Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Sorry for the really specific question, but my wife and I are going to Jamaica for about 10 days soon, and was wondering if anyone had suggestions on prepaid sim/services there. Is there any significant difference between Flow/Lime and Digicel?

We've got unlocked iPhones (5S and 7) so they take nano SIMs. Probable use will be approximately 100 local minutes, maybe 50-80 minutes of calls to the US, and would like 2-3GB of data.

We could just use our Verizon accounts, but that would cost $10/day/phone and that seems way too expensive for the amount we use them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Just for info, people there tell me there's not much difference, Flow apparently overall tends to have slightly better data rates while Digicel has slightly better call quality. They offer different but similar packages that could change your cost depending on your usage, but for a week or two the difference is probably a couple of bucks out of about $15-20 US per phone. SIM cards cost about $4 US.

They both offer 1.5 and 3GB data buckets which also include about 30 hours of "free" music cellular streaming services (Deezer on Flow, d'Music on Digicel). My Digicel connection showed 3G, but data speeds where we were were about 20/2.

• Locked thread