Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

GaussianCopula posted:

It's based on the champions in the Hedge Knight, which are in order a Baratheon, Tyrell, Lannister, Hardyng, Targerayan.

I think it's pretty stupid because Joffrey is actually a Lannister and Sansa was never betrothed to a Tyrell.

It's a minor Anaconda Malt Liquor theory, I don't know why some people like it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

GaussianCopula posted:

It's based on the champions in the Hedge Knight, which are in order a Baratheon, Tyrell, Lannister, Hardyng, Targerayan.

I think it's pretty stupid because Joffrey is actually a Lannister and Sansa was never betrothed to a Tyrell.

well, it's more directly dumb in that there would be no reason for an author to do this

when gurm does foreshadowing, he makes it pretty explicit by having present in dreams or visions, or by creating an oppressive mood, as in the chapter before the Red Wedding. he doesn't do this Bible Code nonsense where you're supposed to pay close attention to the menu at a feast in book 2 so that you can predict who will die in book 4

now, I could see Jonsa or Saegon happening in that there are a bunch of possible ending scenarios where it would make sense

if the series concludes with a Targ sitting the iron throne (which I don't believe will happen, as I reckon the seven kingdoms will be dissolved) then naturally they would want to align with sansa, who by that point will probably either control or be high in the succession of three lord paramountcies

PupsOfWar fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Sep 26, 2017

• Locked thread