Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
M42
Nov 12, 2012

shrekfest 9000 👌

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

Dumb question - is it expected that you'll probably end up crashing multiple times? I feel like I'd put my hand out and gently caress up my wrist, even at low speeds with full gear.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

MomJeans420 posted:

Dumb question - is it expected that you'll probably end up crashing multiple times? I feel like I'd put my hand out and gently caress up my wrist, even at low speeds with full gear.

that footage was taken out of maybe 30 or 40 minutes of recorded video throughout 5+? hours of riding

Mistaken For Bacon
Apr 26, 2003

Razzled posted:

Lol got my legit layer dan moment. When newbie went down in front of me I was like oh poo poo and laid it down to not run him over

I fully appreciate that. I had a blast out there, and I've already set up a budget to come out again. I did tell you all I was weird, tho

Koruthaiolos
Nov 21, 2002

MomJeans420 posted:

Pretty much, yes. I'd be surprised if anybody crashed less than a dozen times and most at least a dozen or more each day. Even the instructors crash multiple times during the weekend. Everybody ends up covered in bruises, but in the 4 years I've gone I've yet to see anything worse than bad bruises.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

Mistaken For Bacon posted:

I fully appreciate that. I had a blast out there, and I've already set up a budget to come out again. I did tell you all I was weird, tho

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.
1. elbows up, push the bike down
2. Screwdriver hands.
3. hands, head, hips
4. bellybutton where you're going
5. WILD
6. look
7. teeter totter of traction
8. series of straight lines
9. enter to set up exit
10. and last, but not least, the bike's a unicycle

MomJeans420 posted:

Koruthaiolos posted:

Pretty much, yes. I'd be surprised if anybody crashed less than a dozen times and most at least a dozen or more each day. Even the instructors crash multiple times during the weekend. Everybody ends up covered in bruises, but in the 4 years I've gone I've yet to see anything worse than bad bruises.

The one time I actually got hurt, it wasn't in a crash. They're little bikes and crashing in the dirt hurts a lot less than pavement.

See, I never crash.

Mistaken For Bacon
Apr 26, 2003

What really sold me on this, other than everyone else's general enthusiasm, was a video where Aaron says, "You're paying me to come crash my bikes." I have a purple foot now as a souvenir reminder to keep the balls of my feet on the pegs, not my heels.

Edit: For the life of me, I can't remember what WILD stands for

Mistaken For Bacon fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Aug 8, 2017

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Video games are for children. Dr. Who, Sherlock and Community need to be canceled. Firefly sucked.

Everything you like is bad, everything I like is good and cool. I've had sex. I've stuck my big rod into a babe and it was good. There's proof I've had sex, where's yours ?
yeah if you didn't crash a bunch you weren't really trying to learn new things.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

Mistaken For Bacon posted:

What really sold me on this, other than everyone else's general enthusiasm, was a video where Aaron says, "You're paying me to come crash my bikes." I have a purple foot now as a souvenir reminder to keep the balls of my feet on the pegs, not my heels.

Edit: For the life of me, I can't remember what WILD stands for

wide initiate look deep

Koruthaiolos
Nov 21, 2002

HNasty posted:

yeah if you didn't crash a bunch you weren't really trying to learn new things.

It's the ABCs of cornerspin - Always Be Crashing.

Mistaken For Bacon
Apr 26, 2003

EX250 Type R posted:

wide initiate look deep

👊 Ya want some vodka?

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I won my main today, just have to do it again tomorrow and I'll feel like cornerspin was a worthwhile investment

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

So that's like $900 on school and hotel to win a $10 trophy. :coal:

BC, thanks for putting together the video. It was cool.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I took 3rd overall and 1st in my class for the weekend, missing 2nd overall by a single point.

All of these points but in particular the bold areas

builds character posted:

1. elbows up, push the bike down
2. Screwdriver hands.

3. hands, head, hips
4. bellybutton where you're going
5. WILD
6. look
7. teeter totter of traction
8. series of straight lines
9. enter to set up exit
10. and last, but not least, the bike's a unicycle

I believe helped me the most. I was consistent, I didn't have a single crash the entire weekend and got it done.

Deeters posted:

So that's like $900 on school and hotel to win a $10 trophy. :coal:

BC, thanks for putting together the video. It was cool.

Our trophies are bottles of sparkling wine. They will become mimosas tomorrow morning as I recover so while the two of them may not even be worth 10 dollars, how they will make me feel in the morning is priceless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL
Spin photos are up hoes: https://www.flickr.com/groups/4133809@N23/

Good poo poo, hope to see a similar turnout next year

• Locked thread