Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Manifisto

alnilam posted:

*tinny voices from machine*
Many men have tried the skillshot haderach

Tried and failed?

Tried and died!

on one side of the machine there is a flipper button, on the other side there is a dark box

remove your hand from the box while the ball is in play and your game is over

or maybe your Game is Over lol

the name of the machine is definitely the Gom Jabbar and features a lurid image of a poison needle jammed up against someone's neck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vanisher

How do I achieve the high score and make the skillshot?

"That which submits rules"

(did op think he had been taught nothing at all?) That's a hint?

Sig images courtesy of the talented Luvcow, Dumb Sex-Parrot, & Death Sext

FutonForensic

the skillshot on the Basic Instinct table is pretty risky, unless you give no fucks about exposing all the tots in Dave & Busters to Sharon Stone's hoo-ha

posting smiling

Zorodius posted:

The extremely unpopular 1983 WarGames pinball machine includes a warning that "The only winning move is not to play." This is correct; the flippers are wired to the building mains, and even inserting a quarter is enough to trigger a massive electrical fire likely to kill everyone inside.

posting smiling

Ein cooler Typ posted:

o i didn't read the whole topic I didn't know we were supposed to do jokes

it sounds like the street fighter 2 pinball table is the real joke.

Jarf

PLATINUM

they don't let me play pinball anymore, i got too skilled. they said it wasn't fair. when i walked into the bar all the machines would start lighting up and giving people points and one even caught on fire. if i looka t a pinball machine win it. if i touch a pinball machione it commits suicide or marries me. thats good because i'm sexually attracted to pinball machines but also believe strongly in the Institution of Marriage.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Apr 23, 2017

erosion

It's true and I'm tired of pretending it isn't
On the Law and Order: SVU table, if your active character is Vincent D'Onofrio and you trigger a gang assault multiball, delay hitting the right ramp after the audio cue and you get an awkward pause bonus of 120,000,000 points. If your active character is Jeff Goldblum, you only receive a 1,000 point "phoning it in" bonus.

cda

by Hand Knit
on the pinball machine based on my divorce avoid alimony and keep the dog

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Plebian Parasite

alnilam posted:

*tinny voices from machine*
Many men have tried the skillshot haderach

Tried and failed?

Tried and died!

I will not tilt, tilt is the score killer.

FactsAreUseless

cda posted:

on the pinball machine based on my divorce avoid alimony and keep the dog
Shoot LIT ramp to KEEP your kids

cda

by Hand Knit
instead of keeping a diary i make a pinball machine for each day of my life; a lot of them are pretty similar but if you play the march 17 1997 one it will teach you how to have sex

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

alnilam

cda posted:

instead of keeping a diary i make a pinball machine for each day of my life; a lot of them are pretty similar but if you play the march 17 1997 one it will teach you how to have sex

the reporter from citizen kane plays each day's pinball game for hours each, trying to figure out which skillshot reveals what rosebud is... in the end he learns a little about himself

Impkins Patootie

vanisher posted:

How do I achieve the high score and make the skillshot?

"That which submits rules"

(did op think he had been taught nothing at all?) That's a hint?

i miss the concept of a high score

Machai

In the DBZ table, after losing all but your last ball, the upper level opens up where you can charge your spirit ball. It's a slow and tricky shot because the ball has an internal LED that you have to charge up by getting people to cheer you on before you can make the final shot. The table also has a thin layer of glue on it to make the ball travel really slowly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cda

by Hand Knit
https://bentomiso.com/events/the-titled-hand

The hit pop culture anti-colonialist critique that got me banned from at least one Stateside museum, now in Canadian.

To know pinball is to understand the way America romanticizes the dehumanization of women and othering of non-white cultures to justify a legacy of colonization and cultural appropriation.

It is also to know hope in the face of unrelenting exclusion and bigotry. Pinball, especially in the Pacific Northwest (and Ontario), is experiencing a rapid influx of women and people of color into the game, who, if given access to the massive physical resources (i.e. thousands of incomplete machines) could overturn our racist and sexist history and create a better, brighter pinball

• Locked thread