Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
Its what you expected. its bad cause lots of exposition cause general audiences are morons. parts of it look pretty good (esp scarjo's parts) but its in service of a big ol' boring mess so its bad. everythgin is bad other than Scarlett Johansson.

People are bitching about stealing scenes from the original or something but they look pretty good for the parts they steal. the problem is they only steal the climaxes to those scenes so its a mess. they do this because they need more time for exposition so it makes it double bad. If they had done a 100% shot for shot remake of the original it would probably be great.

but no they shoehorned in some dumbass Hollywood garbo-plot that sucks rear end and topped it all off with the worst most boringist bad guy in this era of bad boring bad guys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
Can`t say I`m surprised that it's another Aeon Flux

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

So I'm confused OP. Do you think the movie is bad? Or?

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Improbable Lobster posted:

Can`t say I`m surprised that it's another Aeon Flux

Did the movie have that really bizarre fully extended tongue wrestling make out scene?

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=By72eQtjglM

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

Movie was pretty good. It had all the parts we like about Ghost in the Shell without being anime.

Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

I did this and could have stopped it, but nothing in nature ever follows a gaussian curve. Sure, they'll tell you that it does. They say that every five minutes someone dies in a car accident, but how often are there seven hundred and sixty one armless and legless corpses in one hangar?

schreibs posted:

Movie was pretty good. It had all the parts we like about Ghost in the Shell without being anime.

but that's wrong

they changed the plot from a story about life, AI, humanity, poo poo like that, to a story about a japanese woman who dies and has her brain put in a white woman. the last shot is scarjo crying in front of her grave with her mom.

Sdoots fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Apr 5, 2017

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's not exactly bad but it's not a ghost in the shell movie at all. It's kind of like that total recall remake where it has some names and a few basic concepts but otherwise it's totally different

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Like the original ghost in the shell was about how the line between AIs and people is so blurred and is there even a difference? How can youbell?

Where as this one is more like 'uhh it's bad for corporations to kidnap protesters and brainwash them into cyborg killers'

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
Ok movie overall. It's been like 15 years since I saw the original so half the time was I was trying to figure out if I'm misremembering stuff or if they were changed.
Scarlett Johansson remembering the basics of CQC was my favorite shot.

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james
watched it last night. first time you've been right, Shaggar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Anyway I rewatched the original movie and part of stand alone complex and just realized they managed to steal every iconic scene from both of those but not have any of cool story that made those scenes good. What gives

• Locked thread