Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Khorne
May 1, 2002

Be the coolest shithead in the late '80s/early '90s by driving a Ford Bronco and having a Car Phone. It's a cell phone that can't leave your car and costs a fortune.

I remember being 4 or 5 years old and these being a thing. I'm not sure I ever saw anyone actually use one even though I can remember multiple vehicles with them.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 09:24 on Apr 11, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

Khorne posted:

Be the coolest shithead in the late '80s/early '90s by driving a Ford Bronco and having a Car Phone. It's a cell phone that can't leave your car and costs a fortune.

I remember being 4 or 5 years old and these being a thing. I'm not sure I ever saw anyone actually use one even though I can remember multiple vehicles with them.

That is a fancy Bronco. Leather seats? Buttons in the console? I am doubtful.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

I.C. posted:

That is a fancy Bronco. Leather seats? Buttons in the console? I am doubtful.
It's not a Bronco at all. I couldn't find any interior shots of a ford bronco with a car phone so just settled for that picture. Even the belt clips are very not Bronco.

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
ford bronco is a really badas car imo

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

Khorne posted:

It's not a Bronco at all. I couldn't find any interior shots of a ford bronco with a car phone so just settled for that picture. Even the belt clips are very not Bronco.

Try a Dodge Caravan!

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax
NSFW, but totally belongs in this thread

https://gfycat.com/IndelibleUncommonHummingbird

DamnCanadian
Jan 3, 2005

Perpetuating the stereotype since 1978.

Gaz2k21 posted:

Okay.....

This is the Nokia 3210...

This was an absolute beast of a phone, not only did it has a more pleasing design that's the 3310 and generally better feeling build quality but it's replaceable clip on covers on the back and front allowed for incredible customisation!!
You could get licensed covers in various colours for silly prices or just pop down your local boot fair/market/£1 shop and pick up a gaudy Union Jack cover for next to nothing, my preference was to cover the covers in BMX Stickers because I was just that kind of cool kid.
The 3210 was one of the first phones to ditch the aerial and boasted programmable custom ringtones as well as operator logo's which could be bought from sketchy premium phone numbers at the back of men's magazines.
The absolute best thing though was the game SNAKE yes the original snake, I like many others chose to use the "radiator" technique to maximise high scores and impress my friends.

In summary the 3210 is the greatest phone to have ever existed and is unlikely to be surpassed.

The 3210 was my first phone. In terms of beast, though, the Motorola i730 was unbreakable. My wife ran over it with our car; it only got a small dent. I dropped it in a pool; not only did it still work after I dried it out, the front LCD display that had stopped working prior, started working again.

DamnCanadian fucked around with this message at 12:57 on Apr 11, 2017

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
Mmmm rear endthetics, gotta love em

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

aren't they making the 3310 again. they were talking about it early this year

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all

Who had a Sanyo 8100? This was an awesome little phone. I remember being able to connect to AIM and check my email on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug

Khorne posted:

It's a BMW E32 or E34.

In Norway, Nokia 1611 was the phone to have, since you got it for cheap with your plan. We ran over one with a car, and it kept on working just fine.

Being the cool dude I was at 17 though, I got an Ericsson GA628. I stuck with Ericsson throughout my phone history, and got a GH688, S868, R320s, T68i, K700i, K810i, and finally a Sony Ericsson Xperia ARC before I just started using junked smartphones from work.

• Locked thread