Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

A little late, but April is now finished and Season 8 is over!

I will try get the new thread for Season 9 set up soon (I was going to do it last night but ended up going to see Infinity War instead).

All that's left for Season 8 is for me to finish updating the spreadsheet and galleries and for the final judgements to come in!

We're still looking for Judges for next season, so if anyone would like to volunteer let me know!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe

Zark the Damned posted:

We're still looking for Judges for next season, so if anyone would like to volunteer let me know!

I might be able to help out with that; let me know! (I mean, I don't have a visual arts background or anything and my skillset mostly consists of "ooo that's pretty," but if you need someone, I could help.)

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Zark the Damned posted:

I'm not qualified to be a judge, but I'm still sticking my hand up to do the blog if you managed to get the details for it from Krushgroove before he was dragged into an unmarked van and driven into Thames House 2 months ago

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer

Dr. Gargunza posted:

I might be able to help out with that; let me know! (I mean, I don't have a visual arts background or anything and my skillset mostly consists of "ooo that's pretty," but if you need someone, I could help.)
That's pretty much the way I judge!

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Any preview of what the new month's journal will be? It's gonna be raining tomorrow through the next couple of days, so I'd like to get some airbrushing done outside before then. Also one-color basecoat is ok for the oath picture, right?

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Spreadsheet should now be up to date, please double check I have your stuff in there before I generate the April gallery this weekend! https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FkoqQIImwPSBPqSCI2TlvAaBPLNgRxpjBZP7V_tgXzI/edit#gid=30 - amendments aside there should only be some judge points left to award and it's done!

Pyrolocutus posted:

Any preview of what the new month's journal will be? It's gonna be raining tomorrow through the next couple of days, so I'd like to get some airbrushing done outside before then. Also one-color basecoat is ok for the oath picture, right?

I'll try get it sorted and the new thread up tomorrow, sorry for the delay. For the first month it'll be Straight Line Patterns (with a better name and description), e.g. Tartan, Hazard Stripes, etc. Possibly with an alternative challenge if I can think of a good one to match the theme.

Dr. Gargunza posted:

If you can, that'd be awesome! I'll dig out the judging info and get it posted.

:siren: Season 9 Thread is up! :siren:

Largely copy pasted from this one, I have tweaked some of the wording and added a new automatic achievement. I still need to sort out the rest of the Challenges and decide on alternatives.

Zark the Damned fucked around with this message at 22:19 on May 1, 2018

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe
...dang it, I forgot to claim the Get the Crystal for this month's oath (treasure tokens). Oh well.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

OK, the April Gallery is now up - https://imgur.com/a/Hl5jWOn

Please double check your pics are there, I'll be submitting it to the judges next weekend.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo, all you guys brought you a-game this month! There were a lot of people on the running for points, but only four will actually get some.

:slick:April judgement!:slick:

Third place, 1 point: Red Shoe

Second place, 2 points: Zark the Damned

First place, 3 points: Floppychop

Bonus, 1 point: Zark the Damned

I'll be back with more judgement in Season 9, where I'll try to add a comment about why I chose whoever I did every month.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Super late final judging!

March
First Place: KingMob

Second Place: Corrode

Third Place: Galaspar

Bonus Point: Ugleb

April
First Place: Red Shoe

Second Place: Zark the Damned

Third Place: KingMob

Bonus Point: TheFinalTuba

I'm lazy and slow, but I got there eventually. Good luck next year everyone!

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Awesome! I think that about wraps it up for season 8!

Spreadsheet should now be up to date in case anyone has any last mistakes to fix for posterity: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FkoqQIImwPSBPqSCI2TlvAaBPLNgRxpjBZP7V_tgXzI/edit#gid=30

And a big thanks to both our judges, and especially the participants, for making it a successful season! I hope to see you all again for season 9!

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Signal posted:

Super late final judging!

Second Place: Corrode

Thanks!

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

Signal posted:

Bonus Point: Ugleb

Yay! Thankee kindly. :)

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Oath Complete

Quick and dirty to take a break from a longer project I've been working on.

It's hard finding the right angle to photograph this guy from, maybe I should have posed the spear differently...

edit: woops, wrong thread

The Moon Monster fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Sep 24, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
Wrong season?

• Locked thread