Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AppropriateUser
Feb 17, 2012
Read and enjoyed both books. Graves makes Claudius an irresistibly likeable character. He is less sympathetic in Claudius The God, which isn't as gripping a narrative, but it's still worth a look. If you enjoyed watching I, Claudius, you might also like The Caesars, a show from the 60's covering most of the same period through a different perspective- you could almost call it I, Tiberius.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Finished the book finally a couple of days ago. Thanks for making me finally take it of my shelf, where it has been forever. Was excellent, and now I must read the next to see where the story goes next.

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

Thats three of ours innit...to one of yours. You know mate I really think we ought to even up the average!
I'm reading The First Man In Rome at the moment by Colleen McCulloch, it follows Marius and Sulla in the old Roman Republic. Pretty good so far, the characters are very well drawn.

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength

Sad King Billy posted:

I'm reading The First Man In Rome at the moment by Colleen McCulloch, it follows Marius and Sulla in the old Roman Republic. Pretty good so far, the characters are very well drawn.

Read that years ago, it is indeed v. good. More decadence and intrigue and backstabbing and desperate battles than you can eat.

• Locked thread