Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
Happy Brexit, everyone!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
lmao was that a fake big ben chime played on a speaker at the brexit rally? or did they just abruptly cut off the mic?

this feels like watching the fall of the Berlin wall in reverse

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
now that brexit has happened and britain has isolated itself from the world like "28 days later," i couldn't be happier... i'll never have to hear one of those terrible british accents ever again

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

twoday
May 4, 2005

after midnight they just played the national anthem once and then said good night and sent everyone home

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Cerv posted:

thank gently caress that’s finally over. we’re free to nationalise the trains now or something like that?

Are they not already better? I was under the impression the effects of Brexit would be immediate.

Catpain Slack
Apr 1, 2014

BAAAAAAH
Great, now I'll have to pay more for my cadbury cream eggs and *checks notes* racist tourists?

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

The new Golden Age Of Prosperity has begun! We are all millionaires, employment is 100% and there is no racism. Hurrah! Let's all go fox-hunting on the morrow.

upsidedown
Dec 30, 2008
We’ve always been part of Oceania.

twoday
May 4, 2005

f

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
according to the bbc anti-brexit sentiment is now entirely located in Scotland. England and Wales are united and the last remainers are in the tower of London.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Happy brexit, one and all. From an empire where the sun never sets to a lonely country where the sun never shines. Truly the British have reached the pinnacle of their evolution.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

upsidedown posted:

We’ve always been part of Oceania.

I thought we've always been at war with Oceania?

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

the UK sucks, I grew up there and bounced in 2011 when I realized. hosed up it took all this for everyone else to come to the same conclusion

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Jose posted:

nobody in the DnD thread went iwth my idea of getting fat instead and enjoying themselves because it'll naturally go away after brexit

The owl did.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
posted entirely unironically by someone i know

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Congratulations all British on your special day!!

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
The last time this country hosed up this badly I spent 7 years married in Japan, By some bizarre coincidence my present s.o. is German, I'm looking at options, up to dual nationality.

PsychedelicWarlord
Sep 8, 2016

Jose posted:

posted entirely unironically by someone i know

congrats on your new prosperity jose

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
At least the EU now have a year to think up of laws to inconvenience the UK, just to annoy them.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
47 years. Anyone less than 47 has never experienced a Britain away from the EU. They will soon enough I guess.

Catpain Slack
Apr 1, 2014

BAAAAAAH
I know it's tired but gently caress it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnHmskwqCCQ

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Cerv posted:

thank gently caress that’s finally over. we’re free to nationalise the trains now or something like that?

Nah, you are free to pay more for trains as they are mostly made somewhere in the EU.
Now its the time to privatize everything, get those Eton and Oxford chums in to give tenders so that you and your fellow Bullington patrons can get some cushy board member gigs.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

happyhippy posted:

At least the EU now have a year to think up of laws to inconvenience the UK, just to annoy them.

uh, the EU has had more than a couple of years to develop ways to say "enjoy your shite sandwich", they just have a "year of lube" from now until they snap into effect. I really hope it will affect the people who decided it was a good idea to keep our tax loopholes.... mmmMMMmmmm.

twoday
May 4, 2005

twoday
May 4, 2005

staberind posted:

The last time this country hosed up this badly I spent 7 years married in Japan, By some bizarre coincidence my present s.o. is German, I'm looking at options, up to dual nationality.

I think if you move to germany in the next 11 months and get settled you can arrange some kind of permanent residency

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Pollyanna posted:

omg is befit finally bag groundhog

finally, at long last

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

staberind posted:

I don't think Germany allows dual nationality, from what I've heard.

Apparently here in Spain they don't either, but some people I know just said "Oh...yeah, I lost my UK passport" and ended up keeping it.

18 months away from applying for permanent residency and my boss has offered me an indefinite contract if that'll help keep me here :peanut:

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Pollyanna posted:

omg is befit finally bag groundhog

mods thread title tia

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

BORIS

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

mods?

Mr Havafap
Mar 27, 2005

The wurst kind of sausage

twoday posted:

'Twas the night before Brexit, and all through Westminster
not a lord was awake, even Armstrong of Ilminster.
But in Wetherspoons gathered a boisterous throng,
hoping to hear that Big Ben would bong

Nigel Farage slept sound, didn't rustle,
knowing he never would return to Brussels.
but knowing the EU was destined to fail,
I had just settled down a for a warm pint of ale

When out in the street there arose such a clatter,
I stumbled outside to see what was the matter.
And there just before the pub's grimy exit
I beheld a wonder: red, white, and blue Brexit!

The effects took time, not a matter of days,
but months upon years, and with endless delays
and the sum consequences truly insane
almost too many for one person to name

There was private insurance for the disease stricken,
pensioners crying, and chlorine-soaked chicken!
Tariffs, inflation, and Scots looking violent,
a lack of farm labour, a united Ireland!

A Commonwealth unwelcoming of Britain
Its repute now that of a poo poo stain
Who could have known that a vote of Brexit
Is not what strengthens a country but breaks it!

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

time for a new uk thread. someone post one and link it here. you do not need an effort op. you have 12 minutes to do so, during which this thread will continue to operate under eu rules. if you need longer, you may request an extension

twoday
May 4, 2005

lol, I just noticed the led light border around the sign, pro move

twoday
May 4, 2005

Squizzle posted:

time for a new uk thread. someone post one and link it here. you do not need an effort op. you have 12 minutes to do so, during which this thread will continue to operate under eu rules. if you need longer, you may request an extension

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3912971

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

Captain Splendid posted:

I don't think Germany allows dual nationality, from what I've heard.

Apparently here in Spain they don't either, but some people I know just said "Oh...yeah, I lost my UK passport" and ended up keeping it.

18 months away from applying for permanent residency and my boss has offered me an indefinite contract if that'll help keep me here :peanut:

Ah, my maman is French, so... dual UK/French is supposed to be relatively painless to get, but glad you are fairly sorted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twoday
May 4, 2005

many EU countries allow permanent residency, which is often effectively the same as dual nationality (without voting rights)