Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

Genocyber posted:

This is like the one good post made about Hbomberman in the last two pages.

Can we talk about something else now.

e: Bleugh, I'm watching a livestream Conta is doing now with a lefty Youtuber who has criticized her, and she (Contra) is defending Singal again, with a weird "he's a philosopher" defense.

if 'he reminds me of philosophers from my old job who have been trained not to consider human emotions or political realities and so often end up saying a lot of stupid hurtful poo poo' is a defense of a guy, i can't wait to see an attack

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

YEah, I thought Contra's stream was pretty good.

I would say there might be another level to Contra and Singal's relationship that takes into account what other people on Twitter who worked with him int he past have said that I might be able to comment on. But thats a effort post and I don't care that much right now

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord

Ytlaya posted:

I will admit that the parts where hbomberguy does the fake laughing for an extended period of time are pretty awkward, but there aren't really that many options for humor-focused leftist Youtubes mocking alt-right Youtubes. shaun's stuff is definitely the best if you're looking for the best actual arguments and information, and Contra is pretty good for a social issues-specific take with a mix of humor/entertainment.

hbomb is definitely getting better, the soyboy video was genius.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Hbomb speaks to my sense of humor so I am bi-assed.

Fututor Magnus
Feb 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

apropos to nothing posted:

In fyad this is all we talk about. The rise of hbomberguy we consider to be one of our biggest mistakes and te primary reason why all the funny posters left. We've been working on a plan to bring him down soon though which should set everything to right, so stay tuned

the funny posters had left long before, so don't worry about that. unfortunately FYAD is too lovely to carry out any real goon project either. i doubt most FYAD posters really care about this, anyway. whatever, neither do i.

Fututor Magnus
Feb 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Aramis posted:

I found the video decent if a little shallow considering how pervassive the subject is, however...

202K subscribers and 2-10K views per video, what the hell is going on here?

that's the guy who made up his girlfriend, and wife, more than once. made a sex doll be his wife. now he has a lovely channel where he tries to make content for the same audience of people like hbomberguy and fails miserably at it, and has to purchase subscribers.

this guy is deserving of nobody's time.

it shaun
Jun 6, 2017
I spent years in fyad back in the day & am now afraid to click on it because either it will have gotten a lot worse & i'll be sad or it'll be exactly the same & i'll be sad

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

one guy's signature is goatse.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Fututor Magnus posted:

that's the guy who made up his girlfriend, and wife, more than once. made a sex doll be his wife. now he has a lovely channel where he tries to make content for the same audience of people like hbomberguy and fails miserably at it, and has to purchase subscribers.

His wife is in his recent videos and seems alive. I’ve never heard of him before, but the recent videos I’ve seen have all been good and thoughtful.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

business hammocks posted:

His wife is in his recent videos and seems alive. I’ve never heard of him before, but the recent videos I’ve seen have all been good and thoughtful.

here's his version of the story:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4R3BEl90vs&t=149s

edited: added the right timestamp

AriadneThread fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Dec 7, 2017

fallenturtle
Feb 28, 2003
paintedblue.net

AriadneThread posted:

here's his version of the story:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4R3BEl90vs&t=149s

edited: added the right timestamp

That's really hosed up that internet conspiracy theories can make it hard for him to get a job.

Hoedown Throwdown
Mar 30, 2004
Ich esse Scheiße
Some channel is trending with a kissing contest video and this intrepid Minecraft YouTuber is NOT happy

1000 likes

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Fututor Magnus posted:

Whoa, hold your horses there, buddy. Peter Coffin is good people. Plus he has that friend of his on his show sometimes with the huge knockers.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

go on...

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

Mr Interweb posted:

Whoa, hold your horses there, buddy. Peter Coffin is good people. Plus he has that friend of his on his show sometimes with the huge knockers.

That friend is his wife, iirc. The very same wife Fututor Magnus says is a sex doll, despite her moving and talking and things.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

to be fair i'd think she was fake too since she's monstrously out of his league.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9x87IEreupE

Goon Danton posted:

That friend is his wife, iirc. The very same wife Fututor Magnus says is a sex doll, despite her moving and talking and things.

Oh poo poo, is she? Makes sense, I guess. Figured it was either his gf or a friend.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Groovelord Neato posted:

to be fair i'd think she was fake too since she's monstrously out of his league.

Same thing with that couple from the Screen Team. Like holy poo poo, talk about winning the lottery.

Mr Interweb fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Dec 7, 2017

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

Groovelord Neato posted:

Yeah it's insane. It's like sitcom levels of mismatch.

fallenturtle
Feb 28, 2003
paintedblue.net

Goon Danton posted:

It makes more sense when you see her Pauly Shore impression.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Hoedown Throwdown posted:

Some channel is trending with a kissing contest video and this intrepid Minecraft YouTuber is NOT happy

They're not wrong to be fair, they're leaning a little too much on the ~gaming~ side of it I guess, but this sounds like another "Bigger channel gets to skirt the rules" deal when much less gets other channels demonetized. His follow-up things are goofy though.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Goon Danton posted:

I'm not really seeing the mismatch (at least based on the video Mr Interweb linked). They're both of relatively similar build and neither has a face that is exceptionally good or bad looking (conventionally, anyways).

Regarding the Contra stuff, I feel like she might not be cut out for dealing with having a higher profile. It's one thing to criticize people you don't interact with, but I think she might not be the type of person who can handle criticizing people she's interacted with or might interact with in the future. Like, some people immediately turn around and act nice to people they would otherwise insult in order to avoid the potential discomfort/awkwardness of conflict, and she might be that kind of person (I know I am, and it's why I choose not to publish controversial/political content).

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Dec 8, 2017

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Ytlaya posted:

I'm not really seeing the mismatch (at least based on the video Mr Interweb linked). They're both of relatively similar build and neither has a face that is exceptionally good or bad looking (conventionally, anyways).

Yeah but she's got a rockin' body.

Mr Interweb fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Dec 8, 2017

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Bit weird, this tangent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

this thread is over. don't make another one. bye

• Locked thread