Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Verily, the whip is ghost riding.

Happy Hippo posted:

Fun fact: that character is the same character that Matthew McConaughey plays in the Dark Tower.

They don't even look the same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

They are not the same, however, Ed Harris character is the same Sheriff that appears in Dark Half, which I remember was a stinker

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken
I wonder if Sony will buy the adaptation rights to subsequent Stephen King novels and shorts to create a cinematic universe, like a Stephen Universe or something.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
A lot of his books are similar or even explicitly related so... that's disgustingly possible

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sony just bought funimation so maybe they could do anime adaptation of Stephen king novels

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken
Oh dang. :(

Up to 21% now, but even the positive reviews are damning with faint praise. Plus Richard Roeper's review seems to be misclassified as "positive." The little snippet reads "A great actor giving a terrible performance as the lead villain is but one of the many, many, MANY unfortunate elements in The Dark Tower." That doesn't look too promising.

edogawa rando fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Aug 3, 2017

general anime
Jan 8, 2013

by Lowtax

They've been wrong before https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/bucky_larson_born_to_be_a_star/ , https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/paul_blart_mall_cop_2 , https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/avatar

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Avatar was on tv 2 nights ago and looking at it now it's indistinguishable from a call of duty cutscenes (post-future tech COD era, when aliens became major players)

Expired Vitamin
Jul 3, 2017

Shawshank really skews the curve for me here, but i also have more of a soft spot for The Stand than I should. M-O-O-N...that spells 90s star power.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
The Dark Tower The Movie is okay but not great

Artsygrrl
Apr 24, 2007

I'm just here.

Grimey Drawer
My brother had the large Creepshow comic that came out around the time the movie did, and it was a fun read (since it was basically the movie). I still dig that silly movie.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

IT was really loving good. I guess they will make the sequel with the adults later?

general anime
Jan 8, 2013

by Lowtax
Going to see It tonight. Hope that sex scene delivers

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS
I liked the movie, although the orgy scene could have been a little more tasteful.

general anime
Jan 8, 2013

by Lowtax
the movie owns so loving hard there was only like one lame rear end part, but i can get over it

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Someone make a Pennywise doing the hell dance gif

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS
I seriously thought it was great

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN
Nu-Pennywise was nowhere near as lame as the publicity stills made him look. He's obviously not as good as Tim Curry, but nobody could've been.
Everything else is an improvement.

Pneub fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Sep 10, 2017

Strontosaurus
Sep 11, 2001

Plutonis posted:

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Really liked IT. There was one scene that I think they chopped off a few minutes and you were like "uh.. what is going on, why are you here, that was a weird cut"

Some dude ripped the loudest wettest fart ever in a quiet scene trying to be funny. You could hear the poo poo. Serves him right.

BTW, the original IT came out 27 years ago.

Philthy fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Sep 11, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Plutonis posted:

• Locked thread