Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Spoeank posted:

15th Time's the Charm - The C-Mike Story

What's his SPARQ? Is it monstrous?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Clive Walford was just cut by the Raiders. Or as I like to think of him, the guy who tricked me into passing on Hunter Henry in dynasty.

My dream dual threat of C-Mike and Walford was, in fact, a nightmare.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Brandin Cooks is now a Ram.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
Is he going to really open up the field for Cooper Kupp? Is that at all a possibility?

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Ben Nevis posted:

Is he going to really open up the field for Cooper Kupp? Is that at all a possibility?

I was reading something from Mike Clay where he argued that it wouldn't really change the role of Kupp or Woods, or their volume. Essentially his argument is that they play in short and medium gains, while Cooks is the long gains target. He also was expecting the rams to throw the ball nearly 100 times more next season than this last season, with woods and kupp both getting over 100 targets, and cooks + gurley getting 90+.

I'm a bit more skeptical. I think Kupp's volume and value still is higher than last season, which makes him a mid-low WR2 in my eyes, but Woods is more likely to fall a bit in value, as is Cooks.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
kindly gently caress off Matthew Berry

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!
My gut wants to go Woods->Cooks->Kupp with the Rams WR trio. I think they really hit on something with Woods and he's still the most valuable receiver they have. Kupp has a nice role but if Cooks is a hit (he'll be better than Watkins at the very least), I could see McVay tweaking his gameplans and opting for more explosive chunk plays and less reliance on shorter gains to Kupp in the slot or Gurley out of the backfield.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Poque posted:

kindly gently caress off Matthew Berry

What did he do now?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

What did he do now?

Oh I'm just still getting dumb push notifications from him through the ESPN app, despite (successfully) disabling them months ago.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt
This league might be too active, expensive, or in-depth for most of the guys here, but if you are a true degenerate who wants to talk fantasy, life, and trash year round my league just opened up a spot. You will be in the other conference so we won’t directly be competing but it’s a blast.

quote:

The IFL is an extremely active 32 team, dynasty league hosted on MyFantasyLeague. We are in our 3rd year, but the community has been playing together for much longer than that via other leagues. We are essentially two separate 16 team leagues (AFC/NFC) due to using two player pools. In addition to the league being active 365 days of the year, what makes this league truly special is that there’s excellent content created year round (trash talk videos, articles, radio shows, etc).

Content Examples: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0Ovls8ap1U https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBoeaMmaDb0 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVXYOedaihc https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGBbS10cKjc&t=3s

Our Content Site: iflsite.com

About the League:

32 NFL teams represented 2 commissioners (each oversees opposite conference) 2 Player pools (AFC can't trade with NFC but they play one another) Rosters consist of 46-53 active in season and up to 90 in the offseason for developmental purposes. Salary cap matches the NFL 1-4 year player contracts IDP PPR TE bonus 10 man taxi squads Taxi squad claims (for draft pick compensation) Annual 7 round rookie draft Franchise/transition tags (with auctions/bidding) Player holdouts Annual veteran auction Annual UDFA auction $175 league buy-in All money is handled via LeagueSafe Weekly high score payouts (keeps everyone playing for something) Survivor/Pick-em side pools NFL Playoff League side games Tons of content created for the league (by the GMs)

We are looking for diehard GMs who:

Are active on chat Check their roster daily Work the trade lines Creative in terms of content creation (a huge plus) Won't check out if their season goes south

The prime candidate/s will first and foremost be a fantasy football degenerate. Must have experience with IDP since it is such a huge aspect of the game. The league chat is active daily, so we expect to hear from you fairly regularly. We are also looking to expand our “media team”. These are the people who contribute to the league site the most. Be it writing articles, hosting a show, making video content, musical content, basically anything you can think of that adds to the unique creative element to this league. Our content addresses anything and everything from the upcoming free agent market, rookie mock drafts, divisions/teams outlooks, there’s literally a million things you could cover. We also have special shows that we do live (the live rookie draft show being the highlight of the year).

If you think that you would be a great fit for the IFL, please reach out to us at: internationalfantasyleague@gmail.com

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Anyone know when Nfl.com will open up fantasy football for this year?

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Is it too soon to start mentioning a post-NFL draft slow mock draft?

I'm Jonesing hard, here

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Apr 18, 2018

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Drunk Nerds posted:

Is it too soon to start mentioning a post-NFL draft slow mock draft?

I'm Jonesing hard, here

In as "Handsome" James ""Jimmy" "G"" Garoppolo's Beautiful Smile

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Yahoo opened for 2018 today :stare::stare::stare:

Looks like default is 0.5 PPR and they ditched the third WR slot for a WRT flex.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Spoeank posted:

Yahoo opened for 2018 today :stare::stare::stare:

Looks like default is 0.5 PPR and they ditched the third WR slot for a WRT flex.

I was planning on starting the new thread tomorrow.

I should think about a title.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I was planning on starting the new thread tomorrow.

I should think about a title.

What the gently caress is with that custom title!

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Sataere posted:

What the gently caress is with that custom title!

Someone really hates that a crunch numbers in a Space Barbie game.

I love it.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I love it.

Yeah, it's probably the best av I've ever seen, no context necessary

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I love it.

You should wear it as a badge of honor.

In some Football Absurdity related news, I am going to be on 104.9 The X tomorrow morning in Rockford, IL talking about the NFL draft. I'll be on The Morning X with Lori and Kev. The segment will be on the air around 6:20am. I'm pretty excited. You guys can listen live at WXRX.com or download their free app to listen. You can even call in and ask if there are any prospects that I feel are something awful. :v:

I'm pretty stoked about this. We already got a huge uptick in views today just from the promotion.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

That's awesome Sataere, congrats! I wake up around that time, I'll try to catch it.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

Sataere posted:

You should wear it as a badge of honor.

In some Football Absurdity related news, I am going to be on 104.9 The X tomorrow morning in Rockford, IL talking about the NFL draft. I'll be on The Morning X with Lori and Kev. The segment will be on the air around 6:20am. I'm pretty excited. You guys can listen live at WXRX.com or download their free app to listen. You can even call in and ask if there are any prospects that I feel are something awful. :v:

I'm pretty stoked about this. We already got a huge uptick in views today just from the promotion.

I want to know which round I should draft C-Mike in.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Silly Burrito posted:

I want to know which round I should draft C-Mike in.

A better question is what year. Also, I thought we'd moved on from C-Mike and onto Mike Davis.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
I'm just here to hype the poo poo out of RSJ.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

ah yes the *checks notes* third passing option for *double checks notes* SAM BRADFORD AND MIKE GLENNON?!

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Aside from the year, anything I need to update in the OP? I think I'm just going to edit it in this thread and then move it over once the draft starts.

Also I need a thread title.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
"Every time I hear the intro to Fantasy Football Today, I regain my virginity"

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

Fantasy Football: Always hoping for the 12 point QB pass to himself, but ending up with a shanked XP instead

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Silly Burrito posted:

Fantasy Football: Always hoping for the 12 point QB pass to himself, but ending up with a shanked XP instead

I thought the shanked XP has to follow a schoolyard lateral touchdown

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Fantasy Football 2018 - DO NOT DRAFT: Anyone

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Also I need a thread title.

The Something Awful Forums> Discussion > Sports Argument Stadium > The Armchair Quarterback > Fantasy Football 2018: *BEEP* *BOOP* M'SPREADSHEET

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Fantasy Football 2018 - No we're not drafting loving punters stop asking.

edit: nevermind, this.

SouthShoreSamurai posted:

The Something Awful Forums> Discussion > Sports Argument Stadium > The Armchair Quarterback > Fantasy Football 2018: *BEEP* *BOOP* M'SPREADSHEET

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

THE SOUND A WET FART MAKES
"Lesson from 2017: Draft Rookie RBs Early"

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

FF 2018: Overreactions ONLY

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
2019: C-MIKE'S YEAR

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Fantasy Football 2018: Why aren't you talking about Mike Davis?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
It's here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3855548

• Locked thread