Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

IcePhoenix posted:

I just want everyone to know that Byron Buxton raised his average 54 points in the month of May.

He is now hitting a robust .201 on the season.

Is he still using Return of the Mack as his walk-up music? If so he owns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

shadok posted:

Wait, how did I miss this?

I knew about these guys, but I didn't know the name wasn't a coincidence. They're literally named after the Springfield team and that's amazing.

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I knew about these guys, but I didn't know the name wasn't a coincidence. They're literally named after the Springfield team and that's amazing.
Excuse to post clip from the Simpsons? Don't mind if I do

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfTXQJbnXaM

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Poque posted:

Send me a PM, I'll stop by and say hey

I just meant on TV. :( I'm actually pretty bummed about that I probably won't make it to a single Wrigley game this year. Maybe this will finally be the year I she'll out hundreds of dollars for a good seat at AT&T when the Cubs are in town.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Sydin posted:

I just meant on TV. :( I'm actually pretty bummed about that I probably won't make it to a single Wrigley game this year. Maybe this will finally be the year I she'll out hundreds of dollars for a good seat at AT&T when the Cubs are in town.

maybe I'm in san francisco, you don't know me

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/SInow/status/870103753608675328

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Ask me how to run a good team into the ground.
Ryan Schimpf is probably my favorite player in MLB. Per the Sporting News :

quote:

In 2017, Schimpf is on pace to hit more than 40 home runs but fewer than 40 singles. If he were to actually achieve that feat, he'd be the first player in baseball history to do so. The list of players to hit 30 or more homers and 40 or fewer singles in a season is contained to just three occurrences: McGwire in 1995 and 2000, and Barry Bonds in 1999.

He's currently hitting .166/.297/.437 and while it's probably pretty unlikely he hits 40 HRs, he's seemed to have picked up where he left off from his play in the 2nd half of last season.

ColdBlooded fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Jun 1, 2017

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

That's probably enough to get Mr. Met fired.

He could still get a job being a mascot for that art museum on 5th Ave, though.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Here's a picture that will get some usage now and in the future

https://twitter.com/Mets/status/870117113477910529

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

ColdBlooded posted:

He's currently hitting .166/.297/.437 and while it's probably pretty unlikely he hits 40 HRs, he's seemed to have picked up where he left off from his play in the 2nd half of last season.

He has a 100 wRC+ as of tonight. So if you wanted to know how many homers you have to hit to still be useful with a .166 avg, there you go.

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
Anyone have a link to video of jays fans running onto the field in the top of the ninth from a few days ago? Been looking online and can't find anything

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

ColdBlooded posted:

Ryan Schimpf is probably my favorite player in MLB. Per the Sporting News :

He had like a 70% FB rate going into this week. Anyone know what the record would be for a season?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Niwrad posted:

He had like a 70% FB rate going into this week. Anyone know what the record would be for a season?

57.3%, 2006 Frank Thomas, at least among qualified batters.

Gallo is also above that so far in 2017

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

That's probably enough to get Mr. Met fired.

Waiting for the revelation that Mr Met has been Kathy Griffin the last few years.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Craptacular! posted:

Waiting for the revelation that Mr Met has been Kathy Griffin the last few years.

:stonklol:

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av
N: Jays have won 8/10 and are only 2 games back from the wild card

V: :slick:

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Luigi Thirty posted:

Here's a picture that will get some usage now and in the future

https://twitter.com/Mets/status/870117113477910529

Internally: 'that was awesome, but we have to look accountable, so go on a vacation, on us - we can spin it - and meet us on the road trip. Just ask Accounts Payable for this comp number.'

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

The Mariners have finished May having won half the games this month. This is an improvement over their .423 record in April. The M's are therefore on pace to have a .577 record for June, a .654 record for July, a .731 record in August, a .808 record in September, and a .844 record in October. They will win around 101 games overall and win the World Series only dropping 1 or 2 playoff games. Math doesn't lie :getin:

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

You tried to destroy it once before, Commodore.
The result was a wrecked ship and a dead crew.
Fun Shoe
Blue Jays are the first AL team to reach 1,000,000 home attendance in 2017. :toot:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

shadok posted:

Blue Jays are the first AL team to reach 1,000,000 home attendance in 2017. :toot:

That's, uh, surprising. You would have expected the Cubs

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

iospace posted:

The Cubs are NL, and a little too on the road for it (they'll get there next home game though).

Unsurprisingly, Dodgers outdo everybody, even on average. (not updated for tonight at time of posting, but in a few hours probably)

And also on the road; wild.

Also lol Angels dead last on the road (seriously though, they had Trout, how) and man the Rays need to start handing out free game tickets with a 10-gallon fuel purchase or something.

dont be mean to me fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Jun 1, 2017

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

You tried to destroy it once before, Commodore.
The result was a wrecked ship and a dead crew.
Fun Shoe

iospace posted:

Cubs have a higher average attendance than the Jays, they're just one home game behind.

Dodgers, Cardinals and Giants already well over a million each.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

dont be mean to me posted:

Also lol Angels dead last on the road (seriously though, they had Trout, how) and man the Rays need to start handing out free game tickets with a 10-gallon fuel purchase or something.

Hey, a couple series against the Yankees and they'll be ahead of Oakland.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

iospace posted:

Why? The jays had the best attendance last year too

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Kalenn Istarion posted:

Why? The jays had the best attendance last year too

In the AL, yeah. At least according to BR the Dodgers and Cards beat them in all of MLB.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Dodgers have led in attendance every year since McCourt sold the team and that will continue until they are bad. It's the largest stadium by a good margin now so that's an extra advantage in addition to you know, a good team in a large city.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

iospace please stop being so trigger happy I have to wait until the morning so I can get updated standings and leaderboards for the new thread because west coast games are still going on when I go to bed

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3822365

• Locked thread