Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth

Privyet, comrades, and welcome to the Kremlin.
The workers and peasants of the Soviet Union require your aid! You must lead the world to Communism!
A primer on the function of the Kremlin can be found here.
First we have some choices:
Difficulty: Utopia, Normal, Hard, Solzhenitsyn, 1904
Starting Date: 1985, 1986, 1988 (after Romanov), 1988 (after Gorbachev), 1989 (after Grishin), 1989 (after Gromyko)
Character: Use Historical or Create Our Own?

Remember Comrades, the victory of the inevitable historical dialectic depends on you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014
*craft Five Year Plan*

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
*have borscht for lunch*

mmmm
Jul 26, 2010

hey
you're one of them fancy lads, ain't ya?
I remember this game being total bullshit so you might wanna keep the difficulty at "hard" or lower.

be sure to bribe the gently caress out of the KGB peoples every year -- especially if you're going to GET RADICAL -- makes coups way less likely / more survivable. also take time to read the paperback book Klass that the game came bundled with, read the whole drat thing cover-to-cover or you're playing the game wrong.

Nckdictator
Sep 8, 2006
Just..someone

mmmm posted:

I remember this game being total bullshit so you might wanna keep the difficulty at "hard" or lower.

be sure to bribe the gently caress out of the KGB peoples every year -- especially if you're going to GET RADICAL -- makes coups way less likely / more survivable. also take time to read the paperback book Klass that the game came bundled with, read the whole drat thing cover-to-cover or you're playing the game wrong.

I think this is the remake that came out on Steam earlier this year.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

tell american president reagan to go gently caress himself

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

encourage social reformism, then see who comes out in favor of it and put the revisionist trash in the gulag forever

nuke america

nuke europe

send the chinese a memo telling them to have fun with their dead planet

get in a rocket and set sail for fully automated luxury space communism

eatenmyeyes
Mar 29, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Summon Putin then put three slugs in his head.

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
Okay, I was under the impression people were actually going to take this somewhat seriously. I'll probably just post this in LP.

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Mycroft Holmes posted:

Okay, I was under the impression people were actually going to take this somewhat seriously.

hack the americans computer network to shitpost on compuserve!

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Mycroft Holmes posted:

Okay, I was under the impression people were actually going to take this somewhat seriously. I'll probably just post this in LP.

I liked the idea at least.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Mycroft Holmes posted:

I would but I have no idea how the game even works and you didn't explain it.

Hard 85 Roll Your Own

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Mycroft Holmes posted:

Shitposting is almost guaranteed every threat in cspam, just post and they will come

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
1904, 1985, historical

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

rudatron posted:

Shitposting is almost guaranteed every threat in cspam, just post and they will come
the op or thread title should have come with a "no shitposting" caveat. if you don't spell it out, the shitposters will come out to play

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
do the hardest difficulty to show the situation facing real communism. start as early as possible.

Who are our potential characters?

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth

Pop-o-Matic Trouble posted:

do the hardest difficulty to show the situation facing real communism. start as early as possible.

Who are our potential characters?

By starting in 1985, we can choose any one of these brave Comrades!

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
i'm tempted to play through as 'jeb bush', but we could try Andrey Gromyko, because I choose to interpret 'moderate' as 'chaotic neutral'

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Either roll your own commie or Gromyko.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
neostalinism sounds cool so go with Romanov

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
Another vote for Big Grig' here.

Huragok
Sep 14, 2011
+1 for Neostalinist Romanov

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
Vote Count:
Gromyoko: 3
Romanov: 2

Voting closes at midnight!

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Jose posted:

neostalinism sounds cool so go with Romanov

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

hell no, not gonna let the tie stand. let's do Romanov

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

throwing my support behind Big Grig Over the Road Racing

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
neostalinism is at +6 in a shameful display of the ops numeracy skills

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 237 days!
Romanov why are we even playing this poo poo if we aren't going full neostalinism

mmmm
Jul 26, 2010

hey
you're one of them fancy lads, ain't ya?

Nckdictator posted:

I think this is the remake that came out on Steam earlier this year.

holy moley they're remaking everything!

not gonna vote in this but when a remake of Star Control 2 comes out maybe I'll make a confused post in Goons w. Spoons

you should still bribe the poo poo out of KGB officials if the game lets you, dont put bullets in their heads, they will insulate you from the consequences of your horrible decisions

also they do not like bullets in the head, and keep in mind that they are, of course, russians too. how sure are you they are dead? perhaps you will not be so sure. perhaps you will drink before bed, and look out the window, and wonder. do not go down this road friend

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
Final Tally:
Romanov: 5
Gromyoko: 4

Neostalinism it is!

One final question: Should I post every image in this thread, or separate options into linked imgur albums. There's a lot of options with their own text.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

i dont know the answer to that tovarisch. follow your heart for the motherland.

The_Politics_Man
Aug 25, 2015
Ask yourself "What Would Stalin Do?"

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Post everything here

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

resar posted:

Ask yourself "What Would Stalin Do?"

So whatever choice he makes, everyone who made the other suggestion can't post anymore? Actually that would be a fun gimmick.

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...
This game is an inscrutable and really janky black box that I find fascinating anyway. Definitely worth a play just to see what's possible on the road to FULL GLOBAL COMMUNISM

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes
I'm waiting for a guide for this game because the game is actually really deep (i.e increasing propaganda too much counters your education funding because you are brainwashing them too much, increasing salaries too much is actually bad because it makes people demand goods Soviet industry can't actually produce) but the lack of feedback to your decisions means that you have no idea what's going on most of the time or why every month you have to call the army and/or the kgb to suppress counter-revolutionary protest in the streets

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

reignonyourparade posted:

So whatever choice he makes, everyone who made the other suggestion can't post anymore? Actually that would be a fun gimmick.

going full stalinist is actually good for political stability on the short run the problem is that on the long run you start to run out of $$$ and that causes instability by itself

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Typo posted:

I'm waiting for a guide for this game because the game is actually really deep (i.e increasing propaganda too much counters your education funding because you are brainwashing them too much, increasing salaries too much is actually bad because it makes people demand goods Soviet industry can't actually produce) but the lack of feedback to your decisions means that you have no idea what's going on most of the time or why every month you have to call the army and/or the kgb to suppress counter-revolutionary protest in the streets

Tbh this sounds like the Khrushchev administration in a nutshell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes
spoilers:

I expect everyone to

TRUMP

*CLICK*

when this comes up