Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

are you sure op

https://youtu.be/nMQr1WUd2BE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dsf
Jul 1, 2004
jesus loving christ i cant wait to die.

Lobotomy Bob
Jun 13, 2003

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Like a gaping crevice or slowly sinking into liquefied ground?

Gaping crevice, for sure.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Heck yeah I'm sure. I mean ideally I'd have a cool vantage point to watch it all unfurl but if I can't get away it's a hell of a way to go. Ever seen the footage of the Indian Ocean tsunami where there's that lone guy that waded out after the ocean receded, noticed the wave come back and just stood there and got obliterated by it? I don't have a follow up to that I just think it was awesome.

Falukorv
Jun 23, 2013

A funny little mouse!

Funky See Funky Do posted:

I dunno, I think a large part of the problem with bugs is that they're small. Big things are easier to deal with. It'd be no problem at all to swat a fly the size of a crow for example.

Because of this, even with high oxygen levels we might not get giant insects again, because large insects will be selected against.

Remember when giant dragonflies were around there were no birds, insects at the time were the only ones who had mastered flight. If they existed today they would be a much bigger target, plus the extra energy requirements.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Falukorv posted:

Because of this, even with high oxygen levels we might not get giant insects again, because large insects will be selected against.

Remember when giant dragonflies were around there were no birds, insects at the time were the only ones who had mastered flight. If they existed today they would be a much bigger target, plus the extra energy requirements.

Well birds won't last forever, so there's still hope.

Here's some cool footage of Cyclone Debbie that hit northern Australia in the last few days. The storm was about the size of France.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6rBNVd6-GU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10k0ot5hJd4

TheSpamalope
Dec 30, 2008

by sebmojo
Lipstick Apathy
Lmbo

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

whoflungpoop posted:

k i was on board with cataclysmic nature until you brought up the bug things nah. nah

You live in Texas are you not already used to mosquitos the size of basketballs

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
I want to deep impact Tea Leoni as well, OP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i want Tea Impact to give me a Deep Leoni, OP

• Locked thread