Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
hobbit titties from the first LOTR movie (in the extended cut there is a orgy scene at the Green Dragon Inn but it was cut from theatrical release because they couldn't make the hobbit pubes look realistic enough)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ham_sanitizer
Jul 12, 2014

professional swine bather
health in halo. though i guess it came back in reach.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

super mario 64 was weird in a lot of ways compared to other mario titles:

- the different types of hats
- levels contained inside paintings
- the strangely wistful ending theme
- a normalized and vaguely malevolent surrealism

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

Tato posted:

Highlander series is the greatest example of all of this because the first film is perfectly constructed to leave no room for a sequel. There are immortals, there can be only one, all of them fight and at the end only one is left and he has the prize. It ties a beautiful little bow on the whole thing and is indicative of a time when people cared about making a satisfying film more than sequel/franchising potential.

Each unnecessary sequel has to completely re-write the first film in an insane attempt to justify its existence, after which the NEXT sequel also ignores that one.

Highlander II - ACTUALLY, the immortals are aliens sent from the planet Zeist and the winner of the prize can choose to go back to Zeist or live life as a mortal, so you see, there's more story to be told...

Highlander II Renegade Cut - ACTUALLY, the immortals are sent from the past on Earth because a group of watchers doesn't anyone to win the prize during their time. And more guys are coming from the past, so you see, there's more story to be told...

Highlander III - ACTUALLY, none of that ever happened. You THOUGHT Connor won the prize, but you see, there were some other immortals trapped in a cave so whatever he won wasn't ACTUALLY the prize and he needs to win it again, so you see, there's more story to be told...

Highlander The Series - ACTUALLY, it just so happens that TWO guys from the same Scottish clan were immortals and this one is going to win the prize, so you see, there's more story to be told...

Highlander Endgame - ACTUALLY, Connor didn't win the prize, a bunch of watcher dudes captured him and secluded him in a temple because they didn't want him to win the prize, but he needs to team up with his cousin to stop ANOTHER dude who isn't the Kurgan from winning the prize, so you see, there's more story to be told...

Highlander The Animated Series - ACTUALLY, it just so happens that THREE guys from the same Scottish clan were immortals...

gently caress OFF. None of that happened. Connor Macleod won the prize and that's it.

In 3 the cave immortal was a rapist wizard played by mario van peebles and highlander the animated series was a bad 70s french comic in cartoon form

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

:yikes:

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Tato posted:

Highlander series is the greatest example of all of this because the first film is perfectly constructed to leave no room for a sequel. There are immortals, there can be only one, all of them fight and at the end only one is left and he has the prize. It ties a beautiful little bow on the whole thing and is indicative of a time when people cared about making a satisfying film more than sequel/franchising potential.

Each unnecessary sequel has to completely re-write the first film in an insane attempt to justify its existence, after which the NEXT sequel also ignores that one.

I love the reason for Sean Connery returning,

The director signed back on to do a sequel, and wanted to bring him back. They're like well he's dead, so he's like well then I'm out, so they said gently caress it and brought him back.

Awful movie, jesus.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

In highlander 2 he was also a scientist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

God, I still get misty eyed in Highlander when Heather grows old and dies. Such a great movie.

Heather: Will you do something for me, Connor?
Connor: What, blossom?
Heather: In the years to come, will you light a candle and remember me on my birthday?
Connor: Aye, love. I will.
Heather: I wanted to have your children.
Connor: They would have been strong, and fine.
Heather: Don't see me, Connor... let me die in peace...where are we?
Connor: We're in the Highlands. Where else? Darting down the mountainside, the sun is shining. It's not cold. You've got your sheepskins on, and the boots I made for you. ...Goodnight, my bonny Heather.

• Locked thread