Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
I played this game for about 10 minutes and I was like "this is really reminding me of Starship Troopers" and then the big marine guy said "cmon you apes, you wanna live forever" and I had to shut the game off and watch Starship Troopers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

I played this game for about 10 minutes and I was like "this is really reminding me of Starship Troopers" and then the big marine guy said "cmon you apes, you wanna live forever" and I had to shut the game off and watch Starship Troopers

i watched it last night as well

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

back around 2003 i was one of the founding members of long running natural selection clan SST (starship troopers) :banjo:

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
my dad took me to see the movie when I was three and it gave me nightmares but now I I love the movie

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

what kind of controllers do imps use for these games? i feel like KB/Mouse is going to be weird, but all I have are dualshock 3s :shobon:

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
I have an Xbox one controller for PC and it's pretty nice

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
The bumper buttons on the Xbox one controller are weirdly positioned and kind of hard to hit at least to my smallish spindly nerd hands tho

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
get an xbox one controller, imho. i use it over microusb and it never gives me any bullshit like the ds4 did

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

dromal phrenia posted:

what kind of controllers do imps use for these games? i feel like KB/Mouse is going to be weird, but all I have are dualshock 3s :shobon:

I'd use KBM for Vanquish at least...

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah Vanquish is perfect on KBM

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005
I use a controller.. can't stand seeing Sam awkwardly snap into different directions when running around using wasd keys

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005

In Training posted:

Shoot some tungsten up this tunnel's rear end!

This colony wont be walkin straight for a while :hellyeah:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

As a heads up, the PC version is currently bugged, its another one of those games where the framerate is tied to calculations and if you play above 30fps the damage you receive scales linearly. 60fps is 2x, unlocked is massive etc. I was wondering why one hit from a bullet was putting me in the death state, it seemed pretty unrelenting for Normal. Ill hold off on finishing this until they fix it, because its rad as hell but I spend a majority of my time hiding behind cover waiting for my bar to recharge.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I guess I could also just get better at the game.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

They have a beta patch for the damage issue, so while it's probably worth waiting until it gets QC checked it's good that it's in the works.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
In a few weeks you'll be wishing you never patched

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005
I think I like it better this way... I've been forced into emergency bullet time more often than I want but I usually use it to find and take out the guy who's a shot away from killing me
:discourse:

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

the bug seems to work on enemies too lol, I got to the boss fight with Burns and had him at 1HP by halfway through the hovercar chase. When we got into the final big confrontation room that's really loving hard normally, I shot him once and he immediately died

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Nameless Soldier #38: The enemy has turned the facility ahead into a veritable lake of fire. One false move could blow us all to kingdom come.
Sam: Anyway to avoid said Kingdom Come?
NS38: Praying, sir!
Gruff Badass Main Guy: Thank God Im an Atheist. Stay frosty boys and MOVE OUT

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lmfao at the American Flag stained with the blood of Fake Hillary Clinton's self inflicted gunshot wound being the final image of this game. They should make a sequel

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

In Training posted:

They should make a sequel

They should

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

an actual dog posted:

They have a beta patch for the damage issue, so while it's probably worth waiting until it gets QC checked it's good that it's in the works.

It gotpushed live like half hour after I finished the game, so now Ill try a run on a harder difficulty

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I've finished P5 I'm going to jump right into Vanquish. What difficulties are available at the start?

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
30fps, 60fps, and unlocked

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

frank.club posted:

lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

frank.club posted:

lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

frank.club posted:

Lmao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

Now that I've finished P5 I'm going to jump right into Vanquish. What difficulties are available at the start?

Easy Normal and Hard. God Hard unlocks after you finish the game but it takes like 3.5 hours for a full playthrough if you don't know what you're doing.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

Easy Normal and Hard. God Hard unlocks after you finish the game but it takes like 3.5 hours for a full playthrough if you don't know what you're doing.

frank.club posted:

60fps Hard it is.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

They fixed that today, at least.

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005

frank.club posted:

Good one lol

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

This is easily the best/funniest Platinum Games story.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I like revengeance more but it's pretty great

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

This game would have come true had Hillary been elected.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Revengeance did the send-up of serious military gruff men better imo. All the characters in Vanquish are boring

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Revengeance did the send-up of serious military gruff men better imo. All the characters in Vanquish are boring

youre boring

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005
Vanquish has that 90's action hero vibe to it and I love it. Revengeance was hilarious as poo poo though. THE MEMES END HERE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

finally getting around to playing MGR

man it's good

• Locked thread