Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the championship
This poll is closed.
Rockets 0 0%
Nuggets 2 11.11%
Brooklyn 10 55.56%
Houston 6 33.33%
Total: 18 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
LOOK I AM A TURTLE
May 22, 2003

"I'm actually a tortoise."
Grimey Drawer
I only just now realized that my shockingly accurate picks will amount to nothing because I never actually added them to that website in the OP. Feels bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artic Puma
Jun 22, 2007

Chef Curry with the pot, boy!
If the Jazz win tomorrow I will have managed to get every series winner right without getting the number of games right in any of them.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

if the Jazz win today I got all the winners right but only about half correct on the number of games, still pretty good for a filthy casul

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
If my Clippers in 7 pick happens now, that's the "end of the shot clock bank-in 3" of playoff predictions. No way I wouldn't have taken the Jazz if I knew Blake was gonna miss more than one game.

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

Blind Pineapple posted:

If my Clippers in 7 pick happens now, that's the "end of the shot clock bank-in 3" of playoff predictions. No way I wouldn't have taken the Jazz if I knew Blake was gonna miss more than one game.

Same. I went for Clippers in 7 because I thought that neither team could get the away W.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Can't believe I forgot to do this. Poopy. Darnit. Heck

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Turns out I'm bad at this.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Let's give our picks for the second round, independent of the website, just to make it less NCAA tournament

(Jazz cliippers pending)

Golden State vs TBD - Golden State in 5
Golden State will beat the Jazz or the Clippers

Houston vs San Antonio - Houston in 7
I don't like to pick against San Antonio, but I don't think they can beat Houston when Houston makes shots
Boston - Washington - Washington in 6
Washington, Boston is better statistically but I have visions of John Wall walking past any of their defensive guards and lots of open threes. Boston could easily win based on their depth and Ian Mahinmi being out. I just don't believe in the Celtics
Cleveland vs Toronto - Cleveland in 6
Cleveland will always win

Only registered members can see post attachments!

DMCrimson
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
I will forever remember when Blind Pineapple, one other person, and I were tied for first.

Raptors didn't get upset in the first round and now comes the long downward slide.

Femur
Jan 10, 2004
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP
I through I filled out a bracket from a link in the news thread but thats not the same group as this?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Wizards-Celtics. Wizards in 6
Houston-SAS. SAS in 6
Raptors-Cavs. Cavs in 5
GSW-Utah. GSW in 5 if Utah.

edited: Houston-SAS from 5 to 6 and took out potential Clippers/GSW pick

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 06:11 on May 1, 2017

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

Celtics in 7
Cavs in 5
Warriors in 6
Rockets in 6

I'm not feeling confidant about my Rockets pick anymore.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
Wizards in 6
Cleveland in 6
Warriors in 6
Rockets in 7

I'm a John Wall believer.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Celtics in 6, Cavs in 4, Jazz in 7, Spurs in 6

Changed my mind, go Jazz

Chairchucker fucked around with this message at 09:24 on May 1, 2017

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Celtics in 5, Wizards finished the season playing the .500 ball they were always meant to. The teams both have good if completely different offenses, but the Wizards are bad on D while the Celtics are merely mediocre. IT can't be guarded by anyone DC has, but he can't guard Beal or Wall either - but since Wall is an indifferent shooter, it matters less. Otto Porter has gone from Over Powered to Only a Pumpkin and Markieff is no great shakes without Twin Powers, so the Celts have two clear positional advantages, plus their bench is decent while the Wizards is putrid (sorry Brandon).

Cavs in 6 - Serge makes the Raptors better, Norm being a year older makes the Raptors better. And yet, not so much better that they can compete with a team that shellacked them to the tune of almost a -100 point differential in six games last year. Same result, but fewer blowouts. I bet they're within 50 this year.

Warriors in 6 - Gobert and Favors are going to be a major issue for the Warriors going inside, and McGee and Pachulia will not be able to do anything against them in the PnR. But they just aren't going to be able to keep up with Durant, Curry, AND Thompson on the perimeter. It's just too hard to do. I'd love to be wrong but the Jazz are a piece away from being able to wreck the GS plan, and that piece is a guy who can guard Durant. OTOH if he decides to play Thunder style and Brown lets the Jazz set the pace, this could get interesting.

Spurs in 7 - Again, as much as I like Kawhi and Dedmon and Manu, I wanna say different. The Rockets are weird misfits and D'Antoni is a maligned revolutionary, I want that style to prevail. But Harden is going to struggle to get calls against Kawhi, and everyone else is going to face a totally different level of pressure to push them off the 3pt line than against the Thunder. The Rockets will HAVE to hit those long threes every game to win, and they wont.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

GSW v Spurs: GSW in 5
Cavs vs Celtics/Wizards: Cavs in 5

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Wow, got pretty close. Is this blind pineapples to lose then?

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Yay, I am mathematically eliminated from finishing last despite predicting a Clippers title. I did the East really good.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

If everyone else is wrong, i can win with 285 points (there's no way tho)

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
It's 80 points for the finals pick and 40 for getting the # of games right so basically a ton of people are still in it.

If you pick one series wrong you should get fewer points for subsequent series :colbert:

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Turns out you can't will your team into winning just by saying they'll beat the Cavs in a bracket. I will remember this.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

If the Warriors win in 6 I will be champ and then everyone will know I am top dog in this yard once and for all.

(although I really hope I'm wrong and the Cavs sweep)

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

I'm beginning to think the Spurs might not beat the Celtics in the finals.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Chairchucker posted:

I'm beginning to think the Spurs might not beat the Celtics in the finals.

God bless you

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
Alright I'm ready with my first round predictions

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
yeah it turns out the Spurs did not make the Finals

wow what a loss of points. I like points

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Congrats DMCrimson!

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound
A respectable 4th place. I shall accept it

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

RASHIBA WALLACE posted:

A respectable 4th place. I shall accept it

Same but from the opposite direction.

DMCrimson
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
:toot:

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

poo poo was rigged. If not for the refs I would've won. no one respects the Canadian market.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
6th place
not bad for getting half of the first round wrong

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
I didn't get a single pick wrong :c00l:

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Tied for second. This clearly increases the value of my basketball opinions/posts.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Exactly in the middle, just the way I like to be, cool, cool customer, middle of the road, easy drive, easy life, no bumps on my road in the middle of the road.

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
ill lose a thousand brackets before i put the Goldan State Warriors in the victor's brack

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Zaza and the Warriors murdered basketball and then my bracket
It's basically homicide

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Fantastic entry name, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
Totally forgot about this. The Wizards and James Harden ruined my bracket. Both were touched by Scott Brooks. Coincidence?

• Locked thread