Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raere
Dec 13, 2007

I passed my CISSP exam today and am now one of the elite
What kind of cool jobs can I look forward to?

What're other CISSP dudes up to?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
pity reply

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
cissp is a dumb cert with almost no real world benefits last time i checked

hope your employer paid for it

http://attrition.org/security/conferences/why_you_should_not_get_a_CISSP-public.pdf

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.
you memorized a bunch of poo poo that has no technical relevance but will get you some money on the infosec side of things, so grats I guess.

it's probably the most boring cert I've ever studied for.

Raere
Dec 13, 2007

my goth gf posted:

cissp is a dumb cert with almost no real world benefits last time i checked

hope your employer paid for it

http://attrition.org/security/conferences/why_you_should_not_get_a_CISSP-public.pdf

they did and i agree but im proud anyway

Raere
Dec 13, 2007

are any certs in the entire IT sector not garbage?

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

experience is king but CISSP is quickly becoming a standard requirement for even entry level security analyst positions or your resume goes in the trash

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

their "vouching" system for getting accredited after the test along with not letting you see anything more than pass/fail has done a bit to slow its descent in to diploma mill worthlessness but the 2015 revisions of the test gutted most of the technical knowledge so its getting easier to game as a conceptless cram session of corporate buzzwords with a little bit of Best Practice thrown in. It will be as laughable as A/Network+ in a few years and then they'll move on to the next arbitrary test that you have to pass.

Regardless, congrats. That's a lot of bullshit to jam in your head.

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
you cant spell cssip without PISS

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug
my first post-college job: my boss was a cissp and sure enough he dropped lots of phones in the toilet

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

Raere posted:

are any certs in the entire IT sector not garbage?

getting a CCIE is a good way to work on networking stuff for telecoms and such, if that's your bag

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!
die cissp scum

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

You are about to embark on a great journey. Are you ready, my friend?
cissp sounds like a birth defect.

i'm glad to learn it is actually an acquired syndrome.

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

blowfish posted:

die cissp scum

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
i don't ever want to waste my time with this nonsense. i want to go straight miyamotto style go right into producing video games. tripping on shrooms and telling people what to do. no coding required. my life is going to be exhilarating and I'm going to be rich.

peeper
Jun 21, 2005
Fun Shoe
holy poo poo

CISSP

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

blowfish posted:

die cissp scum

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
apparently i would be able to pass my software eng years as valid experience for the test as ive done things with ssl certs sometimes so ill probably get this

how much did you study

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

blowfish posted:

die cissp scum

didnt read the thread but came in for this reference, peace out

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

blowfish posted:

die cissp scum

german for "the cissp scum"

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

i don't ever want to waste my time with this nonsense. i want to go straight miyamotto style go right into producing video games. tripping on shrooms and telling people what to do. no coding required. my life is going to be exhilarating and I'm going to be rich.

same

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

poty posted:

apparently i would be able to pass my software eng years as valid experience for the test as ive done things with ssl certs sometimes so ill probably get this

how much did you study

I did five 9hr days straight plus another 4-6hrs cramming with flash cards at home to pass

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
i don't think i could name one professional certification in any field anywhere

burning swine
May 26, 2004

I had to do security+ and it was utterly worthless

congrats on your resume padding tho op

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
lame I have to have certs. like CPR poo poo and a mother loving yearly registration?

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord

echinopsis posted:

you cant spell cssip without PISS

blowfish posted:

die cissp scum

peeper posted:

holy poo poo

CISSP
:bisonyes:

Raere
Dec 13, 2007

COACHS SPORT BAR posted:

I had to do security+ and it was utterly worthless

congrats on your resume padding tho op

I had my Security+ but I decided to 'upgrade' instead of renewing it

burning swine
May 26, 2004

Raere posted:

I had my Security+ but I decided to 'upgrade' instead of renewing it

I chose to not renew it when it expired, but continued to list it on my resume

ltugo
Aug 10, 2004

If there was a grading scale for torture I would give sleep deprivation and waterboarding a C-.
Got mine in February of this year.

It's kind of like losing your virginity - you don't feel any different afterwards but it's still a significant milestone in your life.

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

ltugo posted:

Got mine in February of this year.

It's kind of like losing your virginity - you don't feel any different afterwards but it's still a significant milestone in your life.

how would you know

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
actually I felt like a terrible sinner after I fisrt had sex because I wasnt quite married

that feeling of shame and badness after ejac'in' didnt go away though once we were married. took a wee while to feel good about intercourse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

are you that mainframe hacker guy?

So what was bela lapuda model again?

Lol, I held the certification in high regard until I went and took a one week bootcamp.

I looked around and about 3 of us out of 20 actually knew any actual security. The rest were like 'I got promoted/hired and need this dumb certificate'

The pass rate was 95%.

• Locked thread