Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
Original Thread (Requires Archives)

The Game
Castle Crashers is a side scrolling beat-um up. Made by Tom Fulp of Newgrounds “fame”. This being a Newgrounds product, expect a lot of questionable humor and memes from years ago. While it can be played single player, it is more fun to bring 3 more bumbling fools friends along to not only be a bonding experience but also unlock a little more to the game.

The LP
This is a casual 4-player run of the game. I do not intend to 100% the game but we will probably backtrack for things we know we missed. just finish the drat game already

Meet the Knights

mateo360 the Leader
Will be trying to keep everyone going in the right direction. Most likely to die a lot.

dscruffy1 The Fighter
Will be throwing everything he's got at the enemy. You're not his dad, you can't tell him what to do. Most likely to be confused.

Miz Kriss the Girl
Will be excited by her Rainbow spell and the cute creatures she summons. Most likely to be off sync.

shibbotech the Medic Greedy Disillusioned Dick with a Flourish Fat Bastard Many Named
Will be trying to take everything and is not sorry for it. Most likely to swear and piss off Scruffy.

Episodes

mateo360 fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Apr 28, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

have a new episode after almost a year

Digital Jello
Nov 2, 2012

Now I have a machine gun. Ho! Ho! Ho!
I'm glad to see this LP returned. I had a lot of fun playing through it and am having just as much fun watching you four show off that flawless teamwork doing the same.

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It's only an avatar if the Cubs get swept.
I think less flawless teamwork and more "stumbling into doing everything right."

racerabbit
Sep 8, 2011

"HI, I WANT TO HUG PINS NUTS."
:frolf:
Yay, my favorite trainwreck LP is back!

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
and we're done. Almost a year for two episodes.

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It's only an avatar if the Cubs get swept.
We're finally free! :toot:

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
You all did a great show. Thanks for playing!

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
This game is actually the worst and I'm glad it's over.

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

dscruffy1 posted:

This game is actually the worst and I'm glad it's over.

I think someone needs a new avatar!

haunted bear tale
May 14, 2013
Thanks for finishing this. From the outside it looked like a fun game for the first few episodes. Then it just went on and on and nothing really changed up the gameplay.

Well done for making it through!

shibbotech
Aug 21, 2014

I'm Doctor Shibbo, and this is Jackass.
Nap Ghost
Agreeing that this game was pretty awful and dragged on too long without any substantial variation.

Also I'm not sure if Mateo or Scruffy actually like me anymore.

Also also Kriss give me back my slowcooker you bitch (love you girl)

Been a fun ride, thanks to everyone who stuck around for this shitshow!

Digital Jello
Nov 2, 2012

Now I have a machine gun. Ho! Ho! Ho!
Now that I think on it, I'm not really sure I ever completed Castle Crashers, probably because as much as I love beat 'em ups, it really does get monotonous. Gratz on the LP, it's certainly deserving of the archive.

racerabbit
Sep 8, 2011

"HI, I WANT TO HUG PINS NUTS."
:frolf:
I ground through this by myself last year. It's enjoyable at first, but then all the joy gets sucked out of it by damage sponge enemies. The Corn God was really where that hit home.

Congratulations on powering through it? I guess? Don't torture yourselves like this again, even if it is for our great amusement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
You know, part of me wants to stream a run of me going through and collecting the things I missed. Then I laugh at myself.

• Locked thread