Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

painedforever posted:

And credit where credit is due, you don't feel like putting your fist through the screen because, frankly, you should have seen it coming.
Also it's the end of the game so you've no longer got any reason to care about the reward.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
Great to see this game through! Never copleted it myself. Nice job showcasing everthing!

painedforever
Sep 12, 2017

Quem Deus Vult Perdere, Prius Dementat.

Tiggum posted:

Also it's the end of the game so you've no longer got any reason to care about the reward.

Well... kinda-sorta maybe? How'd you feel about the ending to Neverwinter Nights 2 (prior to MotB)? That was "Rocks fall, everyone dies" which was so not cool, and pissed me off no end.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

painedforever posted:

Well... kinda-sorta maybe? How'd you feel about the ending to Neverwinter Nights 2 (prior to MotB)? That was "Rocks fall, everyone dies" which was so not cool, and pissed me off no end.
I haven't played it, so I can't answer that one. But I think the difference there would be that that wasn't a satisfying end to the story? Whereas in this case it's a perfectly fitting end to the story. If it happened half way through the game that you'd been led to believe you were getting some valuable resource (cash or otherwise) and then you didn't it would feel like a ripoff, but as it happens right at the end it's not you the player getting anything anyway. You're not going to be able to use it either way.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Groetgaffel posted:

The best part is how its a free favour too, because James can't stand McKlusky either.

Probably because he's an ork.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

The Lone Badger posted:

Probably because he's an ork.

As previously mentioned, pretty much every Tir elf is suuuuuuuper racist.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

This was a good LP, and I'm looking forward to Dragonfall.

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
Dragonfall and Hong Kong are both very fun. Worth playing/getting.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

Poil posted:

Thank you so much for running through this. :neckbeard:

Be careful you don't run into a wall with Berlin.

I think it should be alright since all the stuff I've gradually learned and improved on when making this LP should transfer directly to Dragonfall without requiring any major adjustments. For example I have like six different image crop presets (one for loading screens, another for dialogue boxes that don't have a portrait, etc.) that should work the exact same there, and having things like that figured out from the start makes things a lot smoother on my end. Plus everything related to dialogue, and that's kind of a big part of Dragonfall, should be about a hundred times easier thanks to the editor.

I'm not gonna claim it won't take a while at my slow-rear end pace, but it's definitely doable.

Kanfy fucked around with this message at 13:47 on Dec 6, 2017

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Whoever's got the biggest whiskers does the talking.
Just wanted to chime and join the bandwagon with the congratulations, looking forward to Zee Germans.

IBlameRoadSuess
Feb 20, 2012

Fucking technology...

At least I HAVE THIS!
Parroting the great LP comments of everyone else. I actually blazed through DMS in a single night when it first came out, a lot of the points fell flat for me and I didn't really enjoy the ending, doing virtually none of the side content. I went back through it a second time shortly thereafter to see all the content at a much slower pace and I think that is what made it click for me. I enjoy DMS, but Dragonfall is miles better than it in every way. I've never played Hong Kong, nkt for lack of installing and reinstalling, but this LP has given me that itch to play some shadowrun so I might finally do that.

Surprise Pizza
Mar 21, 2010
This LP finally got me to go back and play through the game right to the end, so thanks for that!

Out of morbid interest, I reloaded the last save from the first time I played, back in 2013, to see if I could figure out why I never finished the game. Turns out I was on the final mission, with an SMG/shotgun build, crappy armor ("Secure Ninja Clothing", 3 armor, +1 dodge), and no Tir Tairngire Ghost, so only two of the Aegis anti-bug guns. That might explain it.

Looking forward to Dragonfall!

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Kanfy posted:

I think it should be alright since all the stuff I've gradually learned and improved on when making this LP should transfer directly to Dragonfall without requiring any major adjustments. For example I have like six different image crop presets (one for loading screens, another for dialogue boxes that don't have a portrait, etc.) that should work the exact same there, and having things like that figured out from the start makes things a lot smoother on my end. Plus everything related to dialogue, and that's kind of a big part of Dragonfall, should be about a hundred times easier thanks to the editor.

I'm not gonna claim it won't take a while at my slow-rear end pace, but it's definitely doable.

Preemptive vote for Shaman of Death Metal to always be on team. Tia

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

The real problem with those games is that you can't always have your full team which is a real and complete shame.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

SIGSEGV posted:

The real problem with those games is that you can't always have your full team which is a real and complete shame.
In Dragonfall that's not a big loss if you like playing deckers. :v:

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

Does this excite you, girl?

Slaan posted:

Preemptive vote for Shaman of Death Metal to always be on team. Tia

Ahem, Dietrich is Punk as gently caress, and don't you forget it.

(but seconding this)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

(That's a link)

• Locked thread