Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Yakuza Kiwami finally received a price tag (29.99 for the steelbook!!!!) and a relase date (8/29). A total remake of the first Yakuza game for the PS2, Yakuza Kiwami is the story of Kazama Kiryu, a yakuza sent to jail to atone for a crime he didn't commit that returns to Kamuro-cho, Tokyo to find the world turned upside down. The game is a total remake that includes all the content density you'd expect from a modern Yakuza game instead of the relatively feature-light world of the original.

IMO the Yakuza games are some of the best open world gaming there is, they're set in a relatively small world with an insane amount of minigames, collectables, and quests jammed into a tiny area that's a blast to explore and the fighting feels just excellent. Yakuza 0 is a strong contender for my goty 2017 and i'm sure that this will be too.

This summer...the dragon rises.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

2017 has been one of the best years for gaming I've ever experienced. Thank you President Trump

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

It will be the best year for gaming ever because there won't be any humans left next year.

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

$30 for one of the most amazing gaming experiences?!?! :eyepop:

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
too many game but this one makes the list because who knows how many they'll print. . .

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've played yakuza 1 on PS2 and it's a really cool story so I'm sure the remake will be baller

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

It's really on 30 bucks? There goes another 80 hours of gaming time.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
This is a must buy

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Unless they changed a lot for the remake yakuza 1 is a way shorter game than 0

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Pablo Gigante posted:

2017 has been one of the best years for gaming I've ever experienced. Thank you President Trump

They said the arts would flourish, I didn't expect it to happen so quickly

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Gaming in the Trump years

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

I just remembered yakuza 6 is coming this year too. Holy poo poo

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pablo Gigante posted:

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Pablo Gigante posted:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Gigante posted:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

Unless they changed a lot for the remake yakuza 1 is a way shorter game than 0

its a total remake. new scenes, new sidequests, all th fighting styles from 0, probably all th yakuza minigames. even if its shorter than 0 30 bucks is a freakin steal

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

also lmao

- A new “Majima System” will allow Kiryu to grow by fighting Majima Goro anywhere and everywhere. Majima will sometimes appear dressed as a police officer, or even as a host girl.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Fungah! posted:

also lmao

- A new “Majima System” will allow Kiryu to grow by fighting Majima Goro anywhere and everywhere. Majima will sometimes appear dressed as a police officer, or even as a host girl.

jesus christ

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

the 'Mangina System'

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

Fungah! posted:

also lmao

fffffffffffffff

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

this sounds fuckin awesome. yakuza 0 was my first yakuza game and its simply incredible

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Pablo Gigante posted:

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

We can't credit Trump... 2015 was the start of a new Golden Age of gaming and we're still living in it.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Plebian Parasite posted:

the 'Mangina System'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rm81LSKJC2k

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
I've been playing through Yakuza 1 because I don't have a PS4 & i'm jealous, it's great.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Pablo Gigante posted:

Now we need Korn, System of a Down, Slipknot and Linkin Park to release new CDs to start a Golden Age.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
System of a down is I think lol

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Plutonis posted:

Now we need Korn, System of a Down, Slipknot and Linkin Park to release new CDs to start a Golden Age.

good news

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

frank.club posted:

System of a down is I think lol

:worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship:

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Serenity_of_Suffering

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_More_Light

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUzfsproxAM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
I'm not complaining, but at the same time it's like 2017 video games are standing over me with the Win Stick and every time I try to get to my feet it lays the win down directly in the small of my back. Like, give me a chance to breathe, I'm drowning in gaming and I don't want to be saved!

• Locked thread