Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seaogre
Oct 10, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Professor Oak grows more and more suspicious.

Hitting Mew with pester balls feels like a new low.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warmal
Aug 12, 2011

If you think what we just did was low. Wait till you see the final episode.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

The only time I was ever able to play Pokémon Snap was for the few weeks it was set up at Blockbuster as a demo. I had lots of fun while my parents were at the grocery store across the parking lot. I wished I had a Nintendo 64 so I could play it at home. Until watching this LP, I never realized how in-depth it actually was, like with getting three Magnemites together to make a Magneton, or with the signs. I mean, I remember seeing the Dugtrio one, but just thought it was a cute quirk of the artist to make a mountain shaped like that.
You're cool and this LP is cool, is all I'm trying to say.

The Mighty Moltres fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Jul 11, 2017

Warmal
Aug 12, 2011

if you have a WiiU I would suggest getting it for the Virtual Console. I would hope that if enough people show interest in it that we might get a sequel. The Blockbuster demo and printer was probably one of the best parts of the game as well. It's sad nothing else has really done something like it. Thanks for the compliments! I've really enjoyed this.

Chronische
Aug 7, 2012

A sequel to Pokemon Snap is likely never going to happen, but imagine if it did! There's so many more pokemon now than then that the game would be, even if it only used 1/3 of them, quite a long game. I hope they do make another, but Pokemon Snap is doomed to be one of the 'throw it at the wall and see what sticks' games.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

We have the pokemon snap sequel. It's open world you can catch and battle too as well as take photos in stunning lifelike environments.

It is a pokemon go joke.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Ooh! Are we messing with Adora?

This is a real cool LP and every time they tease a new Pokemon announcement I'm never joking when I say I want Pokemon Snap 2. Especially with all the new ghost pokemon. Imagine a creepy mansion level with all the ghosts that you have to sneak out of their hiding spots. (BTW you can hit Mew with apples, the game is just really fiddly)

Warmal
Aug 12, 2011

There is just so much they could do with Pokemon Snap now, it's sad that it probably would never happen. It's one of those amazing gems that maybe wouldn't be appreciated so much by new players, but will always hold a spot in my heart. With that said, we are actually at the end of our road. This video is the final one, and we look at everything else the game has to offer.

Final Episode - Every Stage | Final Clean-up

I will be leaving the thread open for another week before getting it set up for archiving. Please leave all your final thoughts here because honestly all of you have made this journey all the better. I didn't expect the kind of feedback that I got and it was amazing the whole way through.

GirlCalledBob
Jul 17, 2013
I remember this game being like three times as long as it actually is, probably because I was a dumb child. But that was sort of the fun of it, playing courses over and over, trying out different things, hoping to find just one more hidden Pokemon...

Despite all the Pokemon Go jokes (which are good jokes, generally, don't get me wrong) there really isn't anything like this. It's really a well disguised puzzle game, where you have to think outside the box and notice all sorts of little clues.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
It's an odd little game to be sure, reminds me most of the Endless Ocean games that I've only seen LP'd and sadly never played myself.

Enjoyable LP and a heck of a nostalgia hit from my childhood. Spent so many goddamn hours on this and the Pokemon Stadiums, which could also be interesting LP material.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Pokemon Snap is great and it's sad that we'll never get a sequel. Between this, Stadium, and to a somewhat lesser extent Puzzle League, the N64 was a wonderful console for Pokemon spinoffs.

You pretty much showed all the reasons why I think this game is great, Warmal. Even after you photograph them all, you still have so much you can do! There's a lot of neat, secret photos, plus getting the right angles and just trying to beat your own scores is wonderful and adds a lot of time to an otherwise unfairly short game. And it allows you to be hilariously violent towards poor animals, and if that's not the point of Pokemon, then what is?

This was a very good LP, if a bit slow-paced at times. But then again, there's no reason to rush in a game about checking the sights to begin with and taking pictures of said sights, right? And you got some pretty good pictures, some of which I had no idea of (like that last Mew pic, it seems obvious in hindsight but I just got a low-score bad Mew pic). So great job!

Charlett
Apr 2, 2011
Thanks for all of your hard work! It was an amazing ride! :D

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Thanks for playing this game. A thought occurred to me while watching the LP. Seeing how Dugtrio and Magneton were made from combining multiple of their pre-evolved state, it made me wonder if Starmie was intended to be similar since it looks like two Staryu stacked on each other.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

It was fun to see such a staple of my childhood again, and it was really surprising just how much I remembered about a game that I last played that long ago.

Sorites
Sep 10, 2012

Thank you so much for doing this. The videos were all great and the game takes me back fifteen years.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

drat, I kind of wish the developers had left Mew as a "back-only, fleeting glimpse" sort of shot. It would make sense for a legendary Pokémon like that, and could've been an easy teaser for a sequel in which you get an actual shot like you did.
Anyway, I just wanted to say again that I really enjoyed this.

Warmal
Aug 12, 2011

I'm really glad everyone enjoyed this. I really love this game and wanted to show it off as best as I could. I do own Hey You Pikachu, Pokemon Puzzle League, and both Pokemon Stadiums, so maybe I'll show those off someday as well.

yo rear end is grass posted:

drat, I kind of wish the developers had left Mew as a "back-only, fleeting glimpse" sort of shot. It would make sense for a legendary Pokémon like that, and could've been an easy teaser for a sequel in which you get an actual shot like you did.
Anyway, I just wanted to say again that I really enjoyed this.

When I played this as a kid, I did think the only shot of Mew was the low scored one, and I felt really cheated. I worked so hard to get there and in the end, the photo wasn't really worth it. There are certainly some things here that I don't think small children would get if you didn't tell them you could do it.

Seaogre
Oct 10, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Your wild conspiracy theory is pretty good, but I think the fake pokemon might be a way of attracting Mew to begin with. Generally, Mew is portrayed as being very playful and liking toys. It shows interest in the windmills in the first movie and plays around with its light ball, it also has a stash of toys in the Lucario movie. Maybe the fake pokemon are supposed to be kind of like playmates or toys.

Anyway, the pokemon being fake explains why they follow the Pokedex nonsense explanations of evolution. Both games and anime make it pretty clear that any Pokedex entry about multiple pokemon becoming one through evolution is just not true. But who wrote that Pokedex and would want to perpetuate its lies? Professor Samuel Oak.

Warmal
Aug 12, 2011

They could have been made by Professor Oak to continue his attempts at bringing Mew closer. It also explains why they would all be pretty fond of the same generic food, and why they are always in the same places doing the same things. He's also pretty quick to shove you out the door once you photograph Mew or all the Pokemon.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

I think the Pokemon are real. I also think that Professor Oak is a dick who likes to see Meowths get attacked by Pidgeys and makes a photographer go on a wild goose chase just to get access to Mew. He set up everything just to gently caress around with Todd.

That's my theory and I'm sticking to it.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Also the pokermans aren't necessarily fake, but trained and planted there by Oak. Trained to do the exact same stuff every time you cruise by.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

yo rear end is grass posted:

Also the pokermans aren't necessarily fake, but trained and planted there by Oak. Trained to do the exact same stuff every time you cruise by.

There's bound to be a pokemon with time travel at this point (I stopped playing the series with Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald). Each course is a stable time loop.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Cythereal posted:

There's bound to be a pokemon with time travel at this point (I stopped playing the series with Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald). Each course is a stable time loop.

Even if you stopped at RSE, you'd have your Pokemon already in Celebi.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
There is a Pokemon of Time in Gen 4. And I kinda like the time-loop theory.

Warmal
Aug 12, 2011

Time loop theory works pretty well with how it looks like we teleport in and out of the level. Maybe even being sent to a spot in time long passed, or far in the future. Who knows?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
I just stumbled on this thread, but I'm glad I have a chance to say thanks for LPing this game. I had a lot of fun with this one as a kid, and talked my dad out of way too many dollars making stickers at the little blockbuster kiosks

Chronische
Aug 7, 2012

Would be cool to see the other old pokemon games done again. Hey You Pikachu barely worked when it was new, and I sadly never owned the Stadium games (though I do remember the fun party games). I never saw anything to do with Puzzle League but I did have Pokemon Pinball and the Trading Card Game for gameboy! The TCG had pretty sweet music, too.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Ooh! Are we messing with Adora?

If you play the Pokeflute while Jigglypuff is singing, they get mad at you.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Also adding to the theory that all the pokemon are animatronic is that the Jigglypuffs' song doesn't put Todd to sleep.

Warmal
Aug 12, 2011

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Also adding to the theory that all the pokemon are animatronic is that the Jigglypuffs' song doesn't put Todd to sleep.

WE CRACKED THE CODE. But no really. I never thought about that. There was a couple of things here and there that I forgot to show off or mention. Perhaps another LP will be done of this and everything will come full circle.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
You could always do one last bonus video?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
You showed off that the Graveler do different dances for different Poke Flute songs, but Snorlax does as well.

• Locked thread