Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alder
Sep 24, 2013

http://kbo-anime.com/
http://www.crunchyroll.com/kenka-bancho-otome-girl-beats-boys-

CR posted:

Kenka Banchou Otome - Girl Beats Boys, Hinako Nakayama has spent all of her life being raised in state-run orphanages, without ever knowing her family. As she's about to enter high school, Hinako is approached by Hikaru, a boy who claims to be her twin brother.

According to Hikaru, Hikaru and Hinako are the children of the head of the powerful Onigashima yakuza family, and Hikaru wants Hinako to switches places with him at Shishiku Academy, an all-boys school overrun with the nation's toughest delinquents. Can Hinako save her brother, find romance, and become the new boss of the school?

Characters:

Hinako Nakayama as her twin brother Hikaru Onigashima. Future top Bancho of the HS.
CV: Hibiku Yamamura

Totomaru Minowa as The Sidekick.
CV: KENN

Takayuki, Konparu as Supremely Stoic Punk
CV: Shouta Aoi

PV
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsFI7yOJvRY

Also, it's only 7 minutes long for each episode but I feel like it won't change the content much since it's based off a Vita spin-off game based off a PSP game.

Alder fucked around with this message at 12:31 on Apr 27, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Technically they already changed things from the manga it's adapting. They skipped the first chapter which explained the premise of the series and pushed it in in the form of vague flashback exposition, because ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Strange Quark posted:

Technically they already changed things from the manga it's adapting. They skipped the first chapter which explained the premise of the series and pushed it in in the form of vague flashback exposition, because ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I don't mind since the manga so far feels very bland and I'd rather have a faster intro.

Also, this anime reminds me of Utena which is always fun.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
poo poo, in what world did they translate beyond the first two chapters.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
This is 100% made specifically to appeal to me. It's actually kind of scary how much I love this premise.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
For a sec I thought this thread was titled Kongou Banchou and I got unreasonably excited :mad:

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Xinder posted:

This is 100% made specifically to appeal to me. It's actually kind of scary how much I love this premise.

A+ avatar and I hope it lives up to my expectations for yet another otome anime adaption.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Sun Wu Kampf posted:

For a sec I thought this thread was titled Kongou Banchou and I got unreasonably excited :mad:
Is the 7 Deadly Sins popular enough to warrant an additional season(s) once the manga gets close to the endgame? Hell, if Zaregoto was able to get adapted after 11 years, who am I to neg on the closest to peak non-Araki JoJo we've gotten since forever?

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Kongou Bancho was so loving better than 7 Deadly Sins and it was one of my top Shonen Manga and that it had no anime is a loving travesty

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

We meet our 1st Henchmen Friend

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Plutonis posted:

Kongou Bancho was so loving better than 7 Deadly Sins and it was one of my top Shonen Manga and that it had no anime is a loving travesty

True, but 7 Deadly Sins is still a high tier shounen IMO.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
Another good episode. Odds are good that someone (Totomaru? Hikaru's third-year older brother? One of Konparu's friends?) forged letters of challenge to both Hinako and Konparu.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Silver2195 posted:

Another good episode. Odds are good that someone (Totomaru? Hikaru's third-year older brother? One of Konparu's friends?) forged letters of challenge to both Hinako and Konparu.

I'm going to assume someone kidnapped his siblings because this is the only reason I can think Konparu will fight anyone.

Also, proving that shonen feature 100% silly fights over dumb things are one of this show's highlights.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
Anyone else still watching this? I'm still mostly enjoying it, but I wasn't a big fan of the idol punk. Hinako was way too quick to forgive him after he sexually harassed her like that.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Silver2195 posted:

Anyone else still watching this? I'm still mostly enjoying it, but I wasn't a big fan of the idol punk. Hinako was way too quick to forgive him after he sexually harassed her like that.

I'm still following it but the hyped died down since there are fewer comedy moments in the recent episodes.

I'm not a huge fan of idols but the hilariously bad animation is always amusing during the field scene. Also, MC punching him is the most realistic reaction ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I saw the title and thought I was in LP for a second :smith:

• Locked thread