Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
I bet Gwen Stefani gets a lifetime supply of Doc Martins. I know I bought a pair in the 90's hoping to get some of that punk pussy action.
Well at least the shoes came with guaranteed lifetime uppers. Replaced the soles once but the uppers had by then lost their shine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gay Weed Dad
Jul 12, 2016

cool dude, flyin' high
Come to think of it I did buy several canes after watching Citizen Kane! Just goes to show you are never as above the influence as you'd hope, sheesh!

crusty
Apr 16, 2015

Crustacean

Gay Weed Dad posted:

Come to think of it I did buy several canes after watching Citizen Kane! Just goes to show you are never as above the influence as you'd hope, sheesh!

Rosebud brand sleds also made a killing that year

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Op the Talkboy in Home Alone 2 was not product placement. It was a mock up and didn't even exist. Tiger Electronics decided to make one after seeing it in the movie

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

Op the Talkboy in Home Alone 2 was not product placement. It was a mock up and didn't even exist. Tiger Electronics decided to make one after seeing it in the movie

Hi kids we're home early

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark

epsilon posted:

Pizza Hut, Doritos, Reebok, Nuprin & Pepsi in Wayne's World

Also that one Kodachrome ad in The Man From UNCLE.

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Gun in Zardoz and also penis, all PR is good.

1982 Subaru Brat
Feb 2, 2007

by Athanatos
Defenders of globalization point out that there has never been a war between two countries with a McDonalds, besides the breakup of Yugoslavia. What I want to know is: how did McDonalds get a piece of that Serbian vs Bosnian action?

I mean you'd think that that night vision footage of Iraqi hotels being demolished would have lingered over a KFC at some point, but nope!

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
The siege of Sarajevo produced some crazy marketing for Holiday Inn.

DamnCanadian
Jan 3, 2005

Perpetuating the stereotype since 1978.
Yahoo! placement in Inspector Gadget was shameful

Barudak
May 7, 2007

1982 Subaru Brat posted:

Defenders of globalization point out that there has never been a war between two countries with a McDonalds, besides the breakup of Yugoslavia. What I want to know is: how did McDonalds get a piece of that Serbian vs Bosnian action?

I mean you'd think that that night vision footage of Iraqi hotels being demolished would have lingered over a KFC at some point, but nope!

Ukraine and Russia.

I worked on that business while it was happening which was madness

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Barudak posted:

Ukraine and Russia.

I worked on that business while it was happening which was madness

the trick is, there hasn't been a "war" since world war 2. all of the countries that are sophisticated enough to even bothering with war declarations dont do it any more. its all police actions and "those aren't russian soldiers!"

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Rutibex posted:

the trick is, there hasn't been a "war" since world war 2. all of the countries that are sophisticated enough to even bothering with war declarations dont do it any more. its all police actions and "those aren't russian soldiers!"

So then there has never been a war since the founding of McDonald's?

Dang, you'd think they'd publicize that more

Mister Mind
Mar 20, 2009

I'm not a real doctor,
But I am a real worm;
I am an actual worm

Gay Weed Dad posted:

As did I, after NewsRadio.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RC9_WKVH_Xs

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.

Chlamyllionaire posted:

I bet Gwen Stefani gets a lifetime supply of Doc Martins. I know I bought a pair in the 90's hoping to get some of that punk pussy action.
Well at least the shoes came with guaranteed lifetime uppers. Replaced the soles once but the uppers had by then lost their shine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84c8b_Ol4Lk

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009

cool new Polack jokes posted:

Ronin is just a loving awesome movie, period, that gets NO love

:agreed:

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

...and the pitch! posted:

The Wolverine could easily be recut in to Audi ads.

VRViperII
Mar 17, 2009
Macross Do You Remember Love
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YkEWS4eJgBk

At 6:33 Budwiser can drunken missiles.

Antifa Sarkeesian
Jun 4, 2009

yo les digo que no, que no soy la madre de nadie, pero que, eso si, los conozco a todos, a todos los jóvenes poetas del DF, a los que nacieron aquí y a los que llegaron de provincias, y a los que el oleaje trajo de otros lugares de Latinoamérica, y que los quiero a todos

Rutibex posted:

las islas malvinas son argentinas

to contribute to thread:
the falklands war and exocet missiles

Tomato Burger
Jun 18, 2007
The secret is granola.
http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=i_robot

Remember this thing from the internet of a decade ago? Heh.

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Rutibex posted:

There's the Russian-Georgian war of 2008. That wasn't formally declared either, but the Russians did invade Georgia.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
does Georgia have McDonalds

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Ein cooler Typ posted:

does Georgia have McDonalds

Georgian food is amazing, but they almost certainly do have McDonald's.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
No one declares war anymore. That leaves any military action open for a never ending conflict. :science: Woohoo!

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

ulysses grant was sent cigars even though he didnt smoke. he was called into battle suddenly when he was trying one and the depictions of him with a cigar clenched as he was fighting was so popular he got free cigars the rest of his life even though he took up smoking constantly to try and get rid of em. im sure it was great publicity for cigars too. he later died of throat cancer but you win some you lose some.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Stexils posted:

ulysses grant was sent cigars even though he didnt smoke. he was called into battle suddenly when he was trying one and the depictions of him with a cigar clenched as he was fighting was so popular he got free cigars the rest of his life even though he took up smoking constantly to try and get rid of em. im sure it was great publicity for cigars too. he later died of throat cancer but you win some you lose some.

Huh, he died from a war of attrition.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

"The greatest honor history can bestow is the title of peacemaker."

504 posted:

The restaurant changed depending where you saw the movie. I got pizza hut.

Holy poo poo.

Demolition Man Wikipedia posted:

One of the film's focal points is Taco Bell being the sole surviving restaurant chain in the world. Because Taco Bell is not widely available outside the U.S., the European version substitutes it with Pizza Hut, with lines re-dubbed and logos changed during post-production

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HpIZrOH4zc

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZ9B7owHxMQ

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Wine in the Bible

bird with big dick