Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

Araganzar posted:

are you 100% on this because my Book of Awesome History disagrees

The book of Real History is boring and is different in every country. It might even be different in the same country, if the people have different beliefs.

Ryuji's Pirate Kidd only exists in the cool, awesome history book.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tom bob-ombadil
Jan 1, 2012

Araganzar posted:

are you 100% on this because my Book of Awesome History disagrees

I've read this book. My favorite part is when he uses Zio on the prosecutor.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
pssst hey kids, wanna talk about weird, depressing teacher-student relationships and how lovely high school kids can be?

Episode 8: The Rumor Mill // (NC Version)

Our audio is slightly hosed and I'm not sure why, its the same setup we did 6/7/8 in. Sorry!

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

The song that plays in that scene is called Sunset Bridge (possible YouTube spoiler warning), and yeah, it is super reminiscent of Catherine tracks.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

ajkalan posted:

The song that plays in that scene is called Sunset Bridge (possible YouTube spoiler warning), and yeah, it is super reminiscent of Catherine tracks.

ahh i knew i was forgetting something, thanks, added as a key track

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
High school students say some insanely hosed up poo poo, sometimes right out of earshot of the people they're talking about. I've heard the same "Don't mack on X's bitch" turn of phrase with regards to a friend that used to skip gym classes. Turns out it was just a legitimate medical excuse but people still circulated bullshit rumors because all they could think about was loving at that age. Same with the student that stayed after classes but was being legitimately tutored.

My favorite local joint has a "Free if you finish it", 40$ burger that's 30cm in length and 1.5kg of beef. I think that's 3.5 pounds? Anyway I've never dared to try it but it's actually called the big bang burger too. I had a good laugh when I saw the in-game restaurant show up.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I like how Ryuji sounds more amazed at the fact that a cat might have a phone than that it can talk.

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

dragon_pamcake posted:

I've read this book. My favorite part is when he uses Zio on the prosecutor.

I loved it when they got caught trying to sneak into port because he was wearing a name tag that said "Hi my name is WE ARE SECRETLY PIRATES"

vdate
Oct 25, 2010
Also, your audio seems a little desynced here - you talk about the ad for Cosmic Burger about half a second before it shows up in the video.

Also, I love that the reveal during the animated scene is messed up enough that our typically stonefaced (in the real world, anyway) protagonist is visibly uncomfortable during it.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

vdate posted:

Also, your audio seems a little desynced here - you talk about the ad for Cosmic Burger about half a second before it shows up in the video.

i didn't notice this but yeah, it is, woops

finest quality here folks, my bad

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
hey yall, sorry for the lack of updates but its dead

to explain, i started doing LPs because i liked what other people were doing here, on youtube, etc, and thought i'd try my hand at it. i like the video creation/editing process, and i loved hanging out with my friends, but i just couldn't keep a consistent schedule. i'd have days where i could churn out videos and i'd have stretches of time where i couldn't be bothered to open up p pro and work. also i'm extremely unfunny, in general

part of it is my workload for my real job is kind of rough, part of it is my desire to spend time with my family, and part of it is sometimes i just want to play games and not have to worry about editing

this is extremely unfair to you, the audience, because you are constantly wondering if another video is gonna come out or not. so rather than string you along with "maybe i'll update this week or not" wishy-washy bullshit i'm just gonna shutter it entirely.

arist's LP is good and on schedule, and if you liked what i'm doing you will probably like this: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3817009&pagenumber=1

apologies to yall, but thanks for sticking around anyways

eternaldough
Jan 16, 2017

It's a shame but understandable. For what it's worth, it was pretty fun while it lasted, hearing you and Baal churn about the game

vdate
Oct 25, 2010
Aw. It was nice to have an LP where people actually discussed the stuff that was happening as it was happening in addition to Arist's straight presentation of the thing. Maybe you weren't funny (I thought you were fine?), but actual discussion of things what are happening in game is valuable too, especially in a game that looks to be making specific points and cultivating a thematic approach as carefully as P5 looks to be doing those things. (And, if some posters in both threads are to be believed, if the game doesn't stick the landing, having people dissect that in real time is more valuable still.) For what it's worth I was really enjoying the videos thus far, but I do understand having to call it due to, say, your wife/child/job demanding your time more.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Raf is leaving me for his wife and child and job and I feel very betrayed and hurt. How can I ever trust anyone ever again? Who will sit through 14 minutes of not advancing a text message from Ryuji with me, this is a tragedy beyond compare.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
yeah it eats me too tbh because i still really wanna do the thing, but i know for a fact that even if i made time to crank out videos we'd be back where we are in a few weeks

thanks for watchin' though, it was fun. maybe in the future i'll have more free time / a better schedule to do this kind of thing properly.

Captain Baal posted:

Raf is leaving me for his wife and child and job and I feel very betrayed and hurt. How can I ever trust anyone ever again? Who will sit through 14 minutes of not advancing a text message from Ryuji with me, this is a tragedy beyond compare.

dammit

we're outta time

how'd it go

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
Thanks for everything, Raf, and I hope all goes well with having people who love you and a paying job.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

hey, that's fair, job and family take priority and if you aren't feeling it, there's no point in spending all this time on a leisure activity
no worries

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoneRampant
Aug 19, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
It was fun while it lasted.

Goodbye.

• Locked thread