Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Store
May 2, 2009

in light of amazon's brand new customer monitoring device let's remember a simpler time in home electronics

look at this 'lil thing, it can tell you the news, play your favorite coldplay albums, tell you what it's like outside (without having to go there)

please post your favorite chumby features and use cases here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pram
Jun 10, 2001
it was dumb gas

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I almost bought one to use as a bedside clock and squeezebox controller but then both the squeezebox and the chumby died and I got a sonos

still haven't settled on a clock

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

oh hell yea i owned a chumby. bought it from SA Mart I think

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

qirex posted:

I almost bought one to use as a bedside clock and squeezebox controller but then both the squeezebox and the chumby died and I got a sonos

still haven't settled on a clock

I still have a squeezebox in the bathroom, pandora still works but everything else is trash

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
I like chubby BBWs chumby BBSs

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

gotta put a little meat on them boards

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

i read the title as chubby appreciation thread and that's why i clicked :q:

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

FCKGW posted:

I still have a squeezebox in the bathroom, pandora still works but everything else is trash

failed hobbyist hardware ftw

minivanmegafun
Jul 27, 2004

i wanted one of those long ago but never bought it.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

bedside clocks are a really badly served market. you either get a travel one that takes batteries or some turbo retard one that has a projector and no way to disable DST

Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE

I'm the dateboo

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

hifi posted:

bedside clocks are a really badly served market. you either get a travel one that takes batteries or some turbo retard one that has a projector and no way to disable DST

http://www.ebay.com/itm/American-In...%3D271592060477
probably the only good alarm clock ever made

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
I had a quality alarm clock that got ruined by new DST legislation.

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe

hifi posted:

turbo retard

mods, namechange me

quadpus
May 15, 2004

aaag sheets
my favorite bedside alarm is the one that ticks and you have to wind it up every night

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBmJaz6E2Dw

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

this is like chumby 3.0 with way fewer pixels
https://www.amazon.com/LaMetric-Tim...GF519VEDNWNXKNN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Jimmy Carter posted:

I'm the dateboo

oh my god