Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

That’s a long way off but I at least appreciate them taking the time to deliver a quality product (I assume the same goes for the specials since they were originally supposed to be out last year if I remember right). Plus as you said this way there will be a decent sized backlog waiting for them when the anime returns.

I still hope we continue to get some exclusive content however since in Boruto’s case a lot of it was better than the manga in my opinion (Himawari especially got some decent development there)

Larryb fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Feb 19, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

*checks outside for flying pigs*

The franchise moves to seasonal anime. I never thought I'd see the day.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

The official chapter’s out now: https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1019999

Seems Mitsuki’s starting to come around a bit and this isn’t the first time Shikamaru’s figured out something was wrong with this whole scenario.

Also Boruto once again shows he’s more like his dad than he cares to admit (Kawaki is basically the Sasuke of this series after all) and Shikamaru and Ino now know that Naruto’s still alive.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i really like bort now that he's grown up.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Larryb posted:

Seems Mitsuki’s starting to come around a bit and this isn’t the first time Shikamaru’s figured out something was wrong with this whole scenario.

Also Boruto once again shows he’s more like his dad than he cares to admit (Kawaki is basically the Sasuke of this series after all) and Shikamaru and Ino now know that Naruto’s still alive.

But will they remember that part or will the jutsu overwrite or incorporate it somehow

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Darth TNT posted:

But will they remember that part or will the jutsu overwrite or incorporate it somehow

The read I got is that details of Omnipotence itself fade to keep the origin of the fake memories hidden so they remain "real"

"The concept of Omnipotence won't stick in your memory"
"So you'll need to believe without any proof"

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
For Example Sasuke, believed what Omnipotence changed as fact.

However he put his complete trust in Sarada that Boruto was someone worth protecting and was innocent.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Larryb posted:

I think Boruto takes more after his teacher. Boruto doesn't care about clearing his name or that he's hated and hunted, he's more concerned with protecting the village and his friends.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

McCloud posted:

I think Boruto takes more after his teacher. Boruto doesn't care about clearing his name or that he's hated and hunted, he's more concerned with protecting the village and his friends.

I was more referring to the fact he didn’t want to kill Kawaki despite everything. But yeah, fair point

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

It's like he has the best of both his mentor figures whoda thunk it, that might maybe come into play down the stretch (maybe who knows the writing has been actually p good so far but there is no guarantee it won't devolve into ninja arts spam)

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
sasunaru walked so borumitsi could fly

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Larryb posted:

I was more referring to the fact he didn’t want to kill Kawaki despite everything. But yeah, fair point

I think it's good he's not a carbon copy of either and more of his own more mature person that takes the best of both figures. Heck, even Kawaki's more mature than teen Sasuke and Naruto, who were respectively murderous emo edgelord and over-the-top powa of friendship stan. Though I suppose actually having parental figures helps a lot.

And yeah, I think it goes to show that the character writing has been quite good for while. The manga's been consistently far exceeding my very low expectations, so hopefully they keep it up.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
bort comes off as very sensible and competent despite loving up with code to such an amazing degree.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Still kind of curious how Konoha is ultimately going to end up in ruins by the time we reach the showdown from the prologue though (and how far off we are from catching up to that by this point)

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

The tree clone gang seem to be headed into Konoha, so that's likely gonna have something to do with it.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
there are multiple apocalyptic threats gunning for konoha. the town isn't prepared to handle any of them.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

Vinylshadow posted:

The anime may be delayed until 2027/8

Pierrot wants to put out higher-quality content, and is switching from weekly to seasonal releases

Going from a 4 month break to 4 years is insane :psyduck:

This chapter kind of sucked. The Boruto vs Mitsuki fight was boring and the talk no jutsu metaphors were extremely hamfisted.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Live-action Naruto's in the works

https://twitter.com/Abdul_S17/status/1761128986216648750

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Bit puzzled why they're making it a movie instead of a series. 2 and a half hours doesn't seem like a lot of time to flesh out the characters. I suppose they could really flesh it out and just cover the wave arc, or do a speedrun and wrap it up with the thirds funeral

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Yeah, a movie seems like a bad choice. An eight episode season Wave arc, with some of the Uchiha flashbacks pulled forward seemed like an easy move. Essentially expand the arc with a lot of the world and jutsu building that Kishi pulled out of his rear end hundreds of chapters in. i.e. Come out and say that Uzumaki refugees came to Konoha, and that Naruto’s parents died in the Kyuubi attack. Basically smooth out some of his background right from the get go. Can still leave Minato being the father a vague hint. Tazuna is old enough and the Land of Whirlpools was close to Wave, would be an easy fit to drop that lore early by having him bring it up.

This was my general hope:

Season 1: Zabuza + 1 episode finale to wrap up their growth and set up Exam season
Season 2: Chuunin Exam and war
Season 3: Tsunade + Sasuke leaving
Extend cast contracts or recast over timeskip
Season 4: Rescue Gaara + Meet spy
Season 5: Asuma + Orochimaru/Deidara/Itachi deaths
Season 6: Pain/Five Kages Summit
Season 7 and 8: War and conclusion. Though would probably cut it down to one single season. Would be nice for it to get two though to wrap up and not rush.

Teek fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Feb 24, 2024

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

With Toriyama's very unfortunate passing I thought it might be worth posting what Kishimoto's response was:

https://twitter.com/bweezybird/status/1765948254259409341

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/boruto-two-blue-vortex-chapter-8/chapter/41903?action=read

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Very cool chapter.

So the inherited whiskers are also Nine tails chakra? Cool!

Very cool chat between Mitsuki and Eida. I like how he is under the spell, but because he doesn’t understand love and defines it differently he’s not actually affected the same way. That could be interesting down the line.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Jura carrying the torch of oddly polite villain.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Good chapter, wonder if we'll finally get to see Himawari in action next time

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Chapter time:

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/boruto-two-blue-vortex-chapter-9/chapter/42311?action=read

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
New chapter is up. Kurama hid a part of himself in Himawari somehow and is a lil baby fox now. Also Bort just utterly dunks on Kawaki because he actually spent the entire timeskip training, unlike Kawaki.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
okay yeah these ten tails guys are fun, i love a smooth, polite villain. that was a fun lil fight for inoshikacho too, there's been a lotta attention paid to the extras since the timeskip and i really enjoy it

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Makse sense Kurama would eventually reconstitute himself

He's made of chakra, after all, which can be passed down through the generations

Wonder how much he remembers though

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Laughing at Sasuke tree doing nothing and the saying "hey they're getting away."

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
he wouldn't be sasuke if he was helpful

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Good stuff all around. Boruto owns Kawaki, Himawari seems like she might be Relevant and have an ability distinct from Boruto (though I'll be kind of shocked if much happens with this, since Boruto is arguably worse with female characters than original Naruto was).

What's the deal with Boruto's eye? I forget what eye poo poo he has going on. Looks like he was using it to help dodge?

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Ytlaya posted:

What's the deal with Boruto's eye? I forget what eye poo poo he has going on. Looks like he was using it to help dodge?

Jogan ("Pure Eye")

Able to perceive and track chakra and see through dimensional barriers, which I guess lets him see Kawaki's Sukunahikona (shrinking objects down and enlarging them later) and Daikokuten (storing said onjects in another dimension for later use)

can also be used despite the damage to his eye, unlike the destruction of a sharingan, byakugan or rinnegan

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Vinylshadow posted:

Jogan ("Pure Eye")

Able to perceive and track chakra and see through dimensional barriers, which I guess lets him see Kawaki's Sukunahikona (shrinking objects down and enlarging them later) and Daikokuten (storing said onjects in another dimension for later use)

can also be used despite the damage to his eye, unlike the destruction of a sharingan, byakugan or rinnegan

I forget, is that the same eye he had during the first arc of the anime (which is at least semi canon) that let him see the people Nue’s chakra possessed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Larryb posted:

I forget, is that the same eye he had during the first arc of the anime (which is at least semi canon) that let him see the people Nue’s chakra possessed?

Correct