the itch to load up my dogs and go backpacking where I don't have to see or hear another person for a week+

But part of the enjoyment is also coming back to civilization when it's over and eating a greasy loving cheeseburger, taking a hot shower, and sleeping in a goddamn bed until it's time to go out there again.

Makes you appreciate poo poo.

I usually go away for a week and live in a tent in the Canadian Rockies each year. It's wonderful, but yeah, getting back to civilization makes you really appreciate it. Same with living off the grid in a 3rd world country, which I just did in January and February. When I got home I ordered delivery 3 days in a row because holy gently caress, I can get such amazing food sent right to my door! I might even do it again tomorrow!

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
You can't appreciate the sunny warm days, without the cloudy gray days.

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe

Rutibex posted:

after 27 years, he could have figured out how to fend for himself without stealing. this guy is a creepy weirdo that got a cheap thrill out of watching people and stealing their poo poo.

a shameful hermit! :colbert:

He did, but turns out being a hunter gather is a miserable existence and involves endless hours of toil just to stay on the right side of starvation. So he decided gently caress it I'ma break into some cabins.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

VendaGoat posted:

You can't appreciate the sunny warm days, without the cloudy gray days.

This is tattooed about 3 inches above the belt line on the back of some poor college coed.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

girth brooks part 2 posted:

He did, but turns out being a hunter gather is a miserable existence and involves endless hours of toil just to stay on the right side of starvation. So he decided gently caress it I'ma break into some cabins.

i don't believe him for a second that "he felt shame every time he did it", thats the sort of poo poo you say once you have been caught. the guy enjoyed it. but of course he cant say that or they will never let him go

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

Picnic Princess posted:

I usually go away for a week and live in a tent in the Canadian Rockies each year. It's wonderful, but yeah, getting back to civilization makes you really appreciate it. Same with living off the grid in a 3rd world country, which I just did in January and February. When I got home I ordered delivery 3 days in a row because holy gently caress, I can get such amazing food sent right to my door! I might even do it again tomorrow!

I'm always torn, because on the one hand, if more people would step away from our modern civilization for a bit, we as a society would have greater appreciation and respect for both the natural world and the one we've created for ourselves. But on the other hand, the more people that visit these areas the less wild they become and the landscape ends up just getting trashed most of the time.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

wuffles posted:

I'm always torn, because on the one hand, if more people would step away from our modern civilization for a bit, we as a society would have greater appreciation and respect for both the natural world and the one we've created for ourselves. But on the other hand, the more people that visit these areas the less wild they become and the landscape ends up just getting trashed most of the time.

Rule 1. Never talk about your favorite camping spots.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
I hope someone opens a Starbucks in that bus as a gently caress you to his ethereal spirit, which you just know is still hanging around there.

TheSpamalope
Dec 30, 2008

by sebmojo
Lipstick Apathy
Lmbo

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

Terrific Accident posted:

Society is stupid, man. Every person should live a solitary life in the woods, eating poisonous seeds until they are dead

Welcome to the Republican party.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DELETED
Nov 14, 2004
Disgruntled

The Walrus posted:

why are rabbits not fat? i have a rabbit and shes fat as hell

Rabbits have some fat but they also have a shitload of protein. Protein is great but it doesn't give you many calories and also the human body can only safely process a certain amount of protein. To eat enough rabbit to feel satisfied when you're already malnourished, you basically blast your body with protein it can't process, and trick your stomach into thinking you're full even though your body needs more calories to keep things running. Your liver will quit processing other stuff in your blood and then your blood slowly fills with poison until you die.

• Locked thread