Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe

SmokaDustbowl posted:

people are so scared to do psychedelics because they might have some loving insight into themselves. they just drink coffee after coffee and load up on sugar and caffeine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsVH9CqrTeA

except you, you're cool and do drugs all the time right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

my goth gf posted:

except you, you're cool and do drugs all the time right

uh yeah

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

one of my university lecturers spent 15 years working on fractal image compression and was real mad about the fact that fractal image compression turned out to be garbage that doesn't work

Su-Su-Sudoko
Oct 25, 2007

what stands in the way becomes the way

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gB9n2gHsHN4

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord
what's wrong with you op, the complex plane is just points in a grid, 2-dimensional space

you're killing me here

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
totes ug

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

SmokaDustbowl posted:

dude I did a heroic mushrooms one time, and I saw a pattern between every blade of grass in a field, and it was fractal poo poo

this happened to me seriously sunday night after consuming a ton of weed butter esp when I listened to music

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
fractals will be useful with quantum computers

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Sweevo posted:

one of my university lecturers spent 15 years working on fractal image compression and was real mad about the fact that fractal image compression turned out to be garbage that doesn't work

imagine waking up 50 and finding out basically everything you've studied and worked for up to that point was nonsense

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

thank you for turning me on to this, anime menthol cat

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

Colonel Taint posted:

Actually Wes Anderson is the worst aesthetic.

yeah

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
down with fractals

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

fractals will be useful with quantum computers

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
you seem grumpy op, have some cauliflower

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

[Zam is suddenly shot in the neck by a toxic dart; Anakin and Obi-Wan see a "rocket-man" take off and fly away, and Zam dies]

flakeloaf posted:

imagine waking up 50 and finding out basically everything you've studied and worked for up to that point was nonsense

most stuff

Lysidas
Jul 26, 2002

John Diefenbaker is a madman who thinks he's John Diefenbaker.
Pillbug

Sweevo posted:

what if, like, you could compress a file by just storing an offset and length into the binary expansion of pi?

makes u think :2bong:

pram
Jun 10, 2001
agreed op

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
fractals are for losers and poo poo eaters

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

op is a strange attractor

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

fractals are supposed to be all trippy and :lsd:, but i look at them and just get that "i don't give a poo poo" feeling like you get when someone tries to tell you how mind blowing their peyote trip was

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

OldAlias posted:

op is a strange attractor

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe

Sweevo posted:

fractals are supposed to be all trippy and :lsd:, but i look at them and just get that "i don't give a poo poo" feeling like you get when someone tries to tell you how mind blowing their peyote trip was

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

bro it was loving wild i was tirpping face

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

on some mr magoo poo poo for real

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe
thought I fractalled my wrist once, but luckily it was just sprained.

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

Sweevo posted:

have you ever done acid/shrooms?

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i have and trip reports suck

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

only if you suck at storytelling.

Mr SuperAwesome
Apr 6, 2011

im from the bad post police, and i'm afraid i have bad news

Lysidas posted:

what if, like, you could compress a file by just storing an offset and length into the binary expansion of pi?

makes u think :2bong:

this would be cool if it worked

it probably wouldn't

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Psychadelics are for r*tards who want brain damage.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Mr SuperAwesome posted:

this would be cool if it worked

it probably wouldn't

if could it's just likely the size of the offset address would probably be comparable or bigger than the file it was referencing

SpaceClown posted:

mint

Hugh G. Rectum posted:

only if you suck at storytelling.

like funny poo poo can happen while tripping for sure and u can get a cool story but telling the world about the inside experience isn't intriguing

sure maybe if someone is good at story telling but idk j haven't seen one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

SpaceClown posted:

you're a moron

• Locked thread