Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Hello thread nice to meet you

So for the last few weeks, I've been quietly introducing a new weekly segment on Nite Crew chat for the betterment of C-SPAM, both day crew and nite, because you can't be bothered to go outside or read a gd book or anything so here have some haute culture passively shoved into your eyeballs. I'm pretty pumped that it's been well received, and I want to open it up and make it known to the rest of the world.

You might be saying to yourself: Gosh, that Chokes McGee is so handsome, and I wish to know more about this weekly endeavor! Fear not, for here are the details you so desperately crave. This thread serves three purposes:

1) To keep track of what we've seen
2) To announce each week's viewing (or possible rescheduling) ahead of time
3) To solicit suggestions for future viewings

Movie starts around 9:15 PM or so on Sundays. Here's the link again, in case you missed it. Viewings are not 100% guaranteed because I could have something come up, or get distracted, or play a video game and forget or w/e. But, I try to set a weekly alarm and have stuff ready to go to minimize chance of failure. Sudden changes will be announced here and added to the schedule. The initiative will be cancelled when this thread is closed and/or I'm permabanned. I assume one will happen before the other. BUT WHICH ONE???

Other Chokes Features

Sporadically around 9:30 PM, I drop a Cwthaylt track, which is Welsh for "Chokes What the Hell Are You Listening To." It's an opportunity to step outside the bounds of the normal punk/jazz/funk eclectic Nite Crew blend and instead be subjected to my terrible lovely mostly electrogoth music cultivated from the fringes of Pandora. It's only one song a night, so if you don't like it, deal. :colbert:

I'm also a huge Beckett fanboy, and to whet your appetite for CULTURE, I'll be posting URLs for some of my favorite plays. I'll probably start with Waiting for Godot since it's the most well known. When I find a link that's good quality and doesn't violate any copyrights, I'll post it.

Ask questions if you want! And despite my jokes, don't take this too seriously. This isn't a classroom or reviewing holy writ. My feelings aren't gonna be hurt if you don't like what we're watching or if you can't show up for it. They're just movies. You like them or you don't. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
:siren: THIS WEEK'S VIEWING :siren:

4/30: Steamboat Bill, Jr. (Buston Keaton)

THE BIG LIST O CULTURE

3/26: Pink Floyd's The Wall
4/2: Safety Last! (Harold Lloyd)
4/9: DOUBLE FEATURE: Rhubarb Rhubarb (Eric Sykes) and Film (Samuel Beckett)
4/16: M (Fritz Lang) (WHO KNOWS WHAT IT'S LIKE TO BE MEEEE :byodood:)
4/23: Un Chien Andalou (Dali) :chord:

Chokes McGee has issued a correction as of 05:45 on Apr 27, 2017

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
More like cult turd

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

rudatron posted:

More like cult turd

Wha—no, it's not like that at all!

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Also thank you for your service *gives u a fast food receipt, the traditional nite crew gesture of appreviation*

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

rudatron posted:

Also thank you for your service *gives u a fast food receipt, the traditional nite crew gesture of appreviation*

*scans it into phone app*

four more and I get a free soda :keke:

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

i'm not a member of that group chat and i consider myself part of "i post whenever the hell i want to" crew but this is a good idea, thank you

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief
you're making me want to make my way into nitecrew tv

Lindsey O. Graham has issued a correction as of 10:22 on Apr 28, 2017

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
overnight saturday nctv is cool it's me and shups shitposting about local food

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

ScrubLeague posted:

overnight saturday nctv is cool it's me and shups shitposting about local food

sounds :yum:

• Locked thread