Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
I think this show might be a Vidalia onion...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
What did biscotti ever do to Tina Fey

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Cojawfee posted:

It's too hard for me to find the line between Tracy Morgan the person and the characters he plays. Seeing him in interviews makes it seem like Tracy Jordan wasn't a character and they just let him exist on the show.

The only difference between Tracy Morgan and Tracy Jordan was the amount of cursing.

I read an anecdote somewhere that one of the writers would follow Tracy Morgan around and just write down crazy poo poo he said for scripts.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

The Nastier Nate posted:

The only difference between Tracy Morgan and Tracy Jordan was the amount of cursing.

I read an anecdote somewhere that one of the writers would follow Tracy Morgan around and just write down crazy poo poo he said for scripts.

If he really is that crazy, that's kind of sad.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Is there any love for Gretchen's boy cult?

"Miss Gretchen, we glued our wieners together again".

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

twistedmentat posted:

Is there any love for Gretchen's boy cult?

"Miss Gretchen, we glued our wieners together again".
It's my favorite episode of the season, next to the one with Cork Rockingham.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
This might be crazy, but Liz is the shittiest character in 30 Rock with the least jokes and the worst plots.

Every character in the show is funnier because she is so middle of the road and a loser, and after 7 loving years of constant "Liz is so fat and disgusting *beautiful brunette covered in perfect Hollywood make-up tries to pretend to look fat eating doughnuts* it's clear as day to me that Liz only exists as a window through which we can enjoy Jenna, Jack, Tracey, Kenneth, Pete & the Pranksmen.

I loved 30 Rock, watched it start to finish 4-5 times it really Tina Fey is a an excellent writer and a really weirdly conservative, sexist and boring comedienne.

I was about to start S3 but realized I don't remember season 2 at all so I think I might just rewatch the series, but did anything important happen in S1 or can I just jump back to S 2 without missing anything.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

Bust Rodd posted:

Tina Fey is a an excellent writer and a really weirdly conservative, sexist

She's just your average 2nd wave white woman feminist.

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

There are a lot of people on Facebook burning their NFL merch. Not just Redskins stuff.

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

Now that someone else bumped the thread and saved me from the shame of doing so, I want to take the opportunity to link to this

https://twitter.com/PluckyMomo/status/909583447110279168

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Ignis posted:

Now that someone else bumped the thread and saved me from the shame of doing so, I want to take the opportunity to link to this

https://twitter.com/PluckyMomo/status/909583447110279168

Alec Baldwin is gonna get eaten, isn't he?

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

Bust Rodd posted:

This might be crazy, but Liz is the shittiest character in 30 Rock with the least jokes and the worst plots.

Every character in the show is funnier because she is so middle of the road and a loser, and after 7 loving years of constant "Liz is so fat and disgusting *beautiful brunette covered in perfect Hollywood make-up tries to pretend to look fat eating doughnuts* it's clear as day to me that Liz only exists as a window through which we can enjoy Jenna, Jack, Tracey, Kenneth, Pete & the Pranksmen.

I loved 30 Rock, watched it start to finish 4-5 times it really Tina Fey is a an excellent writer and a really weirdly conservative, sexist and boring comedienne.

I was about to start S3 but realized I don't remember season 2 at all so I think I might just rewatch the series, but did anything important happen in S1 or can I just jump back to S 2 without missing anything.

No one said she was fat just that she had terrible taste in clothing and was a junk food addict. People said she was pretty as a model in Cleveland.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

The Fuzzy Hulk posted:

There are a lot of people on Facebook burning their NFL merch. Not just Redskins stuff.

Sunday Sunday Sunday! The Washington Gun-takers face off with their arch rivals, the Dallas Anthem-kneelers! Click here to purchase jerseys pre-soaked in lighter fluid, only $179.99!

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Dmitri-9 posted:

No one said she was fat just that she had terrible taste in clothing and was a junk food addict. People said she was pretty as a model in Cleveland.

These words came out of Jack "the Master Baiter" Donaghy: Technically, you're a catch. You've got money, status, naturally thick hair, a decent set.

If Jack was saying she was a catch, then she probably is. Just has poor taste in shoes and probably should eat less night cheese

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Or not use cheese instead of broth when making soup

Or sleepeating pizza and waffles

Or shoveling the entire teamster hoagie (and dipping sauce) in her mouth at the airport (this is one of my favorite scenes though)

Also I don't mind admitting that the very first time I really noticed the difference between SD and HD resolution was watching 30 Rock at a friend's house and thinking "drat I can see her cleavage as clear as if she were sitting right here in the room!".

Maybe they don't make a big deal about her being overweight but "Liz is unappealing" is a constant source of jokes throughout her series run (hot pants episode?) and I just never ever bought it.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Sash! posted:

These words came out of Jack "the Master Baiter" Donaghy: Technically, you're a catch. You've got money, status, naturally thick hair, a decent set.

If Jack was saying she was a catch, then she probably is. Just has poor taste in shoes and probably should eat less night cheese

I feel like it was about how society generally tells women they're unattractive so you buy a product. I have an incredibly gorgeous friend who lives in Brooklyn and she is always telling me when I say she looks good that she is barely a 5 for NYC, a city full of models and actresses and women who look they're them.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

twistedmentat posted:

I feel like it was about how society generally tells women they're unattractive so you buy a product. I have an incredibly gorgeous friend who lives in Brooklyn and she is always telling me when I say she looks good that she is barely a 5 for NYC, a city full of models and actresses and women who look they're them.

There was that episode where Jenna left for Hollywood:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mb1gA17Y1o0

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Davros1 posted:

There was that episode where Jenna left for Hollywood:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mb1gA17Y1o0

Yea, from how she talks, either its that, or women are stereotypical old timey new yorker ladies like Georges mom. Then when she was visiting here, we were out and people kept thinking she was a model, so Toronto is the Cleveland of Canada.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Bust Rodd posted:

Maybe they don't make a big deal about her being overweight but "Liz is unappealing" is a constant source of jokes throughout her series run (hot pants episode?) and I just never ever bought it.

Unappealing because she's a slob, which is true because she is, not for other reasons.

For instance, when she taped her bra together, had food in her hair, or wore those overalls.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Liz is a Dirty Diva, actually.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Liz is a nice Greek woman which in my family means wife material tbqh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

twistedmentat posted:

Yep, when you move to a major city you instantly drop attractiveness points. I've lived in London and Paris and constantly felt like my appearance wasn't sleek and polished enough. Working in a city usually means spending more time and money on your appearance, so while Liz is pretty, she doesn't really have that NYC look and stands out.

• Locked thread