Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cda

by Hand Knit
My first clue was how rocky everything looked

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manifisto

Russell Peck posted:

In the Cave there is no sunlight. Everyone has lost sight,
wearing sunglasses over their atrophied eyes.
Plants abound in the Cave, nourished by vapors and black light.
The musicians of the Cave never read music. How could they?
All music is by feel. No one is watching. No inhibitions.
Everyone moves to the music, ensembles in unison.

The Cave is located on a Sethian node
three miles below the earth's crust,
underneath a cornfield in Dekalb, Illinois.
The rock walls ring to one unchanging pulse,
upon which all the Cave dwellers
build their spontaneous symphonies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbUurCq0Qyk

ty nesamdoom!

Scaly Haylie

nah

Darkman Fanpage
too dark to see anything, op

mags

I am a congenital optimist.
I'm pretty sure I'm not in a cave but I don't understand while there is guano everywhere

FutonForensic

socrates posited that there would be no way of knowing if we were all trapped in a cave. plato claimed he could prove the existence of the cave by hotboxing it; if he got "totes hosed," the cave's presence would be known

Sing Along

by Athanatos

FutonForensic posted:

socrates posited that there would be no way of knowing if we were all trapped in a cave. plato claimed he could prove the existence of the cave by hotboxing it; if he got "totes hosed," the cave's presence would be known

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Piso Mojado

FutonForensic posted:

Barco Fiesta

a fantasy of olives

Twerkteam Pizza

Does it matter tho? I mean we have weed and laughs, do we really need to know?

- girl who definitely doesn't have a puppet behind her back

Piso Mojado

i always think im in a cave because i generally am. im a cave scientist, you see.

Twerkteam Pizza

Piso Mojado posted:

i always think im in a cave because i generally am. im a cave scientist, you see.

Please shut the gently caress up Aristotle

Piso Mojado

its not the shadows you should be worried about op. its the cave sharks

Piso Mojado

Cave Science 101: Caves are BIG holes in the ground. We, as in we in academia, as in the college I TA at, actually know very little about how caves came to be or what lives inside them. In fact most of us are afraid to go in them. This is because they are dark and full of sharks.

Dads Dip Cup

Bear A : "so get this, I've been asleep for like four months straight, right? springtime rolls around and what's the first thing I see when I wake up? a couple of schmucks just chillin' in my house doodling on the walls"

Bear B : "that's messed up"

alnilam

me, wearing a headlamp and squeezing thru a cave tunnel so tight i barely ffit thru it: "you ever thinkn maybe we're like, in a cave?"

Darkman Fanpage

alnilam posted:

me, wearing a headlamp and squeezing thru a cave tunnel so tight i barely ffit thru it: "you ever thinkn maybe we're like, in a cave?"

me, the skeleton of a man trapped long ago in the cave: "lol yeah"

Twerkteam Pizza

You, not smart: "Maybe we're in a cave just watching a puppet show"

Me, very smart: "oh yeah? Then where is the concessions stand, huh?"

vanisher

In negotiations there has to be give and take, and so far I have yet to see a single concession on the part of this cave wall

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
*me, being platon, making up some dumb bullshit "allegory" which absolutely not a single human being since has actually understood the point of*
"i are so smart!"

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
"look at me, im platon, and my face is really hosed up and flat! look at me inventing some mouthpiece called "sokrates" to give my flat-faced ramblings authority!"

alnilam

socrates existed he just vanished bc bill and ted took him to san dimas!!!

FutonForensic

socrates died because he hotboxed the cave with hemlock

cda

by Hand Knit
Plato's Allegory of the Man Cave

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

FutonForensic

i know that i know nothing, and i know that my mom is a huge bitch that won't stay out of my cave

Nosfereefer

cda posted:

alnilam

cda posted:

Dads Dip Cup

Me : "you ever think maybe we're in a cave"

Link : "sometimes yeah" *detonates bomb, zelda chime plays*

Piso Mojado

cda posted:

Nosfereefer

did the ancient greeks smoke weed tho? as an historian i certainly feel they totally should have

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrRhnaFaBsA

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

cda

by Hand Knit
My wife of 20 years is a shadow

cda

by Hand Knit
Everything you see in the man cave is false. To know reality you have to go upstairs and ask your wife whether you have any more beer

Fuck My Ass
ive got a cum stain on my sofa, freaki9ng gross

Thank you, very nice I like. For the insanely win sig.

Senior Management

I am the shadow on the wall. I have been severed from my physical form. I see my empty shell trapped in the cave. Maybe I smoked too much weed?

:jerry:

google THIS

Maybe the cave was inside us, all along.

lmbo calrissian

i'm into fashion
men are my passion

cda posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lmbo calrissian

i'm into fashion
men are my passion
I was definitely up in the man cave, "learning"

• Locked thread