Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Admiral_eX_laX

Historically Inaccurate
*takes long drag off cigarette and flicks it away*

heh. you see kids. i've been at this a while now...

*slowly turns the crank on a weathered jack-in-the-box*

you don't turn this crank

*continues to turn crank*

no. this crank turns you.

*jack pops out of jack in the box*

:stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral_eX_laX

Historically Inaccurate
*polishing guitar frets after a gig*

*in walks a drunken half naked groupie*

Groupie: it's time for SEX

Me: no, i'm polishing my frets

Groupie: SEX

Me: frets...sex...fretsex. Good song name...yes...

*scribbles "Fretsex" hastily on a napkin*

Groupie: C'MON SEX

Me: please keep it down i am trying to concentrate

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
From a second hand store appears our protagonist, a look of determination etched onto his face, and a used six string guitar held reverently in his hands. He gazes upon it in wonder and for a moment you think, but no- was it a trick of the light? Perhaps it was, yet maybe not- maybe you did in fact see stars in his eyes. He was remembering, just last night, in fact- where the venue was playing. No matter how hard he tried he was unable to gain entrance (it was a sold-out show...). Despondent, he pressed his ear to the wall of the theater, and he heard, no; he felt a roar- it was the crowd! Then, he heard it- one, lone guitar. He could picture it, like he was really there! He was understandably metaphorically blown away. Now, he would become that which destiny decreed he would be. He would set out and seek to wrest control of the very primal forces of sound, and noise, and music!. He would be an unstoppable force, and none shall oppose him- he would become- A JUKEBOX HERO

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

SHY NUDIST GRRL

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

I only listen to the true genre of music, touhou remixes

Kthulhu5000

by R. Guyovich
if your appreciation of music doesn't involve muting "Judge Judy" and grooving out to the background music in afternoon TV commercials, well, you all still just crawling, kids.

the truest creative expression is the absolute lack of it.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Macnult

"Isn't that kinda redundant?" my friend asks me while showing him a few lo-fi bands from my FLAC library

Yobgoblin

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
:nws:click here for a parody with bad language in it:nws:

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
sits down and begins to write the lyrics to the greatest song ever- "You're OK, But About That Horse You Rode In On..."

Twenty Four

Splatmaster posted:

From a second hand store appears our protagonist, a look of determination etched onto his face, and a used six string guitar held reverently in his hands. He gazes upon it in wonder and for a moment you think, but no- was it a trick of the light? Perhaps it was, yet maybe not- maybe you did in fact see stars in his eyes. He was remembering, just last night, in fact- where the venue was playing. No matter how hard he tried he was unable to gain entrance (it was a sold-out show...). Despondent, he pressed his ear to the wall of the theater, and he heard, no; he felt a roar- it was the crowd! Then, he heard it- one, lone guitar. He could picture it, like he was really there! He was understandably metaphorically blown away. Now, he would become that which destiny decreed he would be. He would set out and seek to wrest control of the very primal forces of sound, and noise, and music!. He would be an unstoppable force, and none shall oppose him- he would become- A JUKEBOX HERO

Admiral_eX_laX posted:

*takes long drag off cigarette and flicks it away*

heh. you see kids. i've been at this a while now...

*slowly turns the crank on a weathered jack-in-the-box*

you don't turn this crank

*continues to turn crank*

no. this crank turns you.

*jack pops out of jack in the box*

:stare:

Jack in the box hero

Pro cranker

When it pops, the crowd don't stop

FutonForensic

I wrote this next piece while I was in mourning for my ten dead sons *reaches into jacket and takes out kazoo and pocket theremin*

Sham bam bamina!

ƨtupid cat
dramatic, sustained stratocaster chord fades into silence. the crowd erupts in applause

"christ, what kind of moron claps after the first movement?! what is wrong with you idiots!!"

the lights go up as the audience is ejected from the venue. what a tragic waste, pearls before swine.

Manifisto

I own the stradivarius of triangles

it is composed of silver mixed with alloys derived from meteorites once worshiped as gods

like a tamahagane blade, it was forged by folding a dozen times then quenched by plunging it into the belly of a fat slave

its tone is so pure that it makes unicorns eye virgins with mild distaste

and I got such a deal for it on eBay, you can't even imagine

ty nesamdoom!

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Each draw of the bow across the violin's tenorous tendons resonate the corresponding heart strings within my breast; the mournful wail of each note vibrates my inner core. Slowly, the song builds. Drums accompany the violins, horned instruments blare out their voices, and still the violin cries out in anguish! The song rises to an inevitable climactic end, ejaculating my soul into the very heart of the cosmos. Self is lost, my very being is consumed and I become one with the universe. And then the phone rings...

byob historian

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!
i draw silly pictures with my music

Fredflonston

"Silly?"
leans closer and adjusts glasses
"Well, now, that there is a good piece of art!"

Ball Cupper

~beautiful in my own way~
Hey folks, check out my music. It's whale noises 🐋 very deep (sea)

Historical Wizards

Ball Cupper posted:

Hey folks, check out my music. It's whale noises 🐋 very deep (sea)

It's a good album, I dig it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-7QrQ0cbpg

tao of lmao

*at a concert, frantically waving my arms in a downward motion*
EVERYONE PIPE DOWN I'M TRYING TO HEAR THIS

Ultra Spoot

I take my music very seriously. Please meet my wife, Linda *gestures toward an acoustic guitar*

Now if you'll excuse us, we were just heading home. Good day. *walks into house sized acoustic guitar*

Sham bam bamina!

ƨtupid cat
thought for sure this one was on its way to the goldmine. come on let's get some more posts in here!!

Impkins Patootie

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

and here i thought there was only one way to make a hobbie out of synthesia

Impkins Patootie

im not really serious about music but i do like it a lot :q:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDRsOrBGLxk

They Might Be

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

nice magnetoscope

deep dish peat moss

I've been laboring over the Phonograph all day to record the sounds of this music box onto wax, for better sound quality.

byob historian

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

They Might Be posted:

nice magnetoscope

im hopin to get a magnetoscope this summer and get it plugged into my vidmixer for . . . reasons i guess

like idky i art but it is for reasons i sppose

i try to enjoy it at least

and to learn things

idk what though

SniperWoreConverse

Blindfolded, in the dark. I disassemble and reassemble over and over again. Vague smell almost like cordite. Clean. Oil. Hours of practice to make this perfect. Each piece known perfectly by touch and memory. Finally I rack it and take a look. This machine is my life. This machine kills fascists. Sony TC-K717ES Compact Cassette deck.

A slice of moonlight through the basement window lights my face, and not one mote of dust is suspended in the beam. I hit play.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdaM5Mv-TTo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally A Person

Smugworth Wuz Here
I take my music very seriously. Seriously.

https://giant.gfycat.com/SizzlingThickIbis.mp4
THIS SHOWSTOPPING SIGGY MADE BY MASTER SIGSMITH vanisher

• Locked thread