Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games

Franchescanado posted:

"Taserface" was chosen because he's an actual character from a Marvel comic from the 60's or 70's.

Dear God.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

Franchescanado posted:

"Taserface" was chosen because he's an actual character from a Marvel comic from the 60's or 70's.

Is this sarcasm or am I just old? It's from the 90s. It's a silly reference (or dear god a Shark jumping name if it was SUPPOSED to be serious) to all the ridiculous tough-sounding names that were prevalent in that era (including Deadpool actually)

vvv and there we have it. :)

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Comfortador posted:

Is this sarcasm or am I just old? It's from the 90s. It's an homage to all the ridiculous tough-sounding names that were prevalent in that era (including Deadpool actually)

(Yeah, he debuted in 1990)

GoldfishStew
Feb 25, 2017

ASK ME ABOUT BEING A GROWNUP WHO FUCKS A REAL DOLL
It was a dumb, run into the ground joke. This movie had the same comedic quality as the ghostbusters reboot. It was basically the won ton soup joke.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

GoldfishStew posted:

It was a dumb, run into the ground joke. This movie had the same comedic quality as the ghostbusters reboot. It was basically the won ton soup joke.

I think the whole film is encapsulated in the credit sequence. We get a hilarious, inventive credit sequence that stops, and then the film turns serious to actually beat the monster. A better film would have incorporated the two. As it is, the credit sequence is just a prelude, just spinning the wheels. And then the actual monster fight is dull, with the best gag coming from Batista (as it does for the entire movie)

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

ImpAtom posted:

(Yeah, he debuted in 1990)

My bad, I wasn't about to look up his debut, just pointing out he wasn't an original character for the movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doronin
Nov 22, 2002

Don't be scared
I saw the movie in theaters, and on my first watch I absolutely loved the movie. But then we got the Blu-Ray, and every time we have people over they want to watch the movie. After seeing it a couple more times, I don't know that this movie has the re-watch value of the original. It's a good movie, regardless, but I feel compelled to want to skip straight to the middle when they go to Ego's planet because the rapid-fire jokes in the first act get old after a couple of viewings.

• Locked thread