Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

precision posted:

Yeah but if you're that kind of American then this show is already going to offend you, which is why I find it specifically strange that they would bother with fake dicks. It's as weird to me, as someone who is not afraid of dicks, as it would be if films and shows had topless women wear prosthetic breasts that looked just like their normal breasts (though maybe larger).

Every once in a while they do in fact use prosthetic breasts, usually because the actress last minute got shy. Body doubles are more common, but not always used. There's a really weird bit that was obvious to me early on in the 2009 Friday the 13th film where an actress who takes off her top is obviously wearing a chest prosthetic and it really doesn't look like a real chest at all. It instead ends up looking like those renaissance paintings where the artist used a male model as his reference when drawing a woman, and then just pasted vaguely boob shaped bags to the chest in the piece.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

Zaphod42 posted:

They generally don't show vaginas either, just fuzzy merkin bikinis. We get boobs, but de-sexualizing boobs a bit and letting women go topless is a good thing so lets not complain about that part.

They don't show vaginas at all honestly so there's actually more explicit male nudity on premium cable than there is female these days

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Shooting Blanks posted:

the one episode showed simulated penetration.

Pretty sure this did not happen.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

precision posted:

Yeah but if you're that kind of American then this show is already going to offend you, which is why I find it specifically strange that they would bother with fake dicks. It's as weird to me, as someone who is not afraid of dicks, as it would be if films and shows had topless women wear prosthetic breasts that looked just like their normal breasts (though maybe larger).

They use fake genitals for consistency and because they film better. Trying to blame it on puritanical America is dumb because it's what literally everyone does, the lesbian sex scene in Blue Is the Warmest Color also used fake labias.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Guy Mann posted:

They use fake genitals for consistency and because they film better. Trying to blame it on puritanical America is dumb because it's what literally everyone does, the lesbian sex scene in Blue Is the Warmest Color also used fake labias.

I was under the impression that was mostly because the girls in that movie are very young?

I can think of dozens of films that have shown real vaginas and dicks, so "literally everyone" does not muck about.

Harvey Keitel's dick was on full display in The Piano, and that was over 20 years ago and that movie played everywhere. There was some controversy, but... it was 20 years ago

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Open Source Idiom posted:

Pretty sure this did not happen.

It was in Predator vision but the Djinn love scene definitely had some of the ol' in and out top o' the morning to you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Medullah posted:

It was in Predator vision but the Djinn love scene definitely had some of the ol' in and out top o' the morning to you.

Not to mention a rather artistic representation of ejaculation.

• Locked thread