Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

The ending would've been better if some other beings showed up and gave him a scolding for disobeying the others.

"He stole our what? Geeze, sorry about that guys. Kids, what can I say? You're going home now"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

I was expecting the daughter to be some kind of anisotropic police at first.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

wait, so alien girl came to earth 4 billion years ago and didn't figure out "try not to die" till a dumbass human told her as a dumbass kid? also, what kind of father's heart to heart is "humans cling to life, so you better cling to life!!!"

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Yeah, this is a show that held the highest potential and squandered literally all of it. :sigh:

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

dude: couldn't u just tell everyone zashuina is bad and that other guy is a fake?

shindou: no way dude, have u seen this robot blueprint? lets do that!

also shindou: i will use the robot suit to negotiate with zashuina!

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

oh what the hell is shindou wearing!?

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

just finished the finale and.... wow

why exactly did shindou need to die for this plan? also, apparently the right choice is to make a child-weapon with alien girl and force the loser character to raise her all alone for 16 years. jesus that ending is just so hosed

oh yeah, and then alien girl at the end is like "where's my daughter? who cares, she did what i created her for so she's off wandering around now"

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
For some reason I glossed over it while watching but jesus Hanamori got it bad. The man he loved had a child with another person, left him to raise the child for 16 years in isolation from the rest of the world and then died. This is awful.

Poor guy deserved better. And IMO the same goes for the alien, he was bonkers and dangerous but the ending still felt too cruel.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

RottenK posted:

For some reason I glossed over it while watching but jesus Hanamori got it bad. The man he loved had a child with another person, left him to raise the child for 16 years in isolation from the rest of the world and then died. This is awful.

Poor guy deserved better. And IMO the same goes for the alien, he was bonkers and dangerous but the ending still felt too cruel.

Yeah, Hinamori got a pretty raw deal. :( Thanks Shindo, way to be a cool friend.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

There Bias Two posted:

Why would the anisotropic devices stop working without kado? The whole point was that ZaShunina revealed underlying principles of physics that allowed them to take advantage of the devices.

Actually, of all the bullshit in the show, that's about the only thing that make sense. Kado was the link between the two realms, without a device like it humanity cannot reach the anisotropic (and viceversa)

But drat, that was one heck of a lovely show.

RottenK posted:

Don't forget that he also gets crap from people younger than him, that his daughter disappears, and that he probably is going back to work the next day.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Jul 2, 2017

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Also, I am not expert in fregogenomics but the daughter rear end-pull is one of the dumbest things I've seen for an anime ending, which is quite the honor.

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

There Bias Two posted:

Why would the anisotropic devices stop working without kado? The whole point was that ZaShunina revealed underlying principles of physics that allowed them to take advantage of the devices.

Rewatching the ending with a friend, I think the daughter turned them all off or made them disappear.

Because like mom, she thinks that humans don't deserve a shortcut.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

My biggest beef with this show is how the OP and ED animations make use of triangles (and their multidimensional extensions), while the actual Kado in the show only has squares/(hyper)cubes and circles/(hyper)spheres.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
man i still had a good time wathing this despite the flaws but KADO could've been so much better

potential unfulfilled hurts more than outright badness

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

RottenK posted:

potential unfulfilled hurts more than outright badness

Please stop talking about Macross Delta. It still hurts.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
Man good thing i skipped the rest of it, what a bullshit

:sloppy:

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
I am thankful for two things. First, that I stopped watching Kado at episode 3. Second, that I kept reading the thread for schadenfreude and vindication.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
what's the point of reading a thread about a show that you don't watch, especially if you quit it early on

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

RottenK posted:

what's the point of reading a thread about a show that you don't watch, especially if you quit it early on

Sometimes the poster reactions are more entertaining than the actual show.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

There Bias Two posted:

Sometimes the poster reactions are more entertaining than the actual show.

It also lets you know if the show turns around. Sometimes happens.

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

I could let these dreamkillers kill my self esteem or use the arrogance as the steam to follow my dream
Eh, that show was pretty okay. I'm actually pretty glad they went full :wtc: on the ending, at least it wasn't predictable.

Poor Hanamori tho. Really had the short end of the stick since the beginning.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
16 years

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
So, uh, I just finished episode 9 and by all accounts I should probably just finish it at this point but man. The instant Hanamori asked Tsukai about her ring, I could tell it was going to finally be relevant... just, uh, not for "so, what if we decided to just be a low-effort version of the second half of Gurren Lagann now?"

Like, okay fine, I would probably be less annoyed by "oh by the way, Tsukai is secretly also an anisotropic being and also literally the creator of this universe!" if that didn't completely make every single thing she's said and done before now even hollower, irrelevant and somehow more contradictory than I thought possible. What even was the point of 99% of everything that happened during the lead-up to this, even within this one episode?

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Dragonatrix posted:

So, uh, I just finished episode 9 and by all accounts I should probably just finish it at this point but man. The instant Hanamori asked Tsukai about her ring, I could tell it was going to finally be relevant... just, uh, not for "so, what if we decided to just be a low-effort version of the second half of Gurren Lagann now?"

Like, okay fine, I would probably be less annoyed by "oh by the way, Tsukai is secretly also an anisotropic being and also literally the creator of this universe!" if that didn't completely make every single thing she's said and done before now even hollower, irrelevant and somehow more contradictory than I thought possible. What even was the point of 99% of everything that happened during the lead-up to this, even within this one episode?

It gets worse.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
tldr: poo poo's dumb, kado is a bad show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Kado is a great first half and terrible second half. Never seen such a tremendous fall in quality before. Real shame, since visually it was 100% fine, it's entirely the writing that just kinda gave up.

• Locked thread