Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

I'm lookin at steve jobs 2015 on imdb and the reviews for it are glowing. 7.2 stars, with 1000s of people saying it's awesome (but also a susbstantial amount saying it's dreck). it was nominated for an oscar, and rotten tomatoes and metacritic think it's a good movie

but it's completely inaccurate and about a guy who killed himself trying to cure curable cancer with a vegetarian diet

quote:

It now appears that Jobs’ special diet was conducted in part at Greens, a popular vegetarian restaurant in San Francisco, and he was often accompanied by Dr. Dean Ornish, the bestselling author of “Eat more, Weigh Less” and a clinical professor of medicine at University of California, San Francisco.

According to two staff who worked at Greens, and who asked to remain anonymous, Jobs regularly met Dr. Ornish at Greens about four years ago. Both staffers said they got the impression Jobs was trying to treat his cancer with meals eaten at Greens.

“Steve Jobs was always in there with his doctor,” said one.”He was treating his cancer.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Honestly all the talk I heard around it was middling at best :shrug: This is the one with Michael Fassbender as Stevie J, right?

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

C-Euro posted:

Honestly all the talk I heard around it was middling at best :shrug: This is the one with Michael Fassbender as Stevie J, right?

yeah

http://variety.com/2015/film/box-office/steve-jobs-flops-1201626243/ you see in that piece the writer trying to work out why steve jobs 2015 bombed, and everyone in the comments is yelling at him that it sucks

but then you go to metacritic and it's pages and pages of love http://www.metacritic.com/movie/steve-jobs

Condiv has issued a correction as of 05:31 on Apr 11, 2017

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
I thought the Kutcher one was the better Jobs movie but they were both pretty poo poo tbh

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer
the fake one where justin long plays jobs is the best steve jobs movie

The_Politics_Man
Aug 25, 2015
I never saw either movie. did they show him kill himself with fruit juice because it cures cancer?

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
watch Halt and Catch Fire instead

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Which movie best captures the way Jobs shat on everyone around him, including his family, and took credit for the work of smarter people?

GastonEatTheEggs
Nov 7, 2012

Don't be lazy, read the Isaacson book

Fansy
Feb 26, 2013

I GAVE LOWTAX COOKIE MONEY TO CHANGE YOUR STUPID AVATAR GO FUCK YOURSELF DUDE
Grimey Drawer
Why read a book or watch a movie, this captures it all

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Pirates of Silicon Valley is good op

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.
They both ended prematurely. Should have gone right up to his death but no gotta stop at the stupid ipod

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

Lastgirl posted:

watch Halt and Catch Fire instead

absolutely! this had me on the edge of my seat; it is a must watch!

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I imagine it would get automatic high reviews from all the people who are huge fans of Steve Jobs, which might skew the average.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

because the kind of people who write movie reviews are the kind of people to worship at the altar and the kind of people who go to movies couldn't give less of a poo poo about the dead turtleneck guy who shouted at people to innovate more

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

did they include the bits where jobs conspired with other big tech companies to depress programmer wages for like a decade that part's important

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

didn't this movie destroy Ashton Kutcher's career

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

Not a Step posted:

Which movie best captures the way Jobs shat on everyone around him, including his family, and took credit for the work of smarter people?

That's pretty much exactly what the Fassbender one is, one of the many reasons that it is Very Good

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

That's pretty much exactly what the Fassbender one is, one of the many reasons that it is Very Good

the heck is this one? this sounds up my alley

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

it also doesn't even talk about him being sick

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I haven't seen any jobs movie but he's the bad guy right? Is that what ops angry about?

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich
It's cool the crappy Ashton Kutcher cash-in that was totally inaccurate made more money than the prestige Aaron Sorkin script with Michael Fassbender that was also pretty inaccurate

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

Gringostar posted:

it also doesn't even talk about him being sick

I understand where you're coming from, but I don't think biographers necissarily have an obligation to show their subjects dying of cancer, even if that subject is known for trying alternative medicine in a desperate attempt to save his life

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

I understand where you're coming from, but I don't think biographers necissarily have an obligation to show their subjects dying of cancer, even if that subject is known for trying alternative medicine in a desperate attempt to save his life

lol jobs cancer was insanely treatable

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Steve Jobs Died Screaming

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

i mean they just showed him being a huge loving rear end in a top hat that was never deserving of sympathy... which showing him being sick would have done

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Weeping Wound posted:

didn't this movie destroy Ashton Kutcher's career

give the guy credit, hes capable of doing that himself~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Lastgirl posted: