Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Levin
Jun 28, 2005

...over

Brockmire is a new IFC comedy starring Hank Azaria as an alcoholic and disgraced former MLB broadcaster looking for redemption. It is based on a Funny or Die sketch: http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/7d1f3b33e7/gamechangers-ep-3-a-legend-in-the-booth-with-hank-azaria

It has already been renewed for a second season and is pretty great.

Levin fucked around with this message at 22:41 on May 16, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Did everyone sleep on this show? it's the funniest thing on tv most weeks.

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

hey mister... can u play drums while I sing and play plastic guitar???
The not-Hank Azaria characters are a little hit or miss most weeks, but Brockmire himself is hilarious. I kinda thought the last episode had too much reality/actual broadcasters instead of actors. It was still mostly hilarious and none of them were terrible, but...

Levin
Jun 28, 2005

It wasn't my favourite episode of the season but I still enjoyed it. I really liked the B plot with Charles proposing his tinder date do stuff to him after "pounding [her] cervix like a medieval army trying to break through a castle door".

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
She was open for some weirdness.

suddenlyissoon
Feb 17, 2002

Don't be sad that I am gone.
This is definitely my favorite new show of the year. Super pissed that it only has 6 episodes.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
It has loving what!!!!!!!!!??

drat IT.

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

hey mister... can u play drums while I sing and play plastic guitar???
The 8th episode airs tonight and is the season finale.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
So I think we can agree everything Jules said in the finale is going to happen in the season 2 premier. If nothing else he'll come crawling back when the stress of not being able to get high/drunk in between innings gets to him

Levin
Jun 28, 2005

I enjoyed the finale. What you think sounds likely DarklyDreaming but if I'm honest I'd be happy with it just being a new chapter with Brockmire and Charles in New Orleans. My favourite scene from the episode was properly Jules getting revenge on the Pennsylvania Shale douchebag.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

That's pretty much how the first season had to end.

Kind of a dick move by Jules to use Brockmire throughout an entire season to make enough profit to have her dream of the Frackers succeeding survive....& then abandoning Jim the second he goes to pursue his own dream, despite that being made clear by Jim throughout the entire season.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

That was pretty loving solid first season of comedy. The Butler episode takes the top spot for me solely for the way Hank Azaria delivers "Butler, Butler, BUT-LER!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Levin
Jun 28, 2005

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

That was pretty loving solid first season of comedy. The Butler episode takes the top spot for me solely for the way Hank Azaria delivers "Butler, Butler, BUT-LER!"

I had to go back and watch this one again. The back and forth between Brockmire and Charles:"Jim, Jim, that's not true" "Shut up it feels true"

• Locked thread